Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder  (Read 39798 times)

fletcher

Re: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »

Hey Dennis.............bet you a thousand bucks it's not the visitors paying $120 for a license that's leaving the garbage,  think about it.  Heck,  I've picked up garbage before when I've fish up there!  And $120 dollars isn't chump change for a license.  If you want to fish down here,  Washington State only charges $82.50 for non-resident aliens.  And if you head to the Washington Coast we do still have world class fishing.  Maybe you need to think a little more before you post?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »

I'm from Bellingham and have had to put up with this sort of crap more than once,  I've really questioned if it's worth coming up your way, exactly what this low life is hoping for.  First time just simple break in,  broke my window and stole about five bucks worth of stuff.  Second time about four years ago came back to load the boat and all four tires slashed plus hood of car keyed,  nothing taken.  Next time got one tire slashed and rear quarter panel keyed,  felt lucky they didn't slash two tires since I only carry one spare.  Next time about two years ago,  one trailer tire slashed.   This year I decided NOT to buy a license.  So with me and my buddies I take, Canada lost out on about three hundred and fifty bucks of license fees.  One thing I have decided,  Canada is a VERY expensive place to fish!  Just counting the cost of tires, window and towing I'd say I'm down about two thousand dollars.  What a waste of my hard earned cash.

I have sent your coments to our Mayor, there is a meeting next week, I have asked to see if that is an open meeting to the public, will inform.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »

Hey Dennis.............bet you a thousand bucks it's not the visitors paying $120 for a license that's leaving the garbage,  think about it.  Heck,  I've picked up garbage before when I've fish up there!  And $120 dollars isn't chump change for a license.  If you want to fish down here,  Washington State only charges $82.50 for non-resident aliens.  And if you head to the Washington Coast we do still have world class fishing.  Maybe you need to think a little more before you post?
Not talking about the garbage left on the banks.Talking about all the unethical fishing practices happening on the river.Barbed hooks/poaching/fishing in closed areas/tire slashers etc.Have no desire to fish Washington State.

fletcher

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »

May I say it again Dennis..................think before you post.  YOU want people from outside your country to pay for a problem caused by the local population? Slashed tires, garbage on the banks, poaching, unethical fishing?  Do you really think outsiders should pay for a local problem.  I'll bet you another thousand bucks,  it's NOT people from the US that's causing these issues!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »

May I say it again Dennis..................think before you post.  YOU want people from outside your country to pay for a problem caused by the local population? Slashed tires, garbage on the banks, poaching, unethical fishing?  Do you really think outsiders should pay for a local problem.  I'll bet you another thousand bucks,  it's NOT people from the US that's causing these issues!

what makes you think it's strictly local? i've seen americans throw their garbage in fire pits while camping up river and not clean up after themselves....i see as many of you flossing KWB and Tamahi as local fishermen... don't let frustration turn to finger pointing, it's unproductive.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2011, 12:25:52 AM »

If one American fisher can have so many bad incidents in the past, think about how many incidents with all of them combined? Where are our police force? They should be setting up bait cars with American plates and with hiding camera ready to catch this low life on tape. These incidents against the Americans will get to the media down south and Chilliwack, perhaps even Vancouver or Canadians will get a bad name for it. So RCMP should put in the effort to catch the individual(s) doing this.

speycaster

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2011, 06:54:04 AM »

Washington state and all those nearby states have no fish and are horrible places. Just keep repeating that to yourself and all your friends, heck even post it on all the forums that you go to.  ;D  I consider the four hundred bucks or so that I pay yearly for licenses a complete waste and I only do it to help their economy.  ::) I feel sorry for anyone that has their vehicle damaged while fishing,it has never happened to me when I am south of the line. Personally I would like to be legally able to put their fingers on a rock and turn the bones to mush with another rock. No medical coverage when they get to the hospital either, no cash go home. ;D

Grey Fox

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »

I have sent your comments to our Mayor, there is a meeting next week, I have asked to see if that is an open meeting to the public, will inform.

I'd have done the same ........When I hear about this type of vandalism being inflicted on our visiting friends from the US it makes me downright ashamed to be Canadian...we wouldnt want this to happen to guests visiting our houses (from wherever) yet some here seem to condone it towards US anglers.

Their money is as good as anyone Else's, more importantly they're guests in our country for God's sake....no one deserves to have their property damaged,

Be warned... if I see anyone damaging a vehicle with Canadian OR US plates I'll call the cops

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2011, 10:15:50 PM »

May I say it again Dennis..................think before you post.  YOU want people from outside your country to pay for a problem caused by the local population? Slashed tires, garbage on the banks, poaching, unethical fishing?  Do you really think outsiders should pay for a local problem.  I'll bet you another thousand bucks,  it's NOT people from the US that's causing these issues!

It's true people from the US cause problems in other parts of the world!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:17:25 PM by Ed »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

It's true people from the US cause problems in other parts of the world!

Your a mean one :)

Or put out movies like "SHAFT". Loved that soundtract though.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?