Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pipeline Bar - private property  (Read 29338 times)

penn

Re: Pipeline Bar - private property
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »

Is this a different bar than the one that the OP is talking about?  Here is Pipeline Bar.

http://www.sharphooks.com/tripplanner.aspx?subpage=directions&lake=fraser+-+pipeline+bar&lakeid=222
The bar I was refering to is the one on the north side of the river , just slightly downstream from that spot shown on your map .

glog

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 09:12:15 AM »

One other point they talk about truck loads of garbage etc.  In all the years of going to pipeline and walking that trail, I have never seen any of the following

1. Natives picking up garbage but any amount never mind truck loads
2. Large amounts of garbage (truck loads) along the trail anyway

I have seen myself and fellow fisherman cleaning up the bar packing out a lot of the fishing line etc so that at then end of the season the bar is mostly clean.  You are right there are a lot of idiots out there but there are also a lot of good folks.
A couple of years ago I met the guy that owned the land , he stopped me and asked me what I thought of the idea of putting in a campground and road access and wanted to know fi I would pay to stay there, I said that would be good. I asked him about the trail, and he said he had no problems with using it as he said they had access further down the river.

The two young ones are problem related, as this guys was older and wiser. The amount of garbage has not changed.

I suspect there is a lot more to this move other than about the so called garbage. That's just an excuse.

Probably time to get a boat.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »

I admit im guilty of littering once in awhile however its not on purpose and only when steelheading does it happen. Its always my Timmies cup !! I set it down when I start to work a run, thinking I have put it in a spot where I can easily see it later on, unfortunately what usually happens is I cant find the damn thing on my walk out, even with myself and whoever im fishing with  :o this doesn't happen but a couple times a season but I think about it the rest of the day and how I could have not seen it, of course im also thinking about that half cup of coffee I didn't get to finish. Wish my waist pack had a cup holder LoL

I do not litter anything on purpose and will not let people im with do it either.

So you're the dude that left the Timmies cup on the Vedder, Squamish, Capilano, and Chehalis Rivers. You get around ;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »

Maybe the real reason for closing this off is to prevent the reporting of the illegal drift net fishing that I and others have reported over the years that occurs just below Pipeline bar and is clearly visible from that bar.

doubtful. DFO patrols that part of the river pretty much daily by helicopter and there is a lot of boat traffic so there are other opportunities to observe and report netting. Besides there isn't much netting along those bars.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »

I too saw the signs.

However one thing I have noticed is that the low water area is not private property or part of the reservation. on the mineral titles map there is a clear strip between the reservation and the actual river of crown land that runs right down the river.

Second the reservation ends on the west side of the truck pullout I make it 100 meters, access to the bar should be fine from there.

Maybe the real reason for closing this off is to prevent the reporting of the illegal drift net fishing that I and others have reported over the years that occurs just below Pipeline bar and is clearly visible from that bar.

Typical defense from a flosser. ::)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »

I bet money that some smarta** would try to turn this garbage debate into a flossing debate before noon today.
I won. Thanks big fish. :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:36:19 PM by milo »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »

HA HA Dave, im not too worried about it and I was playing along. Its all in good fun anyhow isn't it ?

FA - I do not fish the Capilano and barely fish the Chehalis (only a couple times a season for coho)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:53:50 AM by HOOK »
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

tim3500

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 11:48:39 AM »

I had a quick read of this and don't find the need to banter about the issue . I respect the request of legit property owners and think others should do the same out of respect if for nothing else . As for using the river and its bars be part of the solution not the problem how hard is it to take a garbage bag with you and if you crap in the bush burry it !

penn

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »

Start your own thread instead of trying to hijack this one .

penn

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »

I had a quick read of this and don't find the need to banter about the issue . I respect the request of legit property owners and think others should do the same out of respect if for nothing else . As for using the river and its bars be part of the solution not the problem how hard is it to take a garbage bag with you and if you crap in the bush burry it !
I agree .

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Is this bar the same as the one normally called 'Snaggy Bar'? If this is, and they block the lower trail, then it will be a long walk from the upper section near the pipeline and it is impossible to do so at high water. If people cannot fish Snaggy Bar, then they will crowd up Scale Bar and Seabird even more. Perhaps the native owner can charge a user fee, say $5 per head to fish it. He can easily get hundreds of dollar per day if Sockeye opens or during weekend.  ;)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »

Do you remember the guys name that wanted to put in a campground?

Kenwee

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »

Does anyone know the owner of the land and his contact information. I would like to meet him and make him a business proposal, which may induce him to open the trail for fishing.

penn

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »

Is this bar the same as the one normally called 'Snaggy Bar'? If this is, and they block the lower trail, then it will be a long walk from the upper section near the pipeline and it is impossible to do so at high water. If people cannot fish Snaggy Bar, then they will crowd up Scale Bar and Seabird even more. Perhaps the native owner can charge a user fee, say $5 per head to fish it. He can easily get hundreds of dollar per day if Sockeye opens or during weekend.  ;)
Yes .

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »

Kenwee sent you a PM please call,