Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pipeline Bar - private property  (Read 29367 times)

samw

Re: Pipeline Bar - private property
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 01:00:44 AM »

The bar I was refering to is the one on the north side of the river , just slightly downstream from that spot shown on your map .

Thanks.  Ah.  Got it.  North side.  Some people know it as Chawathil Bar.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »

So are we talking Snaggy Bar being closed or Chawathil Bar? I have never been to Chawathil Bar.  Snaggy Bar doesn't seem to have a house and driveway and people park on Hwy7 by the roadside. I am a bit confused.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »

I just signed up with this site so here is what we posted on another site.

we are truly tired of the garbage, the excrament on the trail, and on one occasion a fisherman parked in front of our gate blocking access to our driveway. It was very frustrating having to walk down to the river repeatedly asking who's truck it was just so I could get into my driveway. One other issue is the train if people would have the common sense to stand way clear of the tracks till the train passes it wouldn't sound it's horn at 5 am. We posted this to make u aware of our concerns and why we gated and closed the trail.
We on several occasion last year came down to the river voiced our concerns and made it clear if something wasn't done we would close the trail. Some of you. Not all of you ignored or failed to pass this message along.

We would also like to say our property is not the only one affected. There are other members that own land on the trail and they are just as unpleased as we are with the mess.

We appreciate the ones that show compassion and understanding in this matter and we are brainstorming amungst ourselves to find a solution to try keep everybody happy.
This isn't a financially motivated play as we both work very hard and have no need to take a fee to cross.

Here are some ideas that we have come up with:

Dig and build proper outhouses, place garbage barrels for fishing line only i will empty these as we do have access with our truck this means if line is seen please pick it up even if its not yours. food waste and emptys would still have to be packed out as the bears will upset any litter barrel containing food. Please don't suggest conservation dealing with bears as we believe they are welcome to this area before anyone else.
When parking do not park in any driveway or road access I matter how little it looks used.
We are not giving permission to cross its private railway property but When crossing the tracks stand back at the road or in the trail so there is no reason for the train to sound it's horn in the early morn.
We are not giving permission at this time but these are some ideas we have.
As well we ask u do not venture right where the trail turns left as it is a sacred area. If this area is occupied by persons other than Band members it be delt with immediately and closed indefeanetly.

These are ideas and can be built upon. But as well doesn't guarentee this will be opened so untill there is a satisfactory solution this will remain inaccessible.

We have talked to many of you and everyone claims to take home their garbage but obviously it's not enough so maybe if everyone picks up the garbage they see it will solve a majority of the issues.

Hopfully we can come to an agreeable solution and the private property no trespassing signs will read private property please respect it. Thanks
Thanx for this. You need not explain yourself. Keep it closed. There is always going to be A-holes around who will disrespect your property. Seen it many times in the past, property owners tires of the BS, close off access to to popular fishing spots.I personally don't blame you one bit. You can build out houses and put up garbage barrels,but guess what? There will still be those who will not use them. I was on the rotary trail recently and was appalled at the amount of garbage along the river bank at Peach rd. There was a garbage barrel 20 ft away. I spent a few minutes picking up the tims cups,pop cans,fishing line,empty worm containers,etc and threw it in the barrel... >:(

Magz

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »

So are we talking Snaggy Bar being closed or Chawathil Bar? I have never been to Chawathil Bar.  Snaggy Bar doesn't seem to have a house and driveway and people park on Hwy7 by the roadside. I am a bit confused.
yes it is snaggy bar. my friends where also talking to the young native guy when he put the gate up.

samw

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »

I don't know what Snaggy bar is but probably the same thing as there are multiple names people will use for the same locations.  Here's Chawathil bar which I know from the books that I've read. 

http://www.sharphooks.com/tripplanner.aspx?subpage=lakeinfo&lake=fraser+-+chawathil+bar&lakeid=223

From the descriptions, it sounds like this is the one.  There's an undocumented trail leading to this bar which we understand now goes through private property (while I'm sure some were already aware of it but not everyone).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:31:53 PM by samw »

cabro

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »

I just signed up with this site so here is what we posted on another site.

we are truly tired of the garbage, the excrament on the trail, and on one occasion a fisherman parked in front of our gate blocking access to our driveway. It was very frustrating having to walk down to the river repeatedly asking who's truck it was just so I could get into my driveway. One other issue is the train if people would have the common sense to stand way clear of the tracks till the train passes it wouldn't sound it's horn at 5 am. We posted this to make u aware of our concerns and why we gated and closed the trail.
We on several occasion last year came down to the river voiced our concerns and made it clear if something wasn't done we would close the trail. Some of you. Not all of you ignored or failed to pass this message along.

We would also like to say our property is not the only one affected. There are other members that own land on the trail and they are just as unpleased as we are with the mess.

We appreciate the ones that show compassion and understanding in this matter and we are brainstorming amungst ourselves to find a solution to try keep everybody happy.
This isn't a financially motivated play as we both work very hard and have no need to take a fee to cross.

