Mill Lake Fly Fishing Competition
Posted on August 31st 2012, by Rodney Hsu, webmaster
Todd Oishi from Fly Fishing Canada will be hosting the fifth Lower Mainland loch-style fly fishing competition at Mill Lake in Abbotsford on Sunday October 14th, 2012. This competition, as well as the rest of the Summer Series, allows participants an unique opportunity to participate in a series of friendly-spirited competitions, and to learn more about stillwater fishing in general. This also provides an excellent opportunity for meeting other fly fishers and members of our angling communities.
- Max # of Entrants: 30
- FIPS-Mouche Rules
- Entry Fees/Payouts: None
- Eligible fish species: Rainbow Trout and Cutthroat Trout
- Minimum length for scoring points: 18cm
- Number of sessions: 2 Sessions.
- Time Period for each session: 3 hours.
- Number of competitors per Team: 2 competitors (Individual Competitors will be paired up)
- No-Fish-Period: comp water no-fish policy will be in affect starting Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:00am.
- Style of fishing: Loch-style fly fishing (Casting and retrieveing your flies ahead of a freely drifting boat)
- The use of electric motors is permitted for moving about the lake (trolling is not permitted).
- Flies must be out of the water when the boat is under power (rowing or motoring).
Schedule of Events:
- Boats go in the water around 8:00am
- Competitors' Meeting: 8:45am
- Session 1: 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Lunch Break: 12:00pm - 1:00pm. The Youth Team members will be serving a hot dog and burger lunch, as a part of their fundraising projects, so please bring along some cash to help support their cause.
- Session 2: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Please mark this event on your calendar and email Todd Oishi at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you're able to attend. Please send Todd your full name, phone number and email address in order to complete your registration for this event. Todd really wants to encourage newcomers and fly fishers of all skill levels to come out and see what it's all about. For updates of this competition, please go to this page in our discussion forum.