Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 190099 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #840 on: May 22, 2020, 09:20:39 PM »

When you go can you take some pictures and post them. It will be nice to see the other side of you without all the Christian stuff.

Robert_G

« Reply #841 on: May 22, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »

When you go can you take some pictures and post them. It will be nice to see the other side of you without all the Christian stuff.

Flyfishing stillwater is usually something I do by myself for my own quiet mental well being. Also Im old school and use a basic float tube and flippers. Not the easist to snap pics of a fish.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #842 on: May 22, 2020, 09:36:40 PM »

Heading to our place at Cultus next week. Will be taking the spinning rig for some bass and the 8Wt for one last crack at some steel.

hammer

« Reply #843 on: May 22, 2020, 11:06:35 PM »

Ibily,
I am curious how you do for those bass. As I mainly fish for trout, salmon, and steelhead, I don’t know much about it. I have fished for small mouth a few times and had a good time doing it.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #844 on: May 23, 2020, 05:45:43 AM »

Honestly I do poorly. Bass are all new to me. Started fishing for them because I’m at Cultus lake so often. I’ve tried all sorts of spinners and flies with little success. I do know for sure they love a dew worm laying on the bottom cause I watched my buddies young son get a bunch that way. Rod would be the guy to ask as he has fished for them a fair bit I believe.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #845 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:32 PM »

Will Covid 19 shut down fishing opportunities......
YES .

arimaBOATER

« Reply #846 on: May 23, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »

Will Covid 19 shut down fishing opportunities......
YES .
Well did answer the ?
I'm very bashful and do not like to post too big comments.  ::)
But maybe I should make it a bit longer.
Youtube: What doctors are learning from autopsy findings of corona virus (Covid 19) patients.
Dr Mike Hansen.

These people who are having their parts studied (autopsy) are done fishing.

But here is a really really positive story.
Break through Drug: Ivermectin shows astounding results against Coronavirus.

( google it....read it on Newsmax. )
EDIT IN: Bangladeshi doctors say Invermectin with Doxycycline can treat patients with Covid 19 !!!

Dr Tarek Alam said 60 patients were given a combo of Invermectin and Doxycycline and all recovered fully after 4 days !!!!

Well sounds good to me. Wow wow wow....promising.

Google : Invermectin and Doxycycline treats Covid 19.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:53:19 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #847 on: May 25, 2020, 01:49:08 PM »

Seen a picture on web of a public location in Sweden ...there was a sign in the pic ...it read about keeping 3 feet distance from others !!!
In Canada/USA most other places...it 's 6ft.
Knowing the human race....if speed limit is 50 K ...most will drive 60 or more....
So...if we are to keep 6ft people will keep away about 4 ft.
Sweden says 3 ft ...so people will get 2 ft away from others  >:(
We should have a baseball bat or stick with a sharp nail on the end.
Wear sandwich board with message: come inside the 6ft limit and I'll attack you !!!
Even little old ladies and kids get hit or jabbed ....it's the Christian thing to do....( just joking )

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #848 on: May 25, 2020, 04:46:02 PM »

Seen a picture on web of a public location in Sweden ...there was a sign in the pic ...it read about keeping 3 feet distance from others !!!

Most of Europe is very passionate about the metric system. Seems odd that anyone in Sweden would even acknowledge feet or inches. They even have additional metric measurements that we don't use in Canada. Restaurants in many Euro countries sell beer in multiple sizes, measured in centilitres (cl). 1cl = 10 ml. You can order beer in 20, 30 or 40 cl. Great option for hot days because you can order a 20 cl beer and finish it before it gets warm. In Cologne, Germany some bars even sell beer in 10 cl glasses because the beer snobs want to drink their Kölsch while it's still super cold.

I used to work in a lumber yard of a hardware store and this European handyman used to come in with his wooden folding measuring tape and ask us for lumber and plywood in cm. Drove me nuts because he knew the rulers on the chop saw and table saw didn't show cm and he never did the conversion beforehand. He always had this mischievous smile when he talked about things in cm. All this to say that Europeans are nuts for the metric system ::)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #849 on: May 25, 2020, 05:45:19 PM »

Most of Europe is very passionate about the metric system. Seems odd that anyone in Sweden would even acknowledge feet or inches. They even have additional metric measurements that we don't use in Canada. Restaurants in many Euro countries sell beer in multiple sizes, measured in centilitres (cl). 1cl = 10 ml. You can order beer in 20, 30 or 40 cl. Great option for hot days because you can order a 20 cl beer and finish it before it gets warm. In Cologne, Germany some bars even sell beer in 10 cl glasses because the beer snobs want to drink their Kölsch while it's still super cold.

