Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 157378 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water was still lovely this evening and should continue to be as dry weather is in the forecast. Fished for 30 minutes before dark, float fished with roe and released this one.

https://www.facebook.com/fishingwithrod/videos/2478852232399334

psd1179

• Old Timer

Water was still lovely this evening and should continue to be as dry weather is in the forecast. Fished for 30 minutes before dark, float fished with roe and released this one.

released a fin clipped chinook. :o

fic

• Old Timer

Nice fish. Too dark to use your favorite spoon  ;D

tmac

Got a nice wild coho yesterday morning on a spoon in the lower river.  I was all by myself at my favourite run too.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water continued to clear today, river was not dropping as fast and it's now at a very good level. Fishable everywhere with more than enough water for fish to move through throughout the day. Good abundance of fresh chinook salmon in the lower river at various spots. Good amount of crowd too for a Wednesday but the atmosphere is very positive.

My float never dipped today. Tomorrow!

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Had bad luck today. I hooked into 3 Coho and 1 spring. Lost all 4. Managed 1 Pink to the cooler. That's it.

BladeKid

• Old Timer

Are the pinks still around, and biting?

I'm planning to change things up by taking a few family members out on Saturday who are fairly green to fishing. The springs can be pretty bitey, I know, but I don't think they compare to when pinks are in thick.

I'll be going regardless, but was hoping for some intel to adjust their expectations (as well as mine)

Cheers!

fic

• Old Timer

Are the pinks still around, and biting?

I'm planning to change things up by taking a few family members out on Saturday who are fairly green to fishing. The springs can be pretty bitey, I know, but I don't think they compare to when pinks are in thick.

I'll be going regardless, but was hoping for some intel to adjust their expectations (as well as mine)

Cheers!
I am finding the pinks are not as bitey compared to the last few cycles when they were open to fishing.  It could be there are fewer of them around so they are not as aggressive.  Under-promise, and hopefully over deliver is what I would suggest ;)

Paulo

Heading out tomorrow with the kids. Would like to put my North River seahawk in at Barrowtown and head towards the railway bridge. Don't it plenty of times in the past but first time with this boat. Should be okay for water depth? Outboard engine not jet.

carpman

• I'm a llama!

Trolling works

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Heading out tomorrow with the kids. Would like to put my North River seahawk in at Barrowtown and head towards the railway bridge. Don't it plenty of times in the past but first time with this boat. Should be okay for water depth? Outboard engine not jet.

It's been high. The Sumas at the mouth has been 6 feet average at low tide for weeks now. I saw a guy trolling with a downrigger on Tuesday. Nobody trolling seems to get anything from what I can see. It's been slow for Coho so far but is picking up. Best part of fishing that area are the fresh fish. The worst part is maybe having 2 to 3 hookups in 4 hours. It can be slow. Theres a lot of water and the fish move up fast. Every 20 min someone is rocketing up the Sumas scaring the Coho.

NothingToSnagAbout

Haven't fished the vedder in ages but I used start at lower wilson and work up or down from there. I'm told that you can't park there anymore. Where's do you guys park then? At the rail and walk down, or below at the community centre?

coldfinger

• always thankful

Hike and Fish,  re Trolling, It  does work !  My son and I landed a beauty 15 lb. Spring,  trolling a little pink spoon, no weight / no down riggers , just the spoon,  in the middle of the down pour  last week. We picked it up between the rock and the train bridge. In about 5 ft of water.
Bit of a battle on a light spin caster and 10lbs test!. Just lucky I guess.
CF
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:56:27 AM by coldfinger »

coldfinger

• always thankful

OK, I stand corrected.....my son just informed me it was only a 12lb. spring. I'll admit, I always add a pound or two to make for a good tale.
I'd post a pick if I could figure out how.
CF

coldfinger

• always thankful
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:40:52 PM by coldfinger »