Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18  (Read 72343 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »

Leafs lose to Red Wings.
Honestly Leaf fans must be pissed at the 4x this month they have back to back games.
Never seen anything like it.  :o

Leaf advisor walking on very thin ice.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2017, 01:28:09 AM »

Leafs have many talented players on their present roster but one of their greats has passed on. Johnny Bower the stopper with Stanley Cup wins under his belt. He had a great life & long one as he was 93.
RIP.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2017, 10:16:16 PM »

Leafs get a big win. Auston Matthews gets a goal in Arizona. Is this his home state? Think so.
Patrick Marleau gets goals / assit.
Coyotes put up a Johnny Bower picture on the screen which was a class act.
7 goals.
Canucks get 5 goals. They played super.
Travis Green took his gloves off & blasted the players so it sure looks like his players heard his message. 5-2 over the Blackhawks.
Canucks Gagne Boeser Vanek line surely played super.
Beautiful non look back passes & bang it's in.
Canucks literally bottled up Chicago via defense & went on the offence. Steady for 60 minutes. Defense/offence /good goaltending.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »

Maple Leafs vs Vegas the expansion team.
After the 1st period it's 3-0 for the Knights.
Wonder if Chris gave his team lousy advise.
Maybe it's not his fault as he must of told his guys to go to bed early & have a glass of orange juice.
The players gave the signal & sneaked out of their rooms & enjoyed the bright lights of Vegas.
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but if this keeps up at this rate the game will end 9-0 zippo.
Maybe Leafs will wave the white flag with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd period & leave the ice.
Then it should be only 7-0 by then.  ;D
Canucks look very good last night compared to the Leafs so far.
Hey never know what will happen in this game. Matthews & gang may wake up & get the W.
Lots of time left.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »

6-3 final nope TO did not score 6 unanswered goals.
Tale of the tape.
Vegas came out with a flurry at the opening bell.
Toronto mustered a comeback & made a contest out of it but Vegas countered & thus got the big W.
So...Canucks scored 3 goals yesterday & so did TO today. So WT heck what can we say ? Both teams tried but got no cigar.
Leafs do play great at home & fairly good on the road.
Canucks play better on the road & most times stink out the building in Vancouver.
Happy New Year to all on this FWR site!
Including submarine Chris. ( or should put it: Happy New Year to all Canuck & Leaf fans )
Are the Canucks playing Toronto on my birthday...Jan. 6 /18 ? If so...you know what I want as gift on my special day  ;D ;D ;D
If Leafs best the Canucks on my birthday it will really be a downer.  >:( but a WIN ...it will feel like Christmas New Year's  & a Birthday all rolled in one! Celebrate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 03:52:17 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:52 PM »

Leafs' shooting blanks much like Chris' duck hunting skills. :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2018, 07:16:57 PM »

Tomorrow is Jan 6. & it's my birthday.  63yrs old going on 45 mentally. ( some may think 13 ..hey why you think dat .... )  Talk about a set up against myself   :o
Canucks are in the Leaf house. Why does this game have to land on my birthday ( nervous)
There's a big possibility that the Leafs will spoil my party & day.
You just know the Leaf players ,coach & their fans remember that they were robbed in the December game in the City of Vancouver.
They will want pay back with not only a W but they will want to score 5-8 goals in the process.
But somehow if the Canucks can dodge the bullet 2x in a row my emotions & body will not feel aged at all but rather feel even younger & bounce in my steps.
Should Leafs get the W definitely will feel 70 & like ball & chain. Either way at least 1/2 bottle of France Red Wine will be downed. A win & I'll drink it in white collar style if loss blue collar style right from the bottle. No glass needed.
Dun dun da dun dun da dun dun da dun.....this game will feel like a play off game.
Wish the best to the Leafs... Shake my hand. ( oh wait till my other hand hoes behind my back with fingers crossed ) Bannon puts out his expose book on Trump then he says the next day " Trump is a great man "
Kidding aside think the Leafs are much a better team than the Canucks at this point in time.
In other words: my 63 birthday will be a dud. Bad news.
Taking me forever to type this as it's Canada vs Sweden. Posts hit by both teams.
Both teams playing good but Sweden looks to have an edge in chances.   

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2018, 08:12:38 PM »

Canucks will be giving A-BOATER a nice birthday gift.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2018, 08:34:52 PM »

Happy birthday A-BOATER! I spoke to the team today and got a guarantee they'll pull this on off for your birthday. I'm also working on getting that chunk of Joe Thornton beard Kadri pulled out for you,
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:38:13 PM by Novabonker »
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2018, 10:02:59 PM »

Yep about 2 hrs to go & it's my birthday.
After reading you guys ( FA & Nova ) responses about the Canucks beating the Leafs tomorrow I feel a lot better now.
In fact I better change my opionion. From Leafs will more than likely beat the Canucks to: The leafs have zero chance to win  ;D
( well...even a tie after reg. time will do...means a pt in the standings. Maybe the pt that allows them to enter the playoffs ) 

Go Canucks Go Go Canucks Go Leafs down down down Canucks up up & away ! With a big S on their jersey. Super Canucks!
EDIT IN:thanks for the Birthday greetings :) closer to heaven every year.
Last year said I should lose a few lbs. this year let's see ...what what what Oh ya ...got lose a few more lbs ( even more than last yr.  >:(
Who can I blame for that. Not me surely.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:09:18 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

Know lots of people in Manitoba so after talk talk talk time time time & getting caught behind on my plans on this birthday finally got to tune in to THE GAME. 3 minutes gone by.
No score. Oh no "injury." Puck in the face is it?  Stan the steamer & Trevor up in the box.
The war has started.
Will I get my birthday gift or will the Leafs destroy my special day in more ways than one.
FA Nova & me & other fans know your cheer on the Canucks !!! Go Canucks Go Go Canucks Go..

Submarine Chris must have his periscope up looking in on this game. :)
Big stop on Martin by Markstrom. cupcakes...my heart nearly stopped.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:30:29 PM by A-BOATER »

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2018, 05:33:25 PM »

Happy birthday AB

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »

Sorry ABs but Markstrom's got to go. Oh, well. A point is a point.
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2018, 07:32:55 PM »

Sorry ABs but Markstrom's got to go. Oh, well. A point is a point.
Revenge from the previous matchup. I guess we better go to TO next time. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2018, 07:38:51 PM »

Revenge from the previous matchup. I guess we better go to TO next time. ;D ;D ;D

It was collusion between the NHL, officials and the Leaves. Gary Bettman should be jailed.

Happy Birthday A-BOATER. Many happy returns. The upside is that the Canucks picked up a point. Pour yourself another glass of wine and enjoy.