Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder  (Read 39835 times)

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
Re: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »

http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/Hooked+catching+tire+slasher/5542507/story.html

Uh oh.....the war on drugs to the war on poverty....then comes the war on terror and now war on tire slashers!

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »

It certainly reflects badly on the reputation of Chilliwack and Canada in general. It may only be one or two low-lifes that are doing this but its the community in general that takes the biggest hit. I have a sister that married an american and in my travels to their lovely country I have met almost always people not much different than my Canadian friends here. Honest, friendly, compassionate and caring and I have always been treated well as a visiting Canadian.

All I can say is I hope someone catches the person or people that are doing this and they are punished to the full extent of the law. Yeah, yeah, I know. A couple slaps on the butt and away they go, free to terrorize again. Oh well, it is what it is. I do hope that they are fully outed and identified and maybe a little public shaming would do them a world of good.

To all Americans reading FWR, I extend a full welcome to our lovely country to all of you and apologize for the very few who display cowardice, weakness and hate.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

No matter what the USA has done in the last few years resulting in "hatred", its stupid to go slash someone's tires, there is a reason why when you travel around the world and tell someone your Canadian, people usually have a very positive image. Lets catch these criminals so we can live up to our reputation!

Dogbreath

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »

To all Americans reading FWR, I extend a full welcome to our lovely country to all of you and apologize for the very few who display cowardice, weakness and hate.
Me too!

Carl Z
Vancouver BC

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »

At the FVSS meeting tonight we were told a meeting is going to be held shortly with the mayor of Chilliwack, RCMP and others to attempt to deal with this, the FVSS will attend and has commirtted some dollars if needed to deal with this isuue.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »

some it seems need to do some research on the events leading up too, during and the imediate post WW2.

No need if you paid attention to History classes from grade school on....but then again, it depends whether you went to school in the States or not...they seem to think WW2 started after Pearl Harbour.
Ask them about the Treaty of Versailles and the invasion of Poland and they'll look at you like you're from some distant planet.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 12:37:54 AM »

It certainly reflects badly on the reputation of Chilliwack and Canada in general.   

I don't know if I'd go as far as the reputation of CANADA, but definitely Chilliwack...No different from Vancouver's rep when it comes to the Cup finals.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 10:38:53 AM »

I don't know if I'd go as far as the reputation of CANADA, but definitely Chilliwack...No different from Vancouver's rep when it comes to the Cup finals.

that is true...Chilliwack can't represent entire Canada or British Columbia. And a lot of people who rioted in Vancouver were not local, a lot from Surrey, Abottsford, etc. Guess some people did not care about the city since they weren't local and had to ruin it for the ones who were.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »

It certainly reflects badly on the reputation of Chilliwack and Canada in general. It may only be one or two low-lifes that are doing this but its the community in general that takes the biggest hit. I have a sister that married an american and in my travels to their lovely country I have met almost always people not much different than my Canadian friends here. Honest, friendly, compassionate and caring and I have always been treated well as a visiting Canadian.

All I can say is I hope someone catches the person or people that are doing this and they are punished to the full extent of the law. Yeah, yeah, I know. A couple slaps on the butt and away they go, free to terrorize again. Oh well, it is what it is. I do hope that they are fully outed and identified and maybe a little public shaming would do them a world of good.

If our legal system let this go free without much punishment, perhaps the Americans can collectively bring a class action suit to this/these criminal(s) if ever caught, to make sure he/they pay for all the damages and emotional hurt. If a burned tongue from hot coffee of Mcdonald can bring in million dollars of law suit, the American folks can make sure this/these guy(s) will go broke for life.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:40:30 AM by liketofish »

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »

Wouldn't need a class action lawsuit (very difficult to setup) but just the legal fees to fight 50 or so claims would clean him out.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »

At the FVSS meeting tonight we were told a meeting is going to be held shortly with the mayor of Chilliwack, RCMP and others to attempt to deal with this, the FVSS will attend and has commirtted some dollars if needed to deal with this isuue.

Well I hope they discussed the general increase in theft and vandalism in that area and not just this incident as extreme as it is.

All the backroads from Abbotsford to Hope give me the heebie jeebies.  :-\

Unfortunately Mr T. Slashers message probably worked and many of the victims will not be back in the future.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »

Well I hope they discussed the general increase in theft and vandalism in that area and not just this incident as extreme as it is.

All the backroads from Abbotsford to Hope give me the heebie jeebies.  :-\

Unfortunately Mr T. Slashers message probably worked and many of the victims will not be back in the future.
Yes I hope so, I plan to go when the meeting is called if I am not out of town. Actually it should be an open meeting for all interested to attend.

fletcher

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »

I'm from Bellingham and have had to put up with this sort of crap more than once,  I've really questioned if it's worth coming up your way, exactly what this low life is hoping for.  First time just simple break in,  broke my window and stole about five bucks worth of stuff.  Second time about four years ago came back to load the boat and all four tires slashed plus hood of car keyed,  nothing taken.  Next time got one tire slashed and rear quarter panel keyed,  felt lucky they didn't slash two tires since I only carry one spare.  Next time about two years ago,  one trailer tire slashed.   This year I decided NOT to buy a license.  So with me and my buddies I take, Canada lost out on about three hundred and fifty bucks of license fees.  One thing I have decided,  Canada is a VERY expensive place to fish!  Just counting the cost of tires, window and towing I'd say I'm down about two thousand dollars.  What a waste of my hard earned cash.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »

It shouldn't be like that at all here. Case of having a large population and the statistics of having nut bars. Same thing use to happen when you parked in San Fran or Los Angles with BC, or probably even Washington plates.

Just like having your car broken into in front of the house. Only that's more convenient. Some low life or mentally deficient person comes along to ruin the day.

It would be nice if they had a shuttle from a place like Fred's to spots on the river for people from south of the border until the creep is caught.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »

This year I decided NOT to buy a license.  So with me and my buddies I take, Canada lost out on about three hundred and fifty bucks of license fees.  One thing I have decided,  Canada is a VERY expensive place to fish! 

I think a 120 bucks for an non resident to fish our waters is a bargain.1000 bucks would be more like it and the revenues generated, put back into the resource such as hiring a few more fisheries officers to clean up the mess we see on our world famous river.