Mill Lake Loch-Style Fly Fishing Competition, Abbotsford, British Columbia β Sunday, October 14, 2012 Competition Water:
Mill Lake near Abbotsford, British Columbia Details:
1. Max # of Entrants: 30
2. FIPS-Mouche Rules
3. Entry Fees/Payouts: None
4. Eligible fish species: Rainbow Trout and Cutthroat Trout
5. Minimum length for scoring points: 18cm.
6. Number of sessions: 2 Sessions.
7. Time Period for each session: 3 hours.
8. Number of competitors per Team: 2 competitors (Individual Competitors will be paired up).
9. No-Fish-Period: comp water no-fish policy will be in affect starting Monday, October 8, 2012 at 8:00am.
10. Style of fishing: Loch-style fly fishing (Casting and retrieveing your flies ahead of a freely drifting boat)
11. The use of electric motors is permitted for moving about the lake (trolling is not permitted).
12. Flies must be out of the water when the boat is under power (rowing or motoring).Schedule of Events:
Boats go in the water around 8:00 am
Competitorsβ Meeting: 8:45 am
Session 1: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Lunch Break: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm The Youth Team members will be serving a hot dog and burger lunch, as a part of their fundraising projects, so please bring along some cash to help support their cause.
Session 2: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This competition, as well as the rest of the "Summer Series", allows participants a unique opportunity to participate in a series of fun and friendly-spirited competitions, and to observe how other fly fishers approach stillwater fishing. These competitions also help to expose you to local fisheries that you might otherwise overlook and fail to see their potential as anging and recreational destinations.
Please mark this event on your calendar and respond here or email Todd Oishi at: firstname.lastname@example.org
to confirm that you're able to attend. Please send me your full name, phone number and email address in order to complete your registration for this event. I really want to encourage newcomers and fly fishers of all skill levels to come out and see what it's all about.
Please keep in mind that it costs absolutely nothing to enter, so you've got absolutely nothing to lose...