Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)  (Read 74010 times)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »

But swimming in the ocean is :D

Guess that depends on if your farming farmed "PACIFIC" salmon, or farmed "ATLANTIC" salmon there Annie  ;D ;D

Rock on Girl  ;) So far you's guys are getting whipped by this lady.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:17:54 PM by Bently »

AnnieP

« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »

Guess that depends on if your farming farmed "PACIFIC" salmon, or farmed "ATLANTIC" salmon there Annie  ;D ;D

That's why the Atlantics are in their cage  ;)  BTW there are a few Chinook in those cages too. A little more natural than some solid green fibreglass tank on land wouldn't you say ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:29:00 PM by AnnieP »

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »

That's why the Atlantics are in their cage  ;)  BTW there are a few Chinook in those cages too. A little more natural than some solid green fibreglass tank on land wouldn't you say ?

A imagine so Annie. :D

Like I said previously, if I had a choice, I would prefer the farms to be on land but after hearing from others on here, including yourself, the logistics as well as other reasons make it far from reality.

To be honest, being a commercial fisherman for the last 30 years I am very naive/ignorant to what the fish farming practices really are. I am in no way an expert on anything to do with any of it. I was hot collared as a commercial guy {along with many others} back in the 90's when we caught some escaped farm fish, thinking that our wild fish were doomed, but in reality we didn't know a bloody thing really, and since then have really not paid any attention to it at all.

One would think that what the general population puts into it's water ways and the over harvesting of fish is the biggest threat to any fish species that are taken for food but who am I, just a dumb ex fisherman I guess. That said I think I should leave it to you experts to continue in your debates.

Have a good one Annie, it's been cool reading your material so far, and BTW, I can't stand that hippy broad. If I hear another Alex Morton this or a Alex Morton that I think I'll puke. She's obviously just a hugger from the Broughtons who instead of going around causing a bunch of BS, should just be happy/grateful she has a serene way of living along with a beautiful place to call home. Maybe it's time we did some more Fife Sound Pollack fishing and really pi$$ her off. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:52:33 PM by Bently »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »

Doesn't take much to ridicule someone while hiding behind some user name. Man up and do it under your real name

Maybe someday when I start my own petition and my friends in the feedlot business give me an award for promoting their business, then I will use my real name. However until I earn that type of fame you can call me John Brown or what ever you like..

However most people on the forum probably recognize me better as alwaysfishn (or AF for short)....   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2012, 04:01:04 PM »

Like I said previously, if I had a choice, I would prefer the farms to be on land but after hearing from others on here, including yourself, the logistics as well as other reasons make it far from reality.

To be honest, being a commercial fisherman for the last 30 years I am very naive/ignorant to what the fish farming practices really are. I am in no way an expert on anything to do with any of it. I was hot collared as a commercial guy {along with many others} back in the 90's when we caught some escaped farm fish, thinking that our wild fish were doomed, but in reality we didn't know a bloody thing really, and since then have really not paid any attention to it at all.

One would think that what the general population puts into it's water ways and the over harvesting of fish is the biggest threat to any fish species that are taken for food but who am I, just a dumb ex fisherman I guess. That said I think I should leave it to you experts to continue in your debates.

Have a good one Annie, it's been cool reading your material so far, and BTW, I can't stand that hippy broad. If I hear another Alex Morton this or a Alex Morton that I think I'll puke. She's obviously just a hugger from the Broughtons who instead of going around causing a bunch of BS, should just be happy/grateful she has a serene way of living along with a beautiful place to call home. Maybe it's time we did some more Fife Sound Pollack fishing and really pi$$ her off. ;D ;D ;D

She seems to pick and choose what upsets her. Enbridge not a blink that her "Great Bear Rainforest" could be doomed but hey her uncle's an oil venture capitalist and Pew  Foundation founders of Sun Oil doles money to Tides Canada  and hence to Morton.

AnnieP

« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »

Maybe someday when I start my own petition and my friends in the feedlot business give me an award for promoting their business, then I will use my real name. However until I earn that type of fame you can call me John Brown or what ever you like..

However most people on the forum probably recognize me better as alwaysfishn (or AF for short)....   ;D

La La  La La La

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

NIce post Bently ;)  Seems to me you know more than a lot here..

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »

I enjoyed your post Bently.  Your not the first commercial fisherman I have met that dislikes Morton.  I am interested in why specifically you dislike her.

Im gonna quote AF from another thread and Forum where he's in favor of Enbridge, which really puzzles me as I think that Enbridge is far more important than this fish farm spectacle.
So heres the quote "You are obviously not willing to accept any risk, probably because you do not understand the benefits of developing a secondary market for our oil. Without an appreciation for the need to export the oil, I can understand your position."

