Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: 2020 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upd  (Read 64207 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

It feels like armageddon out there today lol... I would skip fishing here for a couple of days. Here are some photos from this past couple of weeks.

My 84 year old dad had a blast last week. Somehow he managed to hook six and landed four while everyone else including myself struggled to get a fish. Coho are definitely chunkier than previous seasons.

A couple of fat jacks. There was a couple of days earlier in the season when all we could catch were coho jacks and there was plenty of them.

Looking for the canal tide bite, which never really happened this year. Somehow they all swam through without looking at our bait.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:27:35 PM by Rodney »

psd1179

• Old Timer

The coho run in Vedder this years shows bigger fish size but less number somehow.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

The coho run in Vedder this years shows bigger fish size but less number somehow.

I wanna say that other systems for me have not produced a decent amount of Coho for me but the Chilliwack river certainly has. Its been my best year casting from the boat. Multiple days I've limited on hatchery Coho casting spinners in the canal. Just last week I had a day where I retained 3 hatchery, released 3 wilds and lost 5. I actually set the my record with 4 hatchery fish, three of those on three casts with the forth coming a few casts later all before official sunrise. Systems like the Nic would have produced on average 8 Coho so far but this year I have zero.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I just back from a month on the road that included hunting, picture, videos taking and fishing, many pictures and videos to share later. May take a month to get them all posted to my social media pages. So here is my first fall river condition post to keep on what this thread is about. Visibility looked around 12 inches tonight but it was hard to tell in the hurricane winds.

Not sure if I have missed any good fishing. Is the run over now Rodney? lol

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Six weeks to go! ;D

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Fished by the sumas this morning. Panoptix showed TONS of fish moving up but the water was extremely high and dirty. No fish this morning on the spinner.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions excellent, I made my first trip out and friend got some but none for me as no roe. Missed a couple on a blade.With no roe I kept trying Trout Beads, a jig and a blade, switching up to much. I did not get out at first light when the bite was on. Got to the river but had to go back home as left the tod in the shed. What a beak. Caught a lot of fish in other locations over the Fall and was spoiled when I could count on the float going down often.

I will get reorganized for tomorrow as will but a Leaf logo on the float, that will help score a fish for sure before the coming rain puts the river out again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Matthew Maple Leaf float did the trick today as landed a nice Coho Salmon but was wild, lost a smaller one with a number of missed hook sets, of course fishing the lower, nice conditions although got soaking wet in the heavy rain as I was used to the sunny weather of late in my month long road trip and did not have a rain jacket on. What a beak.

Got soaking wet so went home for a warm bath and a nap. The Maple leaf float wants to go for a dip so will go out for the evening bite now, if there is one.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River mud tonight and high, I will have a video up later.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

literary just left before the spike. feel bad for the weekend warriors. if it means any thing fishing was average the last two days in the canal.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Here is the video I filmed how it is at dark. https://youtu.be/zH0-wAXoYVY

ribolovac02

It will be fishable tomorrow afternoon I bet ...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

A chunky monkey from a couple days ago, on the Gibbs #35 Koho spoon.

Fished this morning and was disgusted by my performance just like many other outings this season. :-X Lots of coho salmon were holding in front of me at a tailout, missed all six good float downs before the rain got too heavy for me. :-\

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go

Pfft, those were just sticks drifting down the river today...
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water cleaned up nicely as the morning progressed, plenty fishable now. I only saw one coho jack salmon caught as I cleaned up the beach at the Diving Board run but conditions were not that good then.

Better get out there before the rain blows it out again but of course there is always Tamihi. ::)

A word of warning there, an angler told me some cut off his muffler at that spot a few days ago cost around 500 to replace. He said he started up the vehicle and wondered why it was so noisy. Sad situation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13