Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 194920 times)

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #810 on: May 21, 2020, 07:03:10 PM »

🤣

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #811 on: May 21, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »

I was going to back off on this subject, but I'm not going to ignore this post because it's dead wrong and it's unbiblical.

There is nothing worse than when someone makes 'changes' or 'additions' to scripture passage to make a point.....which is exactly what you are doing.

There's nothing worse than a proclaimed Christian who takes a personal blessing and criticizes it to a point of scrutiny. If you understood what a blessing is, you would also understand that each scripture is meant to provide each individual with meaning that suit their need to get them over a trial or tribulation. The words of scripture become useless if you fail to understand it's purpose by defining it like it's nothing more than English Literature.

I wasn't quoting the bible...I was sharing what an elder told me during my troubled youth. A piece of advice parable to more than one scripture (as you should know)...spoken in a way that I understood...not in a way that enticed resentment or argument. Who are you to pass judgement?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #812 on: May 21, 2020, 09:11:12 PM »

By the way RG... in English Grammar, '....' , or "...." represents a quote. Don't be such an idiot by demeaning something I hold close to my heart. I've never insulted you in any way...how about you returning the courtesy?

4x4

« Reply #813 on: May 21, 2020, 10:17:15 PM »

By the way RG... in English Grammar, '....' , or "...." represents a quote. Don't be such an idiot by demeaning something I hold close to my heart. I've never [/b]insulted you in any way...how about you returning the courtesy?

;D ;D ;D You just called him an idiot.
This thread has turned into some pretty good cheap entertainment.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #814 on: May 21, 2020, 11:07:49 PM »

This threads like a car wreck, ya can’t help but look.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2020, 12:05:27 AM »

This threads like a car wreck, ya can’t help but look.

Nah, this thread turned into a joke. I can't believe I got sucked into posting something that I thought would help mediate a level of truce. I'm the biggest idiot and fool.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #816 on: May 22, 2020, 02:03:20 AM »

Dear God, let me catch a fish tomorrow.

Take Will Carroll of Death Angel with you.
You FA can explain your 2 cents ....and then let him set you straight with his $1 Million Dollars of reality.
He seen hell and the devil.

Even the game you like the CFL ...at the end of each contest has players from each team go to the centre of the field hold hands in a circle and they say a prayer.
Why do they do that FA ? Are they nuts ?

Will Carrol before he got Covid 19 was Mr Party Man but after his coma experience where he exited his body and seen HELL and the devil !!! ......is a changed person.

You pride yourself in catching fish...

The devil prides himself in his fishing skills too.
You net in the fish ....very good FA !!!

Watch out satan is netting his fish ( souls too )
There's a big river of life.....Jesus has His lure in the water ...The Gospel message on the hook...

Satan on the other side of the river with his buddies have baited their hooks ...with deception / lies / sin /pride / ......unbelief ....

They have been fishing for centuries ...Jesus has a very big pile of sheep fish.....but the devil and his demon buddies have a mountain sized pile of goat fish !!!

Seems for every soul Jesus hooks reels in and lands....the devil and his demon friends are reeling in 10x more at least !!!!
The pile must be as high as Mt Everest 28,000 ft high  ;D

Gee one goat fish got away ...he was hooked good ....now Will Carroll was hooked and reeled in & is in the sheep fish pile !!! Satan nearly had him ....how did he get away ?

Will Carroll the heavy metal drummer ....is like the thief on the cross.
He got a second chance in life.
Will Carroll Robert G and yours truly ...many others are trying to sound the warning....do not take the devil 's bait .

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:07:13 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #817 on: May 22, 2020, 02:06:32 AM »

Take Will Carroll of Death Angel with you.
You FA can explain your 2 cents ....and then let him set you straight with his $1 Million Dollars of reality.
He seen hell and the devil.

Even the game you like the CFL ...at the end of each contest has players from each team go to the centre of the field hold hands in a circle and they say a prayer.

