Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sturgeon stamp now needed  (Read 20216 times)

roeman

Sturgeon stamp now needed
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »

Just a reminder the sturgeon stamp is now required as of Sept 12.
Are you fishin or catchin

Verdi

Re: Sturgeon stamp now needed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »

It is not a stamp it is a license. I can't believe that you have to pay full price for a license that is only good until March 31/2009.

I don't care about the money, it is just the principle. Why not wait until next year?
I got mine at the local tackle store. It does not say anything on it that you have to have a freshwater license too.But i would assume you need both, and if you do need both why not just a stamp?

Just my thoughts..

Later
Verdi

roeman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

You need both.
Are you fishin or catchin

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:09:48 PM »

There probable was not enough time to get the stamps printed before they emptied your pocket. Besides it is the government and when dealing with the government nothing makes any sense.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

limit time

• http://www.svmatch.com/allusers/4/
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 09:33:20 PM »

greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed >:(

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:06:24 AM »

greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed >:(

that is what happens when you have a gov't for themselves as opposed to for the people.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »

the funds collected go directly to Sturgeon research...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »

Another money grab by the liberals to pay for any ever expanding government bureaucracy.  >:( I wanted to go sturgeon fishing on invitation, I'll phone the outfitter up and tell him to cancel it. >:(
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »

Another money grab by the liberals to pay for any ever expanding government bureaucracy.

Nicole has already told you the money goes to Sturgeon research-what more do you need?

I wanted to go sturgeon fishing on invitation, I'll phone the outfitter up and tell him to cancel it.
So you'll cancel a free trip because you don't want to pay $8 for a license?
Does that make sense? ::) ::) ::)

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 12:04:01 AM »

Another money grab by the liberals to pay for any ever expanding government bureaucracy.

Nicole has already told you the money goes to Sturgeon research-what more do you need?

I wanted to go sturgeon fishing on invitation, I'll phone the outfitter up and tell him to cancel it.
So you'll cancel a free trip because you don't want to pay $8 for a license?
Does that make sense? ::) ::) ::)

It’s not the money it’s the principle. The BC government keeps increasing fees and finds ever more new ways to get at our money. I hunt and fish a lot, moose tag, waterfowl stamp, bison tag, salmon stamp and so it goes on and on, and each year they think up a new scam. If the government needs money for sturgeon research then perhaps it would be appropriate fro our government to give some of that triple hefty pay raise back they gave themselves last year not once but twice.

Frankly I am getting a tad tired to keep paying to help out the government, the same government that wants to take my guns away to hunt with and keeps restricting my right to hunt and fish with annually more fees and obligations.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 12:18:32 AM »

I don't see any opposition members giving their pay increase back.

lowside

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 10:12:45 AM »

$8 dollars? who cares, that's a bargain compared to what a freshwater license with salmon tag costs. Just buy the license and enjoy fishing. Why allow politics to interfere with the things we enjoy?

DeeAngler

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »

Being new to angling various BC freshwater species .... I don't understand the issue with having to pay a simple species tag fee.  ???

I feel we get quite a bang for our $$$ when angling freshwater alone. The extra few $$'s for separate species tags doesn't seem to be financially breaking on a angler.

If one were to take in 1 Canucks hockey game, the cost alone would pay for (I believe) all your angling licenses for the year. What a bargain.

I haven't had the opprotunity to angle for Sturgeon but on seeing the pics of Bend Rods behemoth in another post ... I'm having no issues with paying a fee to have one dance on the end of my line.  ;D

And from Nicole's post ... we are helping to continue this angling opprotunity.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »

Good to see the conservation surcharge stamp is already working.

Less people willing to pay to fish = Less fish being caught and released = Lowering of mortality rate = Conservation ;D

redside1

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »

It is not a stamp it is a license. I can't believe that you have to pay full price for a license that is only good until March 31/2009.

Why not wait until next year?

Just my thoughts..

Later
Verdi

Because in April next year the government will be too close to the general election and there is no way the government wants to introduce a new user fee right before an election. There would be way too much negative press and the liberals already do a fine job of getting negative press