Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)  (Read 74190 times)

AnnieP

Re: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »

That's if you call being dumb enough to respond to her and the gangs inane responces. Guilty as charged :)

But I'm actually getting both tired and somewhat embarrassed at being a participant, knowing that slope was slippery, of a rather bad thread on poor old Rod's site. If you get another award Annie, hopefully it's for something worthwhile. I'll let you have the last word because I didn't heeds Novabonkers words "don't feed the troll".  Maybe Bassonator can come with something notable, but I doubt it. :-\

If you get another award Annie, hopefully it's for something worthwhile...........................Since we are all sharing perhaps you can tell us what awards you've won recently  ?  ::) ::) ::)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »

If you get another award Annie, hopefully it's for something worthwhile...........................Since we are all sharing perhaps you can tell us what awards you've won recently  ?  ::) ::) ::)

;D ;D ;D

http://

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2012, 08:19:51 AM »

Wouldnt have expected anything less from you Nova, you always bring such insight to our discussions, oh and by the way if you look up the definition of internet troll, you seem to fit the bill to a tee, so think before you post.
Take the T out of Morton.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2012, 08:39:43 AM »

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

The above is a description of a troll.  If some here are having a emotional reaction it is their choice.  Annie is new here but I do not see much of a change in the discussion.  She may be fairly aggressive but I would say she is only matching the intensity put forth by those who appose her views and are doing so without posting information or links that appose her views.  According to the description of a troll I put above  nova's last post is a troll itself and serves no purpose or and is basically only a disruption to the discussion.  Its a pathetic choice of response IMO but expected from previous accounts.

Annie,  I never signed your petition for a couple of reasons.  First off, online petitions are just week in my opinion and second I didn't see the point in petitioning an act that is already illegal.  To me it seemed like petitioning to stop drinking and driving which is already really really bad anyways.  Now that I have met you and see that it was a sarcastic statement I better understand its purpose.  I did like it when I read it though.  I thought it was sweet, just not my bag, thats all.

Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2012, 08:52:11 AM »

AnnieP

« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

The above is a description of a troll.  If some here are having a emotional reaction it is their choice.  Annie is new here but I do not see much of a change in the discussion.  She may be fairly aggressive but I would say she is only matching the intensity put forth by those who appose her views and are doing so without posting information or links that appose her views.  According to the description of a troll I put above  nova's last post is a troll itself and serves no purpose or and is basically only a disruption to the discussion.  Its a pathetic choice of response IMO but expected from previous accounts.

Annie,  I never signed your petition for a couple of reasons.  First off, online petitions are just week in my opinion and second I didn't see the point in petitioning an act that is already illegal.  To me it seemed like petitioning to stop drinking and driving which is already really really bad anyways.  Now that I have met you and see that it was a sarcastic statement I better understand its purpose.  I did like it when I read it though.  I thought it was sweet, just not my bag, thats all.

I was well aware when I posted the petition it would serve no purpose as far as stopping Morton goes. What it did achieve though was to get the Morton bunch so cranked they immediately started slagging me in every venue they have giving me a lot of opportunities to respond.. The thing is when you poke them they get really silly and make some pretty ridiculous claims. In my opinion they made real fools of themselves and showed their true colours . One party went so far as to call me the c word which as far as I'm concerned just demonstrated royally the mentality of Morton supporters. I agree online petitions are a total waste of  time which is evident by the fact Cost-Co and Safeway are still selling farmed salmon in spite of Morton's petition claiming to have found diseased salmon in grocery stores. Funny thing though it was Super Store and some Chinese grocery store she originally claimed to have found diseased fish in so why Cost-Co and Safeway ?  I assume it's because they are bigger corporations and perhaps more high profile with bigger customer bases. They will probably continue to sell farmed salmon too because  there is a public demand for it and 12,000 signatures on some hippy petition is pretty irrelevant to big corps .  It also got Clan Chief Harold Sewid to make a public statement for the first time regarding FF in Kwakiutl territory that being the Broughton. That really p'd them off because Morton forever has her trusty servant Bob Chamberlain at her side claiming there is NO First Nations's support for FF in the Broughton. Truth is two chiefs from the area are actively involved in the industry and have been for several years. Bob Chamberlain does not represent the entire Broughton as far as FN's goes. That somewhat took the wind out of Morton's sails. I don't regret for a moment my sarcastic response to yet another stupid Morton crusade against FF. I'm quite used to the name calling and ridicule from the anti crowd and when they resort to it I only see it as a demonstration of their intelligence or perhaps lack of.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:13:25 AM by AnnieP »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »

In my opinion they made real fools of themselves and showed their true colours .

Hopefully you recognize that you did exactly the same thing when you published that silly petition Annie...   ???

My father once said "Always be careful when you point a finger at someone....  because you will have 3 fingers pointing back at you."
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »

Hopefully you recognize that you did exactly the same thing when you published that silly petition Annie...   ???

My father once said "Always be careful when you point a finger at someone....  because you will have 3 fingers pointing back at you."

