Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: no more teepee shanty town on the Vedder !!!  (Read 18073 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: no more teepee shanty town on the Vedder !!!
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »

At least some people are trying to get out of the hole and others are there to give them a hand.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/surrey_area/surreyleader/news/64124877.html

On Thursday (Oct. 15), the mission will hold it’s third annual Connect Day, part of Homeless Action Week, which runs Oct. 11-17 in Metro Vancouver.

Connect Day is designed to connect the homeless and impoverished with agencies and individuals who can help them.

If you want to volunteer to help with the Surrey Urban Mission’s Connect Day, call 604-581-5172 or e-mail sums@telus.net.

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

whereismyfloat

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »

I consider myself an advocate of the poor and like most folks, I do what I can to contribute through donations, sponsoring families for the holidays, delivering clothes  etc ... But, there is no doubt in my mind that many of the pigeon park homeless folks choose their path.  I have to side with bbronswyk on this one. The folks who struggle to get by but don't quit on life are the ones I feel most sorry for.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »

I Or how about single mothers with dead beat fathers who dont pay child support.

That works both ways ! I have a few friends with dead beat moms who don't pay child support to the dads.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 08:05:30 PM »

That works both ways ! I have a few friends with dead beat moms who don't pay child support to the dads.

Your absolutely right.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

yamadirt 426

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 09:08:30 PM »

You my friend just don't get it..no stolen property found on site and no drug paraphernalia...doesn't sound like drug addicts.Glad to hear they were offered accomodations elsewhere...i wonder if they accepted them or chose to keep living on the streets somewhere else?

Buddy good way to boost your post count so you can read the reports. LOL  ::)  Anyways its clear you have no clue about drug addicts and their ways. Let me educate you a little more. When a drug addict steals something worth value it goes straight to the dealer. It does not go back to base camp for any amount of time period. If anything it gets stashed in the bush for a few hours until the ghost is clear then goes straight to the dealer end of story !!!!! Anything not of value gets littered along the way.( ID able items ) Example: empty wallets thrown in dumpsters downtown only to be returned by an honest dumpster divers or bin divers as they like to be called. A real homeless guy if you will. Next anything that may be used in the short term but nothing that can be ID'D as stolen will be brought back used up and discarded out the door. Blankets/clothes/batteries(everything) else on site. These items will not look stolen but these people have NO money. OK for you bleeding hearts 95% of the items will have been "found" or STOLEN. 5% they bought  ::) Now as far as the NO DRUG PARAPHNALIA was found. These people do weird things with their baggies (like burn them in the fires they had every night   ) and pipes and there was not likely much around as a meth pipe is very small  and was most likely stash on the person or in the bush. Just because no big bong was found does not mean no evidence was mashed into the mess.  These people are not stoners and most likely don't even smoke weed. Costs to much for the high you get when you can get high for days on $10 of meth. Next time your hearts bleedingand you want to waste your time and do something nice for these people buy them food and watch them eat it. You know with all the crackheads/thieves , and poachers on the vedder and all the people who politely ask them to quit. Its no wonder i like to fish garry point.  :D   I took my blinders off in high school . If i keep them on I would have worked for DFO.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:28:15 PM by yamadirt 426 »

Frankey

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »

Not about reading the reports..I could care less..,i go out and make my own reports...you make some good points...how is it you know so much about how homeless people live and the way they go about thier business?I would like to hear your background on this subject.

yamadirt 426

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »

Well everything I've learned  has been in the field not in a classroom. Drug addicts in the family. Friends that have gone down that path. Guys/girls that have come from rich and poor backgrounds. Everyone with a different story to long to write here. Now for work i clean out crack houses every other week. I've had money stolen by family, ive had crackers raiding my garage. Which were caught and no i didn't call the police. I drive around surrey and vancouver every day for work. I've had a crack house down the road from me for 2 yrs before it burnt down. I myself am no angel. I've tried everything under the sun in my twentys. When your dealing with these kinds of people you see things. I've never stole from anyone. Well thats not true I stole a box of condoms once in grade 7 and got busted. And no I wasnt going to use the condoms for sex. LOL Something about them when your young  :-[ Let me tell you i learn my leasons well. My azz was red for 2 weeks. So ya I've seen with my own eyes the world of squatters/addicts addicts/enablers and my rich friends who do coke every other day but still keep it together. Just so ya know i dont drink, smoke cigs or do any hard drugs. I experimented in life and then grew up like your suppose too. I run 5k often fish/hunt have a model for a wife  ;D (dont make me post a pic) train hard and eat right. So at 32 i have not lived a sheltered life. No churchy here. Spend some time talking to family members of addicts. They will tell. Homeless people i couldn't tell you a thing about. Apples and oranges to me

Frankey

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »

Impressive..good on you bro...i have never cleaned up up a crack house so you know alot more about it then i do.I saw my good buddy lose everything to crack and yes he stole from me and his parents and whoever else he could, just to get his next hit.Last i heard hes in prison now busted for dealing the sh-t.He was a decent human being with a good family and had everything untill the drugs got a hold of him now he has nothing.

scute

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 06:25:59 AM »

There are no high end stolen goods because they sold them for drugs along with every other item of value they have ever had.That is why they live in a shanty town.The only things kept are 'tools of the trade' such as bolt cutters and there stolen bikes. :'(