Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 98491 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Mid River very chalky maybe 16" vis at best and degrading below the crossing.
It did not look too good at Lickman when I stopped by around 11. It will only get worse as raining hard right now.

Dave

• Old Timer

The river is toast.  Stay home.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Should be productive when the water recedes.

Dave

• Old Timer

Should be productive when the water recedes.

Yeah, should be interesting. I hope to hear of lots of wild fish caught (and carefully released, of course) as these early fish are what buck and I see in the upper river in April and May.   So far, anecdotal catches of both wild and hatchery fish are very poor, but the weather and fishing conditions have been brutal. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

As must of you are aware. the river is in an unfishable condition.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions are improving some as visibility around a foot I think, of course it could change at any time with the thaw on. Rain has been on and off all day so far.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was in great shape this morning saw the first one caught other than mine a few weeks ago. Heard of two others in the 2 hours I was out, maybe will slip out again and hopefully the many others out there today will have gone home. ;D

TheLostSockeye

Chwk lake road this morning was a sheet of black ice. You couldn't go over 50km without sliding all over the place. Just a warning to all of you first light fishers it might be like this tomorrow in the AM.

Dave

• Old Timer

Good advice! Vedder Mountain Road was the same ... a few cars off the road.

Dave

• Old Timer

River was in great shape this morning saw the first one caught other than mine a few weeks ago. Heard of two others in the 2 hours I was out, maybe will slip out again and hopefully the many others out there today will have gone home. ;D
Well after that it will be a zoo tomorrow  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Well after that it will be a zoo tomorrow  ;D
It always is a zoo these days on the Chilliwaqk Vedder River Dave, week days or weekends it does not matter what is posted. I will post this and make it a double zoo tomorrow. ;D

Went out for an hour this afternoon and fished a run that I suppose had been pounded all day but on my fourth cast, second steelhead of the year landed.  ;D ;D ;D

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

It always is a zoo these days on the Chilliwaqk Vedder River Dave, week days or weekends it does not matter what is posted. I will post this and make it a double zoo tomorrow. ;D

Went out for an hour this afternoon and fished a run that I suppose had been pounded all day but on my fourth cast, second steelhead of the year landed.  ;D ;D ;D

Triple zoo in process! ;D
Congrats for the fish though.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Triple zoo in process! ;D
Congrats for the fish though.
Yes it makes it more of a challenge to catch one with all the anglers out there. ;D

Of course we have to keep FWR the most popular fishing web site in the world as these reports gets more clicks for Rodney. ;D ;D ;D

yoda

Way to go Chris, was it a hatch?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Way to go Chris, was it a hatch?
No a wild one but I never mind these days, as just being able to get one with all the fishing pressure the river gets now is enough of a reward. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19