Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heads up Capilano  (Read 28193 times)

MetalAndFeathers

Re: Heads up Capilano
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »

Wall to wall guys with the bump today. One fish bonked all day at cable and not much elsewhere, seals are doing work down there.
I know how to catch fish.......Sometimes.

fishingwithjohn

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »

Fish are just tight lipped thats all...plenty of fish in the system by now...

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 09:26:29 AM »

Yes that was me. Nice picture. That rod was the first rod I ever made and is still in the pile of rods I have but not used in 20+ years. The reel I also still have ( a friend once told me never to get rid of any of your fishing gear) So if you were at Pitt with me then then this is either Carl, Vic or my guess is Mike as we stayed late to finish up the dead pitch. You would have also been there with me when the bear broke into the cabin we were in at the time.

You can send the pictures along as it will be a hoot to see them back when there were almost nobody fishing the upper Pitt River.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »

I'd appreciate any assistance about why the "insert image" function doesn't work for me - I tried the above url in it and nothing happened.

It's not a standard picture file such as a .jpg or .gif. It looks to be a dynamic photo format from a database. Look through your photo server to see if there is a convert of post as jpg or similar function.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

firebird

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 04:13:00 PM »

It's not a standard picture file such as a .jpg or .gif. It looks to be a dynamic photo format from a database. Look through your photo server to see if there is a convert of post as jpg or similar function.
Thank you ... kind of obvious now :-[

dobrolub

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 07:18:42 AM »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »

https://youtu.be/SQsg3p424Ko

What really bugs me is that fish stocks were doing fine until the First Nations Peoples showed up.

bobby b

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »

?!?....

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »

What really bugs me is that fish stocks were doing fine until the First Nations Peoples showed up.
That is about the stupidest statement I have seen since I was born. Imagine how many more fish we're in the Cap before non natives built a dam blocking the entire river of any suitable spawning areas. The fish stocks on the Cap are doing just fine,this year had a really good early coho run. BTW first Nations people never showed up, hence the name "FIRST Nations"........
I know how to catch fish.......Sometimes.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »

?!?....
It was sarcasm but I do appreciate that somebody thinks that I said the stupidest thing they've heard since they were born  8)

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »

The title of this tread is appropriate for the following post, brief announcement.

The use of roe in the Capilano is completely out of hand, in some runs more than 50% of the anglers use it.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1719/fishing_synopsis_2017-19_region2.pdf
Bait ban, Aug 1-Oct 31; release all steelhead.

If you chuck guts in the Cap before October 31, 2018, I will take your photograph and I will call DFO.

Sure, nothing might happen right away but after enough time and if others follow suite, eventually the weight of evidence will be enough that DFO will do something.

So you have to ask yourself, "do you feel lucky, well do you"? 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:26:57 PM by Knnn »

avid angler

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »

It's a stupid rule. It's a 100% hatchery system with no fertile gravel. I'm not condoning breaking the rules but with all the poaching on wild, fragile and systems in decline I don't see how it's a good use of a fisheries officers time to hand out petty fines to guys that aren't doing any harm. It's like giving tickets for jay walking. All your going to be doing is pulling the enforcement in the area from rivers like the Squamish where there actually needed. Let's say DFO does do something and everyone stops using roe on the cap. What's been accomplished? A few dozen more fish make it back into the hatchery to be scooped up by the Squamish Nation and sold to Earls.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:29:22 PM by avid angler »

Drewhill

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »

The only thing the bait ban promotes is flossing and snagging. In a run where 10 guys aren't using bait maybe one is actually fishing legit.

RICHARD CRANIUM

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2018, 04:03:00 PM »

Agreed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:07:03 PM by RICHARD CRANIUM »

RICHARD CRANIUM

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »

The title of this tread is appropriate for the following post, brief announcement.

The use of roe in the Capilano is completely out of hand, in some runs more than 50% of the anglers use it.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1719/fishing_synopsis_2017-19_region2.pdf
Bait ban, Aug 1-Oct 31; release all steelhead.

If you chuck guts in the Cap before October 31, 2018, I will take your photograph and I will call DFO.

Sure, nothing might happen right away but after enough time and if others follow suite, eventually the weight of evidence will be enough that DFO will do something.

So you have to ask yourself, "do you feel luck, well do you"?

BRING IT.