Will Carrol before he got Covid 19 was Mr Party Man but after his coma experience where he exited his body and seen HELL and the devil !!! ......is a changed person.

You pride yourself in catching fish...

The devil prides himself in his fishing skills too.
You net in the fish ....very good FA !!!

Watch out satan is netting his fish ( souls too )
There's a big river of life.....Jesus has His lure in the water ...The Gospel message on the hook...

Satan on the other side of the river with his buddies have baited their hooks ...with deception / lies / sin /pride / ......unbelief ....

They have been fishing for centuries ...Jesus has a very big pile of sheep fish.....but the devil and his demon buddies have a mountain sized pile of goat fish !!!

Seems for every soul Jesus hooks reels in and lands....the devil and his demon friends are reeling in 10x more at least !!!!
The pile must be as high as Mt Everest 28,000 ft high  ;D

Gee one goat fish got away ...he was hooked good ....now Will Carroll was hooked and reeled in & is in the sheep fish pile !!! Satan nearly had him ....how did he get away ?

Will Carroll the heavy metal drummer ....is like the thief on the cross.
He got a second chance in life.
Will Carroll Robert G and yours truly ...many others are trying to sound the warning....do not take the devil 's bait.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #818 on: May 22, 2020, 10:36:23 AM »

If the truth be known, the players are discussing where to go for their post game meal.

Robert_G

« Reply #819 on: May 22, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »

It seems to me you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole. Let's review what you said.
You say you weren't quoting scripture but you were definitely trying to be biblical. A the end of the day it's very much the same thing.

Sometimes you can take 'good intent' and turn it into mockery. Even when you profess the truth.

You can't turn God's Word into mockery when you are proclaiming the truth about scripture....period

You can till the soil and plant the seed, but if you over water what you've sown, the seed will die.
This is intended for those who know where I'm coming from. Know when to stop because the only one winning is the one who wants to destroy all that is good.

Again....you say you weren't quoting scripture, but I know exactly where this comes from and regardless....you were trying to sound biblical, and not only that, but you are assuming that we are going to destroy all that good by witnessing and proclaiming God's Word. Again.....false biblical teaching. What you are implying directly contradicts scripture and I won't let it just fall under the rug from someone (you) who claims to be a Christian.

This is intended for those who know where I'm coming from.

'Those' means plural, so I'm pretty sure you are at least referring to me and A-Boater. Again....you are implying we are doing something that will destroy all that is good by overwatering (over witnessing).
Let me quote Paul for you:

1 Corinthians 9:16
16 "For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel."

Do you know what it means to be under compulsion to preach the gospel? I don't think you do, because if you did you wouldn't be accusing us of 'overwatering'. You can look through these teachings till the cows come home. Overwatering (overwitnessing/overproclaiming God's word) does not exist anywhere in the bible....but you are clearly accusing myself and A-Boater of doing that, so yeah....you are going to get a reaction from me on that.

The only scripture in the entire bible that even mildly suggests what you are implying we did, is when Jesus said to not throw your pearls to the swine. I noticed you did not call anyone here out as swine. You wouldn't do that. Truth is there are both people here taking in what we are witnessing/proclaiming in (receptive hearts), and there are those (swine) who will just mock and ridicule us. It's not different than preaching in a church. Both types of people are sitting in the pews. That being said....A-boater and I are not doing anything that God would not want us to do. I hope you come to see that as truth.

There's nothing worse than a proclaimed Christian who takes a personal blessing and criticizes it to a point of scrutiny. If you understood what a blessing is, you would also understand that each scripture is meant to provide each individual with meaning that suit their need to get them over a trial or tribulation.

