Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)  (Read 72855 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: Petition to restrain Alexandra Morton (gag order request)
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »

Maybe a the appropriate petition now would be one to get Mrs. Morton to release the lab results from her latest claim.  Or petition to make into law for NGO's making claims based on lab reports have to actually show the lab report?

I may even sign it ;D

X2
Take the T out of Morton.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »

Maybe  the appropriate petition now would be one to get Mrs. Morton to release the lab results from her latest claim.  Or a petition to make into law for NGO's making claims based on lab reports
 to actually show the lab report?   Seems like a no brainer to me for a "biologist" to behave in such a manor.  But this is not the case with Morton. ???

I may even sign it ;D

Great idea!  I'm sure Annie can help you put together the wording on a new petition.......    You'll probably want to tell us in advance that the petition is a joke, as it will save explaining that later..... :)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2012, 12:41:10 PM »

Great idea!  I'm sure Annie can help you put together the wording on a new petition.......    You'll probably want to tell us in advance that the petition is a joke, as it will save explaining that later..... :)

Hey your the one that thought it warranted being put in a sportie forum remember ?

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »

Maybe  the appropriate petition now would be one to get Mrs. Morton to release the lab results from her latest claim.  Or a petition to make into law for NGO's making claims based on lab reports
 to actually show the lab report?   Seems like a no brainer to me for a "biologist" to behave in such a manor.  But this is not the case with Morton. ???

I may even sign it ;D

Great idea, but I would think that the ol' hippy already has the "LIE" she'll come up with to answer that one, hehe, probably got it plasticized and behind a maple leafs fridge magnet already. ;D

AnnieP

« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »

Great idea, but I would think that the ol' hippy already has the "LIE" she'll come up with to answer that one, hehe, probably got it plasticized and behind a maple leafs fridge magnet already. ;D

She keeps saying Dr Fred Kibenge at the OIE lab is doing her testing but the OIE website doesn't confirm any of the tests she alleges she had done. Further to that half the diseases she is claiming to have found aren't OIE lab reportable diseases so why are they wasting their time doing testing for her ? As one of two world recognized labs don't they have better things to do than cater to some activist intent on destroying BC Salmon industries ? . And before I get jumped on for that please check the OIE website and look at the drop down list. Her and Routledges latest claim to fame isn't even on the list  :o :o :o-http://web.oie.int/wahis/public.php?page=disease_immediate_summary&disease_type=Aquatic&disease_id=160
 Earlier this year Routledge was hailed as a SFU statastician now he's a " Fish Population Expert " ??? ??? ??? ??? Seems like Morton he changes his credentials at will.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

Earlier this year Routledge was hailed as a SFU statastician now he's a " Fish Population Expert " ??? ??? ??? ??? Seems like Morton he changes his credentials at will.

That's hilarious, it's as funny as Morton being called a "scientist"  ::) ::) ::)

Grandfather ticket, Smandfather ticket  ::) ::) ::) I find absolutely nothing "honorable" in this. I've done many things in life and am pretty damn good at some, but I still had to go through the rigamarole to get the proper credentials for the ones I wanted the most.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:05:46 PM by Bently »

AnnieP

« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »

That's hilarious, it's as funny as Morton being called a "scientist"  ::) ::) ::)

Grandfather ticket, Smandfather ticket  ::) ::) ::) I find absolutely nothing "honorable" in this. I've done many things in life and am pretty damn good at some, but I still had to go through the rigamarole to get the proper credentials for the ones I wanted the most.

"We found it because we looked. It's as simple as that. I think it's really serious and sometimes I feel desperate that the province isn't taking this more seriously, and the federal government. They should be," Routledge stated.
They found it because they looked. :-\ Question is why were they looking for something that a fish  disease expert  says has no connection to disease anyway ?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2012, 01:37:58 PM »

Question is why were they looking for something that a fish  disease expert  says has no connection to disease anyway ?

Reminds me of what the tobacco company experts were saying when it was suggested that their product was causing cancer.   ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

AnnieP

« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »

Reminds me of what the tobacco company experts were saying when it was suggested that their product was causing cancer.   ::)

Getty up horsey.............. ::) You can't even tell people today when their own family members are dying of cancer from smoking that it kills you !! I once saw a guy with an oxygen bottle set up sitting at a flea market smoking a cigarette while he had tubes up his nose  inhaling oxy from a carted bottle . Cigarettes caused his health problem but he'd rather risk an explosion than give em up.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »

Yeah I hear ya there took a heart attack in March to get me to quit. 4 mnths smoke free.
Take the T out of Morton.

AnnieP

« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »

http://people.stat.sfu.ca/~routledg/  Routledge's credentials according to SFU.......... Guess the" Fish Population Expert" is a new title recently invented to make it appear he knows what he is talking about. Researching the cause of the demise of Rivers Inlet salmon.  I thought most people with any connection to salmon already knew the cause. Bad logging practises and over fishing. Routledge is 25-40 years late for this study.