Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18  (Read 72389 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2018, 07:47:12 PM »

Happy birthday AB
Thank you ! & to all for the greetings/best wishes on my birthday.
Well I was hoping for at least a point in this game & the Canucks did get it.
Honestly I hoped to watch this game closely & concentrate but too many distractions.
Meal, conversation, plus a phone call from across the ocean so had to go to a quiet room & talk.
That was during the 3rd period when that call came. It was 2-0. When I returned to the game a Leaf just scored. So I thought it must be 2-1 Canucks.
WHAT !!!!! The score turned out to be 2-2.
Yep Maple Leafs scored 2 times when I was on the phone  >:

Thought the Canucks had good energy & Maple Leafs looked kinda sluggish in the 1st & 2nd period.
But when a team has it 2-0 in the 3rd & the way the game was going thought the Canucks had this game in the bag. Going to have to watch the highlights to see those 2 Leaf goals.
( gee what a time to get a phone call from over seas )
Congrads to the Leafs & all Leaf fans ( Chris )
Honestly happy with the point but not happy that I missed at least 1/2 this game via distractions.
Now on with the show...no red wine yet.
EDIT IN: Chris & FA you guys posted while I was creating my post.
As mentioned Chris congrads on the win !
FA thanks for greetings !
Hey seeing Chris & FA make your views known & other guys Nova & Noah's Ark make my night extra special.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:53:29 PM by A-BOATER »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2018, 08:38:39 PM »

)
Congrads to the Leafs & all Leaf fans ( Chris )

It;s a lonely place to be a Leafs fan. ;) ;D
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »

It was collusion between the NHL, officials and the Leaves. Gary Bettman should be jailed.

Happy Birthday A-BOATER. Many happy returns. The upside is that the Canucks picked up a point. Pour yourself another glass of wine and enjoy.
The day after & letting the dust settle down FA makes some hood points. Let's not give the Leafs any credit  :)
Actually re watched the game in the am when I could concentrate. Just had to talk to too many people here & mostly on the phone.
Thought both teams played a very clean fought & good energy game. Both teams had good chances ,both goalies made good saves, but Markstrom does gives up juicy rebounds which does lead to trouble.
Canucks had chances to make it 3-0 near break away & shot from the slot, plus in OT a shot hit the post & crossbar ( or crossbar & post )
Actually it was a game that both teams could of won in regulation time. Thought TO would really dominate this game but the Canucks were rested & they skated hard,so Leafs played it smart & played the same style, good position hockey checking & trying to score.
Great game.
Leaf fans should be proud of their team. Hopefully the Canucks don't get lazy but keep playing hard.
Coaches need the team to know that they are the jockey & the players the horse.
If the horse runs hard the jockey does not need to hit the horse on the rump with the stick. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2018, 06:57:21 PM »

Leafs blows a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 in overtime. The advisor is on the hunt for a goalie instead of ducks.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2018, 04:16:41 AM »

Leafs blows a 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 in overtime. The advisor is on the hunt for a goalie instead of ducks.
God is merciful & forgiving...full of grace.
But what happened here after they were ahead 2-0...is just plain unforgivable  :)
Coach is going to be giving his team the ABCs during practise...we must learn from this( sports report )
Players more than likely will think ...that's hockey. They kept pressing & the puck went into the net.  (3x) water under the bridge the players think thus they are focusing on the next game.
A pt is a pt.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »

Leafs lose again, this time to the lowly Ottawa Senators which lost last night 8-2. Leaf advisor is on the chopping block.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »

A)Miss Universe is : then Steve Harvey says there was a mistake. He announces the correct winner !!!
B) In Hollywood they announce the winning movie, only to say they made a mistake. The winning movie is ....
C) yesterday in Hawaii a warning was given to the population : in coming missile. Seek shelter. This is not a drill. People ran like ants...swimming pool swimmers exited quick. Global BC reporter is on vacation there.
D) but nothing has shocked N America more than this :
Maple Leafs Stanley Cup favourited by Vegas experts in 2017/18 season.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »

D) but nothing has shocked N America more than this :
Maple Leafs Stanley Cup favourited by Vegas experts in 2017/18 season.  ;D

As one prominent politicians would say: "We shall see"

arimaBOATER

« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2018, 08:23:50 PM »

Well there's a chance.
A chance that a person wins when the marble is thrown in that turning wheel gambling game.
Slim chance in that game.
Wow great come back by the Canucks 2 pts.
Some Canucks play with heart day in & out. Reminds me of Cliff Ronning or Stan the Steamer or Andre Boudria Super Pest or Pavel Bure the Russian Rocket.
Canucks to win Stanley Cup is more of Blackjack odds. Better % than Leafs marble wheel game odds
Rollet game or whatever it is.    8)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »

Moving up the standings. Making the Canucks great again. ;)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

That's the way Markstrom needs to play. He was more than acceptable. The Stars looked tired at the end, but 2 wins in a row is 2 wins in a row. It also helped that they did some serious checking instead of some serious getting out of the way. I'd like to see Biega get some more time on the ice because he plays with a bit of an edge and that's something that's been missing from the team for a few years.Liistened to a story about Toronto needing defensemen today and there was a pic of a Canucks jersey...... Gudbranson and Spicolli,um, Ericcson  ;D. Seriously, somebody needs to tell Ericcson that his haircut looks like he styles it with an upright vacuum cleaner and a corn broom. You'd think at 6 million a year he might be able to spend a little at a barber shop.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:29:28 PM by Novabonker »
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2018, 04:10:27 AM »

Nova gee I missed this game. Canucks on a bit of a roll. Your right about the haircut. Looks untidy at best. Like just got out of the bed look.
Yep Markstrom is the #1 guy now. He just needed a boot in the butt by the coach.
Some guys do not play well unless they get ordered too.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:44 PM »

What happened to the mighty Make Beliefs ? They must still be on their break as they lost their 4th straight. It would seem the team has tuned out their advisor.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »

What happened to the mighty Make Beliefs ? They must still be on their break as they lost their 4th straight. It would seem the team has tuned out their advisor.
FA did you notice when Chris posts on his Leafs on this site they get more wins.
But on the other hand since he has slowed his comments the Leafs have been in tail spin.
Tail spin = down down down...
And continuing on that idea as we Canuck supporters post our views here, the team has showed much much improvement.
Keep those posts flowing so the Canucks will get more W's
As the posts go, so does the team A) Leafs B) Canucks.
Oddly these are the only two teams that are affected by posts to this site. More posts more wins less posts less wins....
Simple as that. And it's totally scientific proven & logical ( BS ) theory.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2018, 03:14:38 PM »

Submarine Chris only surfaces when his team wins.  :D Leafs are in a funk and what does the advisor do ? He goes fishing, plays badminton and hunt for ducks. SAD !