Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 190198 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #855 on: May 26, 2020, 08:28:02 PM »

Problem is that most of the fact checkers are bought and paid for by the progressive left. I prefer the critical thinking and personal research approach.

your pores ooze of bias. fact checking has nothing to do with right or left. facts dont care about your feelings.

Robert_G

« Reply #856 on: May 26, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »

Of course the progressive left has to pay for fact checkers.

They can't keep up with constant stream of bat my smelly socks crazy notions being touted by the non-progressive right.

your pores ooze of bias. fact checking has nothing to do with right or left. facts dont care about your feelings.

You guys might figure it out one day......hopefully before it's too late.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #857 on: May 26, 2020, 09:00:29 PM »

...worst...thread...ever...

It has to get a nomination, at the minimum. What right wing think tank looks after that sort of thing?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #858 on: May 26, 2020, 09:02:51 PM »

One more for the night
This one's for Clarki and Bigblockfox

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #859 on: May 26, 2020, 09:33:26 PM »

Robert is this you at costco? You know with all the freedom and sheep talking i could have swaren it was you.

https://youtu.be/O8fkVqEZGRA

Can you please share for all of where i talked about taking anyones freedom away.

GordJ

« Reply #860 on: May 26, 2020, 09:38:37 PM »

BBF read Ralphs signature.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #861 on: May 26, 2020, 10:18:35 PM »

Ralph, I'll forward this thread to the Fraser Institute c/o Rex Murphy in time for the award show. The show's in Alberta though so you might need to travel if you want to catch it in person.

It makes me uncomfortable seeing holocaust denial brought up in here, especially when AB's point was unclear.

Apologies for starting things up again, that was a mistake. Was just so surprised to hear my dad spouting literal propaganda. I guess he's not the only one doing that :-X

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #862 on: May 27, 2020, 05:47:23 AM »

Do you guys know the latest regulation on fishing with 2 guys on a boat in a lake? Can you do that with masks keeping 2 meters separation? Also can they carpool together? Thanks.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #863 on: May 27, 2020, 07:17:40 AM »

Ralph, I'll forward this thread to the Fraser Institute c/o Rex Murphy in time for the award show. The show's in Alberta though so you might need to travel if you want to catch it in person.

It makes me uncomfortable seeing holocaust denial brought up in here, especially when AB's point was unclear.

Apologies for starting things up again, that was a mistake. Was just so surprised to hear my dad spouting literal propaganda. I guess he's not the only one doing that :-X

I'll take a pass on a personal appearance, thank you.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #864 on: May 27, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »

Do you guys know the latest regulation on fishing with 2 guys on a boat in a lake? Can you do that with masks keeping 2 meters separation? Also can they carpool together? Thanks.

Current recommendations haven't changed much: stay local, don't get together in groups larger than 10 (that part is new), stay 2m apart if you do get together, don't share vehicles with people who aren't in your household, wear masks if you have to go out but can't distance, and wash your hands often.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #865 on: May 27, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »

Unclear?
WTH !!!!!
It's as clear as the nose on your face.
Follow the drift of my post.
China has been known to lie ...put spin....
It's all about trying to put facts under the rug....
China hoped this virus would just stay local so they hushed it up.
Or maybe since they were going to have problems ...they wanted the world to have to deal with the same problems.
Decrease world economy.
Thus China let international travel happen...
Finally they blew the whistle and leg it be known Covid 19 is in their country.
Planes even kept flying as other countries.
Finally politicians/scientists/medical stopped travel.
China in the beginning tried to hush it all up.
So...following that drift...there are even some voices that try to say Jews were not killed in WW2 ( we know the killings did happen )
There are those who try to say NASA did not land on the moon. ( we know they did land on the moon )
There are those who say the USA gov. was behind 9-11 ...( we know it was terrorists who plotted it )
There are some today who say the earth is flat.....( we know it is round )
There are those in this world who just do not want TRUTH.
Even if the TRUTH hurts say it.
Pres. Clinton " I did not have...."  ;D

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #866 on: May 27, 2020, 09:46:43 AM »

Category(s):
    RECREATIONAL - General Information,
RECREATIONAL - Shellfish,
RECREATIONAL - Salmon,
RECREATIONAL - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon)

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0476-General Information: Information for BC Recreational Fishers on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Update

As Canadians continue to adjust with life under Covid-19 conditions, recreational fishers are reminded to follow the guidelines set out by Public Health Officials when
taking part in recreational fishing activities in British Columbia waters to help stop the spread of Covid-19. The Public Health Officer of British Columbia has asked
British Columbians to limit non-essential travel within the province, especially to smaller communities. Consistent with the Orders and Guidance for Fishing and
Hunting from the Public Health Officer of British Columbia, fishers are expected to only fish in their local area.

