Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 97495 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Out again for a couple of hours this AM, at first light too for the first time this year but nothing for me but saw one caught and heard of others. Good to see Joey as well. River was fairly crowded as Dave predicted but a very friendly group enjoying the morning fishery.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

water clarity improved from yesterdays to a nice deep blue and water level also dropped.

yoda

I agree with you Chris, the people I ran into today were very friendly. Bit of a gong show but if you walked away from the big groups
I pretty well fished unimpeded  for most of the afternoon. Managed to find a really juicy spot today (first time out), and got my
worm ripped under for a short tug of war, but it only had the bottom of my worm on. Hook just about got him. Did manage one more pull down to no avail. All in all a beauty of a day and nice to at least feel one.

Apennock

Such great weather and nobody here has been on the water in 4 days?  Weird. 

Tangles

It's not weird, it's logical :D It means everybody is on the flow, not wasting their time glued on screens :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Keeping their catches secret.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I checked at Lickman this morning and not an angler in sight, I guess they are catching them elsewhere or everyone has gone home with a fish. ;D

Apennock

It's not weird, it's logical :D It means everybody is on the flow, not wasting their time glued on screens :)

Maybe disappointing is a better word.  I suspect everyone "on the flow" has benefitted from a report from the rest of us at one time or another. 

Sometimes I feel the "community" aspect of this group gets lost sometimes.  At any rate, I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon.  I'll let you guys know how it is :)

Dave

• Old Timer

I checked at Lickman this morning and not an angler in sight, I guess they are catching them elsewhere or everyone has gone home with a fish. ;D

Really?  What time was that?  I was at Peach around 10 am and saw about 20 anglers, fishing 4 runs.

clarkii

• Old Timer

Yeah um checking at 2 am doesn't count you know.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Really?  What time was that?  I was at Peach around 10 am and saw about 20 anglers, fishing 4 runs.

That's it? They must have all dispersed after yesterday...  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

That must be where the fish are then. I imagine the fires will be burning soon.lol

TheLostSockeye

Lots of reports everyday if you know where and how to look  ::)
Tough out there as you have to be at a run before first light to have a good chance at a fish. I don't mind fishing behind others but when your the 12th guy to fish a run and its only 8am is pretty ridiculous

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Lots of reports everyday if you know where and how to look  ::)
Tough out there as you have to be at a run before first light to have a good chance at a fish. I don't mind fishing behind others but when your the 12th guy to fish a run and its only 8am is pretty ridiculous
The funny thing was that the 4th 7th and 10th guy all landed a Steelhead before you the 12th guy came through. You don't want to know about the 13fh guy "that's the guy behind you" he landed 4 Steelhead in the run.
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A lovely day out, fished first light for the second time this steelhead season but to not avail, missed a fish of some sort though. Went for coffee with Lew and back out but nothing, lots of people out but did not see a fish hooked, heard of a couple in other parts of the river. I was around Lickman.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19