Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 157399 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Since 2011 the population of BC has increased by about 550,000 people or about 12.5%. The Fraser Valley grew by about 6.6 from 2011 to 2017.  It seems reasonable to expect that participation in a variety of activities such as sport fishing would be rising along with the population.

That angling license sales have also been declining suggests to me that the perception many of us have that angling pressure is increasing particularly in specific locales suggests that people who continue to buy licenses are fishing more intently and concentrating their efforts at specific times of the year
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

People that want to fish want to catch fish. There is enough info now on the internet to make a new fishermen pretty successful. There is also enough information available about the area and times that have peak abundance and when you are most likely to limit out.

Chilliwack in October is one of Thoes places and it’s only ever going to get busier.

Fall fishing previously was not hugely popular because lots of guys could fill their freezers by August. Now there is almost no opportunities for fishing till the fall run on hatchery salmon.

It is what it is
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:36:17 AM by wildmanyeah »

psd1179

• Old Timer

no more salmon push in, but the net report shows steelhead caught

https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fos2_Internet/Testfish/rptDTFD.cfm

blueback

Any reports on the river conditions boys? Wondering for Friday, but I imagine it's high and muddy with all this rain.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any reports on the river conditions boys? Wondering for Friday, but I imagine it's high and muddy with all this rain.
Took a look a couple of hours ago and it is fine. Snow level down on the mountains so if it remains cool it should be fishable.