Fishers should also be aware that many coastal communities in BC have closed access and services to visitors to help protect their residents. Access to fuel, supplies
and other services in these communities may not be available.

Recreational fishers should be vigilant to follow the general recommendations from the Government of Canada for the Canadian public, see official advice on the
Coronavirus (COVID-19) page https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html or call the information line at 1-833-784-4397

Updates and changes that were recently announced by the Province of British Columbia regarding recreational fishing in BC at the following webpage: 
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates .

Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) is keeping the health and well-being of all Canadians in mind as we work together in an effort to slow the spread of the new
coronavirus (COVID-19). To slow the spread of COVID-19 we ask that recreational fishers keep a physical distance between each other. Physical (social) distancing is
proven to be one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of illness during an outbreak.

DFO’s Conservation and Protection Program continues to provide a critical function in the Federal Government’s management of Canada’s marine resources. Regular
integrated patrols by fishery officers on land, sea and air are ongoing. 

Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard is committed to supporting our fisheries and aquaculture industry during these difficult times. The Government of Canada
is taking the necessary steps to keep you informed of the latest developments.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Greg Hornby, A/Regional Recreational Fisheries Coordinator, Greg.Hornby@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Fisheries and Oceans Canada Operations Center - FN0476
Sent May 27, 2020 at 09:28
Visit us on the Web at http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

If you would like to unsubscribe, please submit your request at: http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=manage_subscription

If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail to: DFO.OpsCentreFisheryPacific-CentreOpsPechePacifique.MPO@canada.ca

Robert_G

« Reply #867 on: May 27, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »

Can you please share for all of where i talked about taking anyones freedom away.

See....this is the problem. The fact that I have to show you is proof that you are already indoctrinated hook line and sinker.

….

A-BOATER makes some good points here. The left automatically assumes if you don't agree with them that you are a conspiracy theorist....or a bigot...racist....gay hater….bible thumping nut.....uneducated...etc...etc....depending on the topic.

But like the meme I posted...you can't put all 'conspiracy theories' on the same plate.
Some of them are truly wacko like A-BOATER said.
Example....flat earth...denial of the holocaust....the faked moon landing.....only a complete whack job would agree with those conspiracy theories.
I believe the holocaust did happen.....the earth is NOT flat.....the moon landing did happen.....I have no problems agreeing with that because common sense, responsible research, and critical thinking shows the truth in them.

However....with other so called 'conspiracy theories'....ALSO requires critical thinking and responsible research (not just clicking on CNN or Facebook factcheckers and believing what you read)

As AB said....The Chinese government is known for lying and covering up things....They are known for trying to play God in the science labs.....any basic amount of research will tell you that. Does that mean they created the virus in a Lab? Maybe....maybe not....but the progressive left automatically says 'no, they did not' and then proceeds to demoralize and discredit anyone who disagrees with them without providing conclusive evidence for their own position. How can one not see a problem with that?

As AB said....there is currently concern with mail-in-voting fraud in the U.S. That IS a valid concern. Research and critical thinking will show why. It's not just a crazy conspiracy theory.

However....as for the 9 1 1 conspiracies....I'm not convinced either way. I have nothing conclusive myself....but there are hundreds of unanswered questions in regards to what happened. Even the left acknowledges some of those questions as being currently unanswered.

At the end of the day, some of you are like starving dogs. A piece of food is thrown at you and you inhale it before inspecting or even tasting it and then tell everyone else it's Prime Rib even though you have no clue what it actually was you ate.

bobby b

« Reply #868 on: May 27, 2020, 11:40:56 AM »

...worst...thread...ever...

Just a gong show

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #869 on: May 27, 2020, 11:54:44 AM »

See....this is the problem. The fact that I have to show you is proof that you are already indoctrinated hook line and sinker.

i went through every post i made in this thread and none were about giving up freedoms. i am going to leave it at that and will not respond to any more of your bs. have a nice day.

sorry to other members for feeding the troll. that was not my intention.