Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18  (Read 74479 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2018, 03:30:11 PM »

That will explain why Chris is sprouting a beard. He may want to go into the Witness Protection Program when the Leafs are eliminated. ;D
I see FA is in his play off form of knocking the Leafs. Ouch.
Well there may be a light in the darkness as the Leafs next games are at home.
Coach says that the Leafs have to relax more & not be so up tight.
Pres. GM & coach look anything but relaxed looking at their faces whenever the camera focuses on them.
What was that in game 1 ?  cupcakes stirrer Boston player putting his face right up to Leafs neck area???????
Some Leaf guys said that it was hard to watch !!!!
On other games ...Knights vs Kings Super played games. Kings are physical but Knights just play their fast game the entire way. They are not fearful of the Kings.  Quick has played great & near flawless goaltending. If he played average Vegas would have 5-6 goals per game & score one sided.
Tonight game is in LA. Should be a great game. Vegas goalie playing very well but looks shaky at times in stopping the puck. He makes the first save so his defense has been clearing the puck out of harms way.
Actually FA has mentioned how Chris has not supported his Leafs on this tread & maybe just maybe the Leafs have got wind of this fact & they feel the affects. Our advisor has nothing good to say about us Leafs. He no longer believes in us. A win just may get the wind back in their leaf sails.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2018, 04:50:57 PM »

If Chris is interested, I can book a tee off time with the Swedish twins  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1TRXOPL_vU
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:52:38 PM by Fish Assassin »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »

The music the twins swaying to the beat ...gotta love it !
Leafs better be better in game 3 & 4 or else they will be playing golf with the twins.  ;D
LA tonight threw everything including the kitchen sink at Vegas but the Knights just keep playing hard.
LA seemed to get winded in the 3rd & knights scored 3 goals & got ahead 3-1. Then 3-2 in the late stages & time ran out. 3 games for Knights & zero got LA Kings.
Finally Quick let in 3 goals.
In the past I was not a fan of Fleury the goalie. With the Pens he would have many melt downs.
But with the Knights he is like radar making the first saves & his D is clearing away the rebounds.
Knights have 99% N American hard nose players & one European I believe.
Canucks & Leafs get some hard nose Canadian hockey players who play a 60 minute buzz saw game.
99% Canadian roster.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:44 PM »

Leafs win !!! Toronto got their star players to change the tide in this one. From their forwards to goalie who made super stops. Boston out shot the Leafs. Leafs skated hard.
Now it's a series. Ducks are not doing so well against the Sharks.
Tomorrow Knights will try to sweep LA. Should be another great game. Hope Vegas up 3-0 in the series does not let up. Sometimes when teams are leading 3 games to zippo the 4 th game they come out with a poor effort. & then it 's 3-1 in games. Kinds like a team goes flat in the 4th game.
Even if LA wins make them work for the W.
Jets & Wild tomorrow as well. Honestly I'm cheering on Vegas because these guys play great hockey.
They just work so so hard & they take & give out hits.
They play skilled  & clean hard nose hockey. If a team gets physical against them they return it.