Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: 2020 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upd  (Read 64101 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water good this AM lots of fish going through.

ja

Thanks for posting an update on the conditions Chris. It's much appreciated.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks for posting an update on the conditions Chris. It's much appreciated.
You are welcome I have tried to do that I started writing for Rodney in 2001. The conditions were good tonight and should be good fishing this week.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Good conditions in a steady drizzle this morning having trouble hanging onto the fish It must be the discarded hooks I pick up on the beach.lol

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Good condition be it a bit cool as winter is on the way with steelhead not far behind. Lots of action today, better get out there as the season will soon slow down.

I know some people donot like me giving these updates and will be frowning behind their computer screens but life's too short to worry about that in my mind. There is plenty of fish for all.

wav789

Good condition be it a bit cool as winter is on the way with steelhead not far behind. Lots of action today, better get out there as the season will soon slow down.

I know some people donot like me giving these updates and will be frowning behind their computer screens but life's too short to worry about that in my mind. There is plenty of fish for all.

Was good to chat with you this morning on the river Chris, and keep the updates coming!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

I was on the lower end today. Fair number of  fish taken but inevitable given the number of rods I saw. Chums seemed very few. Some good size coho and large % of hatchery fish. The water is cold! Wear appropriate clothing inside your waders.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Beautiful water today, fishing around beautiful people, just can't land a single beautiful fish. ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Beautiful water today, fishing around beautiful people, just can't land a single beautiful fish. ::)
You may need a guide like 2001 but the fee is a lot higher than then. :-X ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

😦

clarki

• Old Timer

A productive morning on the lower river twitching jigs in water passed over by the floatfishers.

Although only wild coho came to hand, this bright chum doe was the prize of the morning. White belly and iridescent blue/green scales still on her back.

Have only retained one chum and that was many years ago. Interested to see how this one smokes up.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lots of action again today especially at first light but mostly coho jacks. When the sun hit the water I lost a nice coho salmon and then got a hat., a fresh run chum and a large chinook salmon starting to spawn. Last 2 released as no need for more at this time as have 3 to smoke and eat fresh.

Get ready for the heavy rain for those braving it for tomorrow. Is supposed to be cool with snow in some areas. Have you got your snow tries on yet?

Also I got a picture and video of a chum salmon with the tags it that I talked about the other day. They are on my FB page, I will put the video on my youtube channel and here later.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 03:21:53 PM by chris gadsden »

Knnn

• Old Timer

White belly and iridescent blue/green scales still on her back.  Have only retained one chum and that was many years ago. Interested to see how this one smokes up.

Try it on the BBQ or in the oven with a dill/mayo dressing.  I think you may  be surprised (if don't already know) how good it is.   

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Beautiful afternoon for a walk on the dyke below the KWB. Only one lonely feather and fur flinger below the bridge. So I pulled out my rod which I always keep in my trunk with my nap sack of gear and gun boots and parked at a deserted pull out further down the dyke and hoofed it down to the river. Like where the heck is everybody I’m thinking to myself?  5th cast in BANG! A large chrome hatchery buck smashed my spoon and rocketed out of the water. I battled the hard fighting salmon into shore and landed it! I quickly left to get home and process my unexpected catch. Fresh salmon for supper tonight. The better half will be pleased.  8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:31:42 PM by Wiseguy »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

A productive morning on the lower river twitching jigs in water passed over by the floatfishers.

Although only wild coho came to hand, this bright chum doe was the prize of the morning. White belly and iridescent blue/green scales still on her back.

Have only retained one chum and that was many years ago. Interested to see how this one smokes up.

what's with the stick? Looking for something?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13