Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18  (Read 74608 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »

Continue to rack up the points once again tonight. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2018, 07:18:01 PM »

How many ducks did you rack up ? ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »

Racked up another point tonight. :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:58 PM »

Racked up another point tonight. :D
That sure is not the whole story.
Canucks leading 4-1 ...lose 5-4.
Avs scored on 90% on the power play. Unreal !
Our backup goalie honestly is the pits.
Get Bachman in there next game. Markstrom is injured.
Bachman plays the angles  & you can sense he concentrates well. He had good reflexes. Wish they would give him a 5 game try. If he does well,let him be the #1 or in the lest have a 50/50 workload with Markstrom. Canuck fans are satisfied with baby food because they are the pits. Players do not have chemistry.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2018, 12:40:01 AM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

arimaBOATER

« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Oh yes ...Canucks racked up another point.  ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »

Leafs are getting a lot of points/wins.
Canucks are out of it in more ways than 1. Out of playoffs & only give effort in 1/4 games. 3 games they just try to make it look good. Possum. Gee they even spray water on their face from the water bottle. Fans will think it's sweat. Sneaky ah !  :o
Cheer on the great Canadian Leaf team. Even has the Maple Leaf symbol on jersey. Canadian flag.
All our sons command. ( like old version )

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2018, 01:38:52 PM »

So SAD I'm teary eyed  ;D
Maybe the Leafs & Chris are playing rope-A-dope. That trick Ali did to Foreman.
Ali let Foreman pound him on the ropes for a few rounds & George tired. Then Ali knocked him out or TKO.  Leafs are losing a few games on purpose & as such other teams will take them lightly...then watch out. I always say advisors always have many tricks & feed crocs raw chicken with a long stick.
In other words do not trust a croc & do not trust tricky submarine Chris.
Then you sleep near crocs or tricky advisors only close one eye.  ;D

you think Babcock plays his team to lose????   Lou would roast him....you think players want to lose...it affects their next contract....this is not logical...its a muliti million dollar business...just my .02...I don't post here often...but I had to today...gl on the rebuild 'Nuks...sad to see the twins retire...but they had a good run!!

Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

arimaBOATER

« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2018, 08:31:45 PM »

you think Babcock plays his team to lose????   Lou would roast him....you think players want to lose...it affects their next contract....this is not logical...its a muliti million dollar business...just my .02...I don't post here often...but I had to today...gl on the rebuild 'Nuks...sad to see the twins retire...but they had a good run!!
mojoman yes I believe your right. Good points. You challenged my ideas & ya know your right.
FA & Chris never will change their opinions even if they are wrong!!!!
They are bull headed stubborn as h_ _ _. That's why they hardly post anymore. They battled each other so viciously like two big bulls that they wore themselves out. Now they are like ostriches with heads in sand.  ;D ;D ;D ( ::) )
Twins & gang were just one win away from the Stanley Cup in game 7 in Vancouver. Plus were up 2 games to zippo.
Three things that changed the series were Barrows is that his name? Traded to Ottawa Sens. In game two he was accused of biting a Boston player 's finger. Alex denied it. That gave the Bruins a reason to get rough house & play extra physical ( chip on their shoulder ) & the Canucks had no answer. In Boston  Sedin was punched in the face 4-5 times with a glove before the face off & the ref called No  Penalty!!!!!!
Plus Luongo stopped the puck & was laying on the crease area. A Bruin with his skates & stick pushed Luongo into the net with the puck. Ref counted it a goal !!!!!!
Canucks needed to give tic for tak. Bruins got physical with hits & stick work  & Canucks should of nailed the bruin player in the boards if the opportunity presented itself. When sticked give it back.
NHL refs were so one sided in some games. Unreal.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:34:40 PM by A-BOATER »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »

Abs, I couldn't agree more with that post if I wrote it myself. The refs were disgustingly biased and lost any form or semblance of fair play or enforcement of the basic rules. It looked like they hired the refs from WWE. They were quite simply jobbed. I remember working downtown on the day of game 7 and you could just feel the undercurrent of trouble brewing.Mayor McSmoothie inviting the herds to come on down was just icing on the cake. But it was one heck of a roller coaster ride.
http://

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2018, 06:25:46 PM »

mojoman yes I believe your right. Good points. You challenged my ideas & ya know your right.
FA & Chris never will change their opinions even if they are wrong!!!!
They are bull headed stubborn as h_ _ _. That's why they hardly post anymore. They battled each other so viciously like two big bulls that they wore themselves out. Now they are like ostriches with heads in sand.  ;D ;D ;D ( ::) )
Twins & gang were just one win away from the Stanley Cup in game 7 in Vancouver. Plus were up 2 games to zippo.
Three things that changed the series were Barrows is that his name? Traded to Ottawa Sens. In game two he was accused of biting a Boston player 's finger. Alex denied it. That gave the Bruins a reason to get rough house & play extra physical ( chip on their shoulder ) & the Canucks had no answer. In Boston  Sedin was punched in the face 4-5 times with a glove before the face off & the ref called No  Penalty!!!!!!
Plus Luongo stopped the puck & was laying on the crease area. A Bruin with his skates & stick pushed Luongo into the net with the puck. Ref counted it a goal !!!!!!
Canucks needed to give tic for tak. Bruins got physical with hits & stick work  & Canucks should of nailed the bruin player in the boards if the opportunity presented itself. When sticked give it back.
NHL refs were so one sided in some games. Unreal.

Leafs are in the same boat...Polack and Martin are the only sandpaper...it'll be tough for the Buds...

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

arimaBOATER

« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »

At 8pm tonight ( minutes away ) a SportsNet on the boob tube is having a Stanley Cup Playoffs rewind.
May 13 / 2013 Leafs leading 4-1 in the 3rd period looked like they would win the series 4 games to 3.
But......guess this shocking event will have the Leafs in 2018 to play a full 60 minute game.
Painful to watch for Leafs fans but it may be a good lesson to learn thus help them out in this present time.
Edit: the tv info says it's the Leafs/Boston 2013 but it's the Oilers vs Jets many moons ago. My guess 89 or 1990 ?????
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:17:26 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »

Leaves got smoked again by Boston. Anderson surrendered 3 goals on his first 5 shots. No wonder the Leaf advisor is noticeable by his silence. ;)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »

yeah, I don't think Chris is taking this well ...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »

yeah, I don't think Chris is taking this well ...

That will explain why Chris is sprouting a beard. He may want to go into the Witness Protection Program when the Leafs are eliminated. ;D