Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heads up Capilano  (Read 3546 times)

MetalAndFeathers

Re: Heads up Capilano
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »

Wall to wall guys with the bump today. One fish bonked all day at cable and not much elsewhere, seals are doing work down there.
I know how to catch fish.......Sometimes.

fishingwithjohn

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »

Fish are just tight lipped thats all...plenty of fish in the system by now...

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 09:26:29 AM »

Yes that was me. Nice picture. That rod was the first rod I ever made and is still in the pile of rods I have but not used in 20+ years. The reel I also still have ( a friend once told me never to get rid of any of your fishing gear) So if you were at Pitt with me then then this is either Carl, Vic or my guess is Mike as we stayed late to finish up the dead pitch. You would have also been there with me when the bear broke into the cabin we were in at the time.

You can send the pictures along as it will be a hoot to see them back when there were almost nobody fishing the upper Pitt River.

RalphH

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »

I'd appreciate any assistance about why the "insert image" function doesn't work for me - I tried the above url in it and nothing happened.

It's not a standard picture file such as a .jpg or .gif. It looks to be a dynamic photo format from a database. Look through your photo server to see if there is a convert of post as jpg or similar function.
"Never force conversation on a stranger. They are probably there just to fish and find solitude. If you ask a question or 2 and receive only answers...and no attempt to keep the conversation going, gracefully follow the implied suggestion and leave the angler alone"
               from " Courtesy and Safety"; Morris and Chan on Fly Fishing Lakes by Brian Chan and Skip Morris

firebird

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 04:13:00 PM »

It's not a standard picture file such as a .jpg or .gif. It looks to be a dynamic photo format from a database. Look through your photo server to see if there is a convert of post as jpg or similar function.
Thank you ... kind of obvious now :-[