Awesome!!!  AF so busted ;D ;D

Your so funny AF how you are now insisting everybody here stay on topic when it is you who for years has always been changing the topic.  But it's typical when a threat, sorry, I mean thread, isn't going your way its nice to just throw in some other fear mongering misinformation.   When is the PCB comment coming.  You haven't had that chat with annie yet.  But you've had it with us soooo many times.  Or is it dye.  Whats it going to be???  Or maybe your kinda stuck now that your insisting we stay on topic.

Great thread everyone though it's quite obvious that some here wish it would just "go away".

Bwahahahahaa. ;) ;)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:46:09 PM by aquapaloosa »
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »

That's if you call being dumb enough to respond to her and the gangs inane responces. Guilty as charged :)

But I'm actually getting both tired and somewhat embarrassed at being a participant, knowing that slope was slippery, of a rather bad thread on poor old Rod's site. If you get another award Annie, hopefully it's for something worthwhile. I'll let you have the last word because I didn't heeds Novabonkers words "don't feed the troll".  Maybe Bassonator can come with something notable, but I doubt it. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2012, 07:06:12 PM »

But I'm actually getting both tired and somewhat embarrassed at being a participant, knowing that slope was slippery

Sorry you're leaving tb.   Sure you can do that? ;D

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »

But I'm actually getting both tired and somewhat embarrassed at being a participant, knowing that slope was slippery, of a rather bad thread on poor old Rod's site. If you get another award Annie, hopefully it's for something worthwhile. I'll let you have the last word because I didn't heeds Novabonkers words "don't feed the troll".  Maybe Bassonator can come with something notable, but I doubt it. Undecided

Whats going on here???  That sounds like Absolon!!!
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

AnnieP

« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »

That's if you call being dumb enough to respond to her and the gangs inane responces. Guilty as charged :)

But I'm actually getting both tired and somewhat embarrassed at being a participant, knowing that slope was slippery, of a rather bad thread on poor old Rod's site. If you get another award Annie, hopefully it's for something worthwhile. I'll let you have the last word because I didn't heeds Novabonkers words "don't feed the troll".  Maybe Bassonator can come with something notable, but I doubt it. :-\

Like I said when they cannot respond with something worthwhile they resort to ridicule. And again if you and AF like to ridicule people you should man up and use your real names.  I take it your embarassment comes from the fact you twice put your foot in your mouth bigtime regarding me . ;D ;D ;D And I am very proud of that award thank you :)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2012, 09:12:01 PM »

TB please come back, your posts make me smile.... :) :) :) :).......see.
Take the T out of Morton.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »

take the b out of bassinator.

Wow that took a while eh Troutbreath... :D

Oh and you might wanna check the spelling, just a heads up..... :o :o :o... ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:24:01 PM by Bassonator »
Take the T out of Morton.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »

Wow..this thread just took off big time since I have been gone.  Nice to be back and see Annie still here giving her opponents hell.  I see Annie has got broken into AF's circular arguements.  Too much to comment on all at once, but after reading AF's comments on the sampling of information from farms it appears he does not understand.  First it is important to note the part he skips over:

“This represents all the major Atlantic salmon operations and many of the Pacific salmon operations. The five remaining facilities are smaller operations producing mainly Chinook salmon.”

Second, it is important to have the “actual report” to see what was done by the province if the province is being reference:
http://www.al.gov.bc.ca/ahc/fish_health/Fish_Health_Report_2009.pdf

Pay close attention to Page 7 and Page 9.  AF, if you are going to be critical of the way the province did it’s sampling of BC fish farms then you should become a little more familiar with it instead of just regurgitating the same old rhetoric time and time again.

Weighting is not an uncommon way to sample.  In this case, it makes more sense to concentrate on active farms than non-active farms or farms that have low contribution.  It was likely done because resources to conduct more detailed audits were limited, but you can always ask them.  In my opinion, it makes more sense to put limited resources where most of the fish are – not the smaller operations where there are either very few fish or no fish.  In all our best efforts, for any biological work, it is often not possible to get to every individual angler, fish or whatever…..and we do not have unlimited money and staff to do it.  That is why sampling is often required.  Do you think an angler census gets to every angler?  They try, but the odds are they will not.  That’s why they develop a sampling methodology to get the best information possible with what resources they have.  This type of weighted sampling is done for commercial fisheries, so it is not some unusual thing.  People need to stop listening to Morton about this because she is incorrect in her assessment.  I find it hilarious that Ms Morton would be critical of how the province conducted this sampling considering the very obvious flaws in her sampling lately. By the way, where are those latest lab results?  Maybe she is hiding something?  Works both ways.