Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 98493 times)

ankey

-9 at Alision Pool. All my toes were numb.

1750carl

Super cold and there was ice/slush floating down the river, and a couple of times my bait would sit on the ice/slush on top of the water. Fished from top to bottom (various holes) not even a sniff. . . Didn't hear of any fish being caught either.

bobby b

I too braved the cold .... no fish.
 Except for an old black and tan (moldy) coho that slowly followed my colorado blade right up to the bank.... looked like it was in a trance....was weird:P 

NothingToSnagAbout

How active could you possibly expect the fish to be in these conditions?

bobby b

Ya...No kidding ....lol

There is always hope...besides,was still good to be out exploring. I have caught before in the -3 to -5 range.....

Next week should shake things up, with the lower temps and rain, the river should come up some and hopefully we'll see some fish enter the system
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:26:43 AM by bobby b »

John Revolver

Stay home.

Its stupid cold.

Its supid low.

Its stupid windy.

Dont be stupid. Stay home and wait for late January temps When it warms and water levels bump up. This is getting fcking redic. These fish are stuck, stale and NOT moving.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:22:56 PM by John Revolver »

dave c

Hit mid-river Saturday with a buddy.  Fished several runs saw one coho boot taken.  Near end of the day went back to first run we fished.  Sun was low, my buddy put on a  Colorado and first drift was into a Wild Buck around 14 -15lb.  Quickly released.  I put on a blade and about 4 drifts later landed a 10lb hatch buck.  Great day.

stsfisher

Hit mid-river Saturday with a buddy.  Fished several runs saw one coho boot taken.  Near end of the day went back to first run we fished.  Sun was low, my buddy put on a  Colorado and first drift was into a Wild Buck around 14 -15lb.  Quickly released.  I put on a blade and about 4 drifts later landed a 10lb hatch buck.  Great day.

David/Andy?

dave c

stsfisher

Apennock

Nah, it'll be the slowest week yet.  Stay home everybody ;)

Silex-user

Anyone else pondering the forecast for tons of rain this week? Coupled with some warmer weather, and it doesn't take a far stretch of the imagination to to maybe see some fresh fish spill in the systems

Ssshhhhh..... ::)

Silex user

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was a lovely afternoon to be out, maybe I am turning into a fair weather angler now, I think I am one of the oldest anglers out there but happy still able to do so.

Lots of anglers out but saw nothing landed but did hear of some caught. Every run seems to have someone fishing it and of course runs was pounded before we afternoon chaps get out.

Will try my luck at badminton tonight.

dave c

Was a lovely afternoon to be out, maybe I am turning into a fair weather angler now, I think I am one of the oldest anglers out there but happy still able to do so.

Lots of anglers out but saw nothing landed but did hear of some caught. Every run seems to have someone fishing it and of course runs was pounded before we afternoon chaps get out.

Will try my luck at badminton tonight.
and we get to watch our beloved leafs tomorrow

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Mid River very chalky maybe 16" vis at best and degrading below the crossing.