Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 157415 times)

juno

so your fishing the lower river? right?  somebody  I know told me  the chums are coming  in 2 weeks  is that right? he is not in this forum.

island boy

there in.
you kill it, you clean it.

NiceFish

• Old Timer

Ive been out in the canal last few first lights. Haven't see much caught, landed 1 nice wild only. Been out 5 times now all sunny days throughout the river with same results, very slow. Of course as usual others are getting limits...

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

..and what is that policy and where is it on the Sage website?

Just had a look at their warranty page and there is no mention of such a policy.

Hey Ralph.  Here is the repair pricing information:

https://www.sageflyfish.com/repair-pricing

Note - Sage does differentiate between warranty and repair.  Sage also still acknowledges rods that were sold with the original "unconditional lifetime warranty".  These rods will have a serial number starting with Q, R, S, or T.  Of my seven Sage fly rods and one gear rod, my 896 RPL+ factory rod should still have an unconditional warranty as the serial number on my rod starts with "S".  All of my other Sage rods are factory rods with lifetime warranties (but not "unconditional").

https://www.sageflyfish.com/warranty

https://www.sageflyfish.com/repair-vs-warranty

Earlier this year, I broke my Sage VXP on a Squamish pink salmon.  The rod pieces at the first ferrule were loose, resulting in the second of my 4-piece section breaking like a twig.  This was clearly my fault for not ensuring the rod pieces were fully put together.  I ended up paying $100.00 to get the piece replaced.

I'm not crazy about the new pricing as many of my rods are in excess of 10 years post availability.  Such is life...

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

good stuff FFM. THanks

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bobby b

so your fishing the lower river? right?  somebody  I know told me  the chums are coming  in 2 weeks  is that right? he is not in this forum.

I have caught several already....in the upper river

bigsnag

• Old Timer

I am pleased to announce that I am now the proud owner of a Sage 795 XP.
Thank you for everyone's input.
Sorry Rodney for hijacking this thread.
It ain't the roe bro'

milo

• Old Timer

I am pleased to announce that I am now the proud owner of a Sage 795 XP.
Thank you for everyone's input.
Sorry Rodney for hijacking this thread.

You just increased its value. Talk about it being fully customized. 8)

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

How’s the water? Thinking of going tomorrow when everyone is at home eating turkey!  ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

How’s the water? Thinking of going tomorrow when everyone is at home eating turkey!  ::)
Gin clear yesterday going for a look now so any change will let you know. People were there when I went for coffee at 5AM this morning, fires on a lot of sand bars. Who needs a fish that bad to be out there then, well I guess they could the same about me going for coffee at 5AM.lol

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Ive been out in the canal last few first lights. Haven't see much caught, landed 1 nice wild only. Been out 5 times now all sunny days throughout the river with same results, very slow. Of course as usual others are getting limits...
I have had not much sucess any I have had is on the incoming tide in the canal, too many early birds too.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

People were there when I went for coffee at 5AM this morning, fires on a lot of sand bars.
Thanx Chris! Fishing must be epic if they building fires on the sand bars before first light! Maybe I will sell firewood instead.  :o

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Most people who have a regular job can only fish on weekends so realistically there are only a few days of good opportunities in the whole season for them, so they're going to capitalize them. I think it's pretty cozy to stand around a fire with friends before the bites around dawn. Too cold for me now, but good for those who have the dedication to do it.

Fish are all spread out in the entire river right now IMO. Every run can produce, just not at the same intensity as we saw a week ago.... That will not be forgotten in a very long time lol... ;D I'm amazed by the abundance of chinook salmon, even very fresh ones, right now in the river as we approach mid October. Guides at the Fraser River mouth were still reporting encounters of both white and red chinooks  this past week.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Fish are all spread out in the entire river right now IMO. Every run can produce, just not at the same intensity as we saw a week ago.... That will not be forgotten in a very long time lol... ;D I'm amazed by the abundance of chinook salmon, even very fresh ones, right now in the river as we approach mid October. Guides at the Fraser River mouth were still reporting encounters of both white and red chinooks  this past week.

Despite all the doom and gloom surrounding chinook early this year. This year has turned out to be one of the best chinook season locally in a very very long time. Two things happened the ocean guys got resiticed including commercial and I think ocean survivals were higher. These factors resulted in a lot making it back to the rivers.

what a great chinook season.