I used to work in a lumber yard of a hardware store and this European handyman used to come in with his wooden folding measuring tape and ask us for lumber and plywood in cm. Drove me nuts because he knew the rulers on the chop saw and table saw didn't show cm and he never did the conversion beforehand. He always had this mischievous smile when he talked about things in cm. All this to say that Europeans are nuts for the metric system ::)

Yep your are right.
As FWR Youtube has so many down under south of us border as in Canada/USA ...viewers I translated meter to 3 ft.
Reuters via Yahoo News.
"Covid 19 deaths in Sweden top 4000 : Public Health Agency
( the sign in the pic says: One meter of thoughtfulness. Thank you for keeping a distance to other visitors. )
That park in Toronto that was crowded ...noticed it was 99% younger people. Birds AND bees ...sheep to the slaughter ... Young people think they are war tanks...
What virus  ???
I do not see any virus. Do you see any ?
All I see is sunshine and cute girls ...
Heard the booze was flowing too ..
Pot smoking  ? Maybe?
Honestly imagine many infections happened. Possibly.

But in Sweden ...1 meter distance.

Gee what was it before the virus problem .....6 inches 1/2 foot or what ever that is in "Metric."

Gee all the world spells "metric" wrong including Blood Orange.
Ya all got sucked in....
Metric is spelt .....metrick.
Covid 19 is Corvid 19.

Throw $500 in $20s on a mall floor and see how people keep 6 ft or 2 meters apart. ( In Canada...my IPAD wants to spell Canada zcanada ....but I know better.  ) me smarter than IPAD.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:48:42 PM by A-BOATER »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #850 on: May 26, 2020, 09:14:01 AM »

"Russia and China are driving an online wave of disinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic, say experts. Some of the disinformation circulating online amounts to conspiracy theories about the origins of the virus — claims that it was invented in a lab or brought to China by U.S. soldiers, for example.

"The thing that's really surprised us is the volume of content that those governments produce in English," he said. "So at the moment, they can reach almost a billion social media user accounts a week with English language content that is across Instagram and Twitter and Facebook and Reddit."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-coronavirus-russia-china-1.5583961

My dad told me the other day that he's protected from the virus because he smokes... this stuff is insidious.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #851 on: May 26, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »

"Russia and China are driving an online wave of disinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic, say experts. Some of the disinformation circulating online amounts to conspiracy theories about the origins of the virus — claims that it was invented in a lab or brought to China by U.S. soldiers, for example.

"The thing that's really surprised us is the volume of content that those governments produce in English," he said. "So at the moment, they can reach almost a billion social media user accounts a week with English language content that is across Instagram and Twitter and Facebook and Reddit."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-coronavirus-russia-china-1.5583961

My dad told me the other day that he's protected from the virus because he smokes... this stuff is insidious.

agreed, these sights are super dangerous to people that do not fact check. everything must be fact checked. i have had many friends show me meaning less untrue bs that i have had to call out.

Robert_G

« Reply #852 on: May 26, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »

agreed, these sights are super dangerous to people that do not fact check. everything must be fact checked. i have had many friends show me meaning less untrue bs that i have had to call out.

Problem is that most of the fact checkers are bought and paid for by the progressive left. I prefer the critical thinking and personal research approach.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #853 on: May 26, 2020, 05:10:10 PM »

Problem is that most of the fact checkers are bought and paid for by the progressive left. I prefer the critical thinking and personal research approach.

Of course the progressive left has to pay for fact checkers.

They can't keep up with constant stream of bat my smelly socks crazy notions being touted by the non-progressive right.

:)

Hah, love the system induced edit!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:14:24 PM by clarki »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #854 on: May 26, 2020, 05:24:36 PM »

Smart smart smart thinking.
Even an umpire these days cannot be trusted anymore to call a strike or safe or out at the plate.
Years ago when I was a little boy they called a perfect game every time.

There's that 50 's / 60 's tv show ...To Tell the Truth.
3 people all claiming to be Mr or Mrs so & so...had a story....for example one was a horse jockey for 30 yrs ..the 3 people were asked a series of ?s then they would make a guess at which of the 3 was the real jockey.
But China stopped doctors from going public that a new virus was out there ...so are we going to believe anything they say.
Once a person or country loses credibility ...in statements then what is left ?
Not believing or trusting any info ...once a liar always a liar.

The politicians in USA & Canada put out their spins ..and dif. parties do not believe each other.

There are some who to this day say: Jews were not killed in WW2 camps...

Or the moon landing did not happen

Or 9/11 was planned by the US gov.

TV ad comes on and says this item will only be on sale 50% off "only today" if you call within the next 30 minutes.
Next day the tv ad comes back on tv  ::)
Says the same thing ...will be on sale 50% off "only today" & if you call......

Gee they can't even get the voting correct...cheating ...etc...

Washington St gov gave millions to scam artists who filed for funds because of Covid 19

Lots of $$$ went to Nigeria. Buyer beware.

Should be illegal to have people knock on doors for business or donation..
Plus no phone calls for business or donation either.
Too many scam artists out there. 

Lastly this virus came from the ....well from wet market but maybe from Wuhan lab ?
Roll the dice to decide I guess.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:29:24 PM by A-BOATER »