Same could be said of Morton's petition. You still don't get the petition started as sarcasm regarding Morton's petition. That horse your beating is pretty well used up don't you think ?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »

Playing the victim card here doesn't wash. I feel bad about the c word thing, but it wasn't me, and I'm sorry you don't have a funnybone.For the most part, recreational anglers also are concern for the environment. Remember Stan "Two Fish " Hagan when he stood in front of the legislature and proclaimed that only 2 Atlantic salmon had ever escaped, or John Van Dongen forgiving fines and warning about inspections? All crap and cover up. That is a salient fact. Also, it's a salient fact that fish farms pollute, if it's from feces or chemical introduction, anti fouling agents, or any number of other things. Undeniable. Some of the sites are in poor positions. Simple fact. How much more protein does it take to farm a salmon by the time it hits the market? I could go on, but that's enough to make my point. The industry history in wiping out wild stocks elsewhere. Credibility issues abound.

Now first you start a petition as a "joke" and then come and post all sorts of links - that are written by the salmon farming industry and expect everyone to believe it's the gospel truth. The flat earth society could provide me with a trove of links too. Do you believe the earth is flat?You're selling ice in Inuvik in January. Or furnaces in Pheonix in July. You can argue with AF for the next decade, been there, done that. His head is as hard as mine. I don't comprehend what you expected- the red rug and flower petals littering your path?

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »

Same could be said of Morton's petition. You still don't get the petition started as sarcasm regarding Morton's petition. That horse your beating is pretty well used up don't you think ?

He obviously has nothing more to add to the topic that is relevant, thus the reason for him trying to attack your posts like he has of late {pathetic really}.

AF, I suggest you try and at least come up with some intelligent dialogue instead of blatantly being a "sore loser". Just cause one has different opinions and beliefs than others doesn't mean you have to lower your level like you have been lately. Grow some nads sonnyboy{that's what MY dad used to tell me}. ;)

Just saying, please don't take it too personal.  ;D

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »

Playing the victim card here doesn't wash. I feel bad about the c word thing, but it wasn't me, and I'm sorry you don't have a funnybone.For the most part, recreational anglers also are concern for the environment. Remember Stan "Two Fish " Hagan when he stood in front of the legislature and proclaimed that only 2 Atlantic salmon had ever escaped, or John Van Dongen forgiving fines and warning about inspections? All crap and cover up. That is a salient fact. Also, it's a salient fact that fish farms pollute, if it's from feces or chemical introduction, anti fouling agents, or any number of other things. Undeniable. Some of the sites are in poor positions. Simple fact. How much more protein does it take to farm a salmon by the time it hits the market? I could go on, but that's enough to make my point. The industry history in wiping out wild stocks elsewhere. Credibility issues abound.

Now first you start a petition as a "joke" and then come and post all sorts of links - that are written by the salmon farming industry and expect everyone to believe it's the gospel truth. The flat earth society could provide me with a trove of links too. Do you believe the earth is flat?You're selling ice in Inuvik in January. Or furnaces in Pheonix in July. You can argue with AF for the next decade, been there, done that. His head is as hard as mine. I don't comprehend what you expected- the red rug and flower petals littering your path?

And how is that any different than the posts AF and Chris post on here.....like I said before comprehend before you post.
Take the T out of Morton.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »

And how is that any different than the posts AF and Chris post on here.....like I said before comprehend before you post.

And how is that different than you and the posse's posts?  ???

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »

And how is that different than you and the posse's posts?  ???

Blah Blah Blah, this isn't worth the read anymore with this kinda BS, put up or shut up, all of ya. Oh sorry...please  ;D

TOPIC.....TOPIC.....TOPIC.....TOPIC.....!!!!!!!!

AnnieP

« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »

Sorry not playing the victim card. Fail to see how you perceive my comment about the c word that way. Just stating a fact. Real men don't need to insult a woman to feel like a man and only a real looser would call any woman such a name in a public forum. :o As for not having a sense of humour far from true.  Everyone of your little jokes has cracked me right up. I like someone  who can be quick on the draw . I certainly never entered a sports fishing forum with the idea a group of anglers would especially welcome a woman either. I was told by a friend there was a forum with three pages of comments about my petition so I stole a glance and decided it was necessary to clear up some obvious misconceptions. I have no problem if you share a different opinion we live in a democracy after all. What I do have a problem with is the continuous BS put out by Morton. Her impassioned letter to cermaq video on You-Tube is a hoot.  She no longer studies whales because there are none. Sure wouldn't know that by the number of videos my husband brings home of breaching whales  and enormous schools of dolphins. She no longer studies whales because they weren't financially lucrative like fish farm activism has proven to be.  As for being hardheaded you haven't clued in yet  that I am as well ?? ???
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:27:13 PM by AnnieP »

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »

Maybe  the appropriate petition now would be one to get Mrs. Morton to release the lab results from her latest claim.  Or a petition to make into law for NGO's making claims based on lab reports
 to actually show the lab report?   Seems like a no brainer to me for a "biologist" to behave in such a manor.  But this is not the case with Morton. ???

I may even sign it ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:33:25 PM by aquapaloosa »
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.