Here are some ideas that we have come up with:

Dig and build proper outhouses, place garbage barrels for fishing line only i will empty these as we do have access with our truck this means if line is seen please pick it up even if its not yours. food waste and emptys would still have to be packed out as the bears will upset any litter barrel containing food. Please don't suggest conservation dealing with bears as we believe they are welcome to this area before anyone else.
When parking do not park in any driveway or road access I matter how little it looks used.
We are not giving permission to cross its private railway property but When crossing the tracks stand back at the road or in the trail so there is no reason for the train to sound it's horn in the early morn.
We are not giving permission at this time but these are some ideas we have.
As well we ask u do not venture right where the trail turns left as it is a sacred area. If this area is occupied by persons other than Band members it be delt with immediately and closed indefeanetly.

These are ideas and can be built upon. But as well doesn't guarentee this will be opened so untill there is a satisfactory solution this will remain inaccessible.

We have talked to many of you and everyone claims to take home their garbage but obviously it's not enough so maybe if everyone picks up the garbage they see it will solve a majority of the issues.

Hopfully we can come to an agreeable solution and the private property no trespassing signs will read private property please respect it. Thanks

Just going to throw an idea out there. :)

I think it would be a great to schedule a cleanup day (maybe a yearly or semi-yearly event) for this area and see how many people would be willing to come out. We could create membership/access cards and the property owner would sign them basically giving said individual(s) authorization to access the site and then they would be handed out to the people who came out to do the clean up (I would be willing to cover the costs to create these cards for everyone that shows up). We could also chip in and buy a few garbage cans for non-food waste.

I would recommend to leave the "Private Property No Trespassing" sign up to stop people who are not "authorized" to access the site. I think this would go a long way to keeping the area pristine.

trot

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »

The access card to bottom bounce is just crazy and would not work lol best believe if a pile of select meat heads are parked and flossing 100 other vehicles will stop and head in.What next, have an armed guard checking your access cards and keeping the rest out? Give me a break, whats happened to civilization the last 10 years......

Sage2106

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »

The access card to bottom bounce is just crazy and would not work lol best believe if a pile of select meat heads are parked and flossing 100 other vehicles will stop and head in.What next, have an armed guard checking your access cards and keeping the rest out? Give me a break, whats happened to civilization the last 10 years......
Flossing started......

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »

If I were the property owners I would just leave it closed to the public. Keep all the garbage in fewer places. I'd like to see the flossers do a clean up of lets say scale bar.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

cabro

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »

Who's talking about an access card to bottom bounce? The property owner posted in this thread regarding people leaving garbage behind and blocking the gate and asked for us to brainstorm possible solutions.

I'm not one to let the losers keep ruining something I love doing.  ;)

PS, I despise flossers as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:48:49 PM by cabro »

Kenwee

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »

Let us all who have fished there organize a day to clean up the place. That is the only decent thing to do. The owner has been most accommodating and kind to our needs and we should clean up the place regardless of whether the trail is going to be opened or not. We should start the ball rolling here.

Perhaps this action will make people who litter think about the wrong they have done and correct themselves.

Let's make the world a better place for all.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:02:28 PM by Kenwee »

Ian Forbes

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »

Slobs have always been the reason for land owners closing off access. It's just that First Nations didn't patrol their land at one time, and now they do because they have more backing from the government.

However, I've always been amazed at how our municipalities have not valued the money that anglers bring into the community. If you go south of the border you will find many well organized boat launch sites on most bigger rivers. And, even the smaller rivers have cement launch sites and flush toilets. That is not the case in British Columbia. Most of the few access points that we actually do have are small and very rough. The Fraser is a HUGE river and yet there are only a handful of boat launches on its entire length. There are NO proper boat launch sites on ANY river on Vancouver Island. The two fishing communities of Uclulet and Tofino only have ONE very small boat launch site each... and no public parking. The Stamp river has only two boat launch sites and both are small, rough and far apart. The Cowichan River has none, and the one egress point at the brink of Skutz Falls to take out rafts is VERY dangerous in medium to high water. I can rave on and on about this situation but the municipalities don't care. Even our Provincial and Canadian Parks departments don't seem to want anglers anywhere near our waterways.

glog

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2013, 07:21:02 AM »

excellent point.

You are correct US is much more pro-active in these.

Snake and Columbia are huge rivers and all have access points with outhouses, garbage cans etc.
And they clean them up.

In a lot of cases access points have been separated from the private land to allow river access.

Considering the money involved and benefits it could be a way to go. Maybe even add an extra $10 to the fishing license system to pay for it, providing the money went to this enhancement not into other things.

Drewhill

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »

I'd rather just put my garbage in my buddy's vest when he's not looking. That way there's no garbage left behind and I don't need to carry it out. It's win-win  ;D

Kenwee

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2013, 03:28:36 PM »

Today, at about 8.30am a silver grey Toyota RAV 4 was parked by the side of the road in front of the trail. The owner showed total and utter disrespect
that the property is private and the request for use of the trail is not allowed.2 persons of Asian origin walked into the trail to the bar.

If there is a sign reading Private Property, NO Trespassers, please show respect and do not use the trail . It is PRIVATE PROPERTY you could be charge for trespassing if the police are called.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:34:23 PM by Rodney »