Partially true. A personal blessing doesn't have to be biblical, but the problem here is that you used a 'personal blessing' to argue against a 'biblical truth'...you intentionally tried to make A-boater and me look bad...and you did it by using a personal blessing that doesn't exist in scripture...even worse that same so called blessing actually contradicts scripture....and then you use that same so called blessing to contradict scripture yourself to intentionally make other Christians look bad. THAT is unbiblical. I'm shocked you would do that.

you would also understand that each scripture is meant to provide each individual with meaning that suit their need to get them over a trial or tribulation.

Now you're scaring me. Scripture is NOT a salad bar. Again....no true biblical teacher is ever going to agree that you get to pick and choose what each scripture means. Like you said, it may give each individual a different perspective or insight on how to get through a trial or tribulation, but scripture always 'means' what it means. There are no different interpretations for different people. You'd fail bible college if you ever said that.

The words of scripture become useless if you fail to understand it's purpose by defining it like it's nothing more than English Literature.

Yeah....I didn't do that. I understand and have no problem accepting the actual truth that scripture is trying to teach. I'm not the one who turned it into a salad bar.

I wasn't quoting the bible..

Alright. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but it matters not, you tried to use what you said in a biblical context and instead ended up contradicting scripture. That's all that matters.

I wasn't quoting the bible...I was sharing what an elder told me during my troubled youth. A piece of advice parable to more than one scripture (as you should know)...spoken in a way that I understood...not in a way that enticed resentment or argument. Who are you to pass judgement?

It was bad advice and it was unbiblical advice that goes against what scripture teaches.
I also had my share of 'well meaning' elders and youth pastors/leaders with good intentions when I was a teen too, and I also had my share of elders and youth/pastors leaders who gave me the rock solid hell, fire, and brimstone truth about what Christianity is and how THAT related to whatever I was going through at the time. Looking back decades later, which ones do you think I respect the most? The ones who told me the TRUTH.

Well meaning elders, pastors, or any one else who confesses to be a Christian who tell you what you want to hear to make you feel good.... they are deceiving you....they are lying to you....and they are corrupting you with false teaching....and they are a dime a dozen. I can assure you that if that elder actually took scripture (or multiple scriptures) and added, adjusted, or changed the meaning to make you feel better....I don't care how good his intentions were.....he's going to answer to God for corrupting you with false teachings. The bible has 100s of warnings to anyone who deliberately teaches scripture in a way that diverts from it's intended meaning.

By the way RG... in English Grammar, '....' , or "...." represents a quote.

Really???

Don't be such an idiot

Did you just call me an 'idiot'?

Don't be such an idiot by demeaning something I hold close to my heart. I've never insulted you in any way...how about you returning the courtesy?

I'm confused. Why would something that is unbiblical be so close to your heart? When someone who claims to be a Christian tries to edify me with a false teaching about scripture, I trash it out my mind instantaneously.

Don't be such an idiot by demeaning something I hold close to my heart. I've never insulted you in any way...how about you returning the courtesy?

You just insulted me. I didn't call you an 'idiot'. Which one of us should really be upset?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:11:31 PM by Robert_G »

Robert_G

« Reply #820 on: May 22, 2020, 11:59:53 AM »

Nah, this thread turned into a joke. I can't believe I got sucked into posting something that I thought would help mediate a level of truce. I'm the biggest idiot and fool.

What do you think is going to happen when you try to mediate a level of truce into a biblical discussion when you are the one contradicting scripture with unbiblical teachings????
I mean....really think about it.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #821 on: May 22, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »

Yep you’re not self righteous at all 🤣🤣🤣

bobby b

« Reply #822 on: May 22, 2020, 12:38:30 PM »

Every bible is missing one page ....

The one that states ..

"The events and characters depicted in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #823 on: May 22, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »

The one that states ..

"The events and characters depicted in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental"

;D ;D

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #824 on: May 22, 2020, 01:08:25 PM »

The one that states ..

I am afraid that is not the case.

There is evidentiary support for the existence for some of the people and events in both testaments.

However, I am not saying this supports some of the fundamental claims made by Judaism or Christianity.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.