Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pipeline Bar - private property  (Read 29332 times)

penn

Pipeline Bar - private property
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »

Some friends and I took a trip out to the pipeline bar , to find large NO TRESPASSING signs posted at the trail entry at the lower end . We did happen to speak to those who posted those signs , a young First Nations couple , who do own the land the trail passes through . It is in fact their private property , as it turns out . They live a short distance from the trail and have tired of picking up all the garbage left (also people cr***ing along side the trail ) and decided to close it off for public use . There have been issues with people knocking down the barriers they have put up and they are on the trail stopping people from crossing . They are getting the police involved and the situation will escalate if their wishes are not respected . So be advised of the situation and please keep off their property , it is all private property in the area and they are with in their rights to keep  people out. They told us if people left no garbage and such behind , they would not be doing this . If you or your friends are considering heading out there be aware ahead of this time . If you are going out to one of the other areas  , take your garbage out with you before you maybe offend some of the other bands who may take action after they tire of cleaning up after the public too , in other spots where you take access for granted . Thanks .

BNF861

• Old Timer
Re: Pipeline Bar - private property
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »

I don't fish there, but another example of a few people ruining access for the rest.

Whether it is people fishing, camping, or just hanging out somewhere, I would assume most people are doing so to enjoy the outdoors. So why make a mess of it?

Pack it in, pack it out. It truly is that simple.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »

Pack it in, pack it out. It truly is that simple.

X2

People who leave their garbage behind are garbage themselves.
I wish they could be disposed of, too.  >:(

dcajaxs

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:54:31 PM »

a few ruin it for the rest. generally and then the rest end up paying for the few. 

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 04:26:55 PM »

I admit im guilty of littering once in awhile however its not on purpose and only when steelheading does it happen. Its always my Timmies cup !! I set it down when I start to work a run, thinking I have put it in a spot where I can easily see it later on, unfortunately what usually happens is I cant find the damn thing on my walk out, even with myself and whoever im fishing with  :o this doesn't happen but a couple times a season but I think about it the rest of the day and how I could have not seen it, of course im also thinking about that half cup of coffee I didn't get to finish. Wish my waist pack had a cup holder LoL

I do not litter anything on purpose and will not let people im with do it either.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »

So it was YOUR half full coffee cup of Tim's I have bumped into a couple of times on the mid river.  :o
I always wondered who is the dude that would leave his coffee so neatly placed on the beach.
No sweat, I emptied it and packed the cup out for you  -  maybe that's why you couldn't find it sometimes.  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »

I admit im guilty of littering once in awhile however its not on purpose and only when steelheading does it happen. Its always my Timmies cup !! I set it down when I start to work a run, thinking I have put it in a spot where I can easily see it later on, unfortunately what usually happens is I cant find the damn thing on my walk out, even with myself and whoever im fishing with  :o this doesn't happen but a couple times a season but I think about it the rest of the day and how I could have not seen it, of course im also thinking about that half cup of coffee I didn't get to finish. Wish my waist pack had a cup holder LoL

I do not litter anything on purpose and will not let people im with do it either.
You had me when you admitted to littering!  Anyway, we've decided to exonerate you and your sin ...  if you attend the next cleanup ;)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 01:07:22 AM »

This was posted on another forum:

I live just outside of hope on the #7 hwy and my family and I own 69 acres of land, 8 of that is right on the river. Last year during fishing season we politely asked all the fisherman to just clean up after themselves. Well that never happened. So this year we are kindly asking all you fisherman to stay off of our property and stop cutting your trail through it. We are sick and tired of cleaning up truck loads of garbage out of our land after fishing season is over. Not to mention the destruction of our gates and trees. I would like be able to walk through to the river without worrying about stepping in human feces and glass.

We are concerned for the safety of our dog who has come back numerous times with fish hooks in his feet and rotting food in his mouth.

The few have ruined it for the many. The police have been contacted and will now be doing regular patrols of the area so if you are illegally entering our property or crossing the rail road tracks expect a fine for doing so.

You have now been warned.

Thanks to those who have talked to us and apologized for trespassing.
A rig out of water catches no fish.

samw

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »

Is this a different bar than the one that the OP is talking about?  Here is Pipeline Bar.

http://www.sharphooks.com/tripplanner.aspx?subpage=directions&lake=fraser+-+pipeline+bar&lakeid=222

This was posted on another forum:

I live just outside of hope on the #7 hwy and my family and I own 69 acres of land, 8 of that is right on the river. Last year during fishing season we politely asked all the fisherman to just clean up after themselves. Well that never happened. So this year we are kindly asking all you fisherman to stay off of our property and stop cutting your trail through it. We are sick and tired of cleaning up truck loads of garbage out of our land after fishing season is over. Not to mention the destruction of our gates and trees. I would like be able to walk through to the river without worrying about stepping in human feces and glass.

We are concerned for the safety of our dog who has come back numerous times with fish hooks in his feet and rotting food in his mouth.

The few have ruined it for the many. The police have been contacted and will now be doing regular patrols of the area so if you are illegally entering our property or crossing the rail road tracks expect a fine for doing so.

You have now been warned.

Thanks to those who have talked to us and apologized for trespassing.

Kenwee

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:17:46 AM »

Soon all the bars will be closed and they who litter will only be able to litter their own homes. No more fishing on the Fraser, hurray!!!

hardlip

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 07:46:59 AM »

No more fishing on the fraser probably would'nt be such a bad thing anyways

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:47 AM »

Is this a different bar than the one that the OP is talking about?  Here is Pipeline Bar.

http://www.sharphooks.com/tripplanner.aspx?subpage=directions&lake=fraser+-+pipeline+bar&lakeid=222

the bar across the river on the north shore is often called the Bible Camp. Back in 2010 the Pipeline bar had access from the west end when the property was unoccupied. I haven't been there since. Most of the access on the north shore east from Agassiz to Hope has been cutoff due to property and parking issues. It's a shame but no one is to blame other than the greedy slobs who made such a mess of things and then think it's funny (I've been laughed at for gathering a bag or 2 of garbage and hauling it out). We live in a society of yahoos. Most drug dealers have better manners than your average casual angler.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

glog

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 08:43:53 AM »

I too saw the signs.

However one thing I have noticed is that the low water area is not private property or part of the reservation. on the mineral titles map there is a clear strip between the reservation and the actual river of crown land that runs right down the river.

Second the reservation ends on the west side of the truck pullout I make it 100 meters, access to the bar should be fine from there.

Maybe the real reason for closing this off is to prevent the reporting of the illegal drift net fishing that I and others have reported over the years that occurs just below Pipeline bar and is clearly visible from that bar.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »

nice one Milo and yes it could very well have been mine however I don't fish mid river much with the spey rod these days. I usually try and place my cup on top of a large rock or something to make it even easier to find. I swear to god sometimes a person has taken my cup before I went back for it which is all fine and good even though I was looking forward to drinking it still. I have also found my share of other's cups still partly full or completely empty and packed them out. the ones that really piss me off are the cups floating down the river past us !! I always think to myself "hope he fell in and that's why im seeing this!"

Dave - I am man enough to admit when I do wrong, it doesn't happen often but it does happen. I wont flame a guy for leaving his stuff behind if I can tell it wasn't intentional. I have found backpacks, waist packs, tackle boxes and even a fishing rod/reel along the river over the years and not a soul in sight. Also hooked a rod setup out of the canal one day that still had a very fresh whitey on the other end LoL never did see a guy/gal come looking for it though (rod was busted in many places)

Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »

Hook, I'm sure you know my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I said that :)