Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18  (Read 72373 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: The Leaf Thread For 2017 - 18
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »

Chris is taking the loss very hard. Hope he's doing OK

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2017, 06:44:10 AM »

He will find a few tins and floats today so all will be well .... until the next Leaf loss.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2017, 11:03:55 AM »

Game kinda reminder me of the movie "The Perfect Storm".
Canucks made it to port. Leafs did not.
It had that Grey Cup/Stanley Cup pressure build up & the game did not disappoint.
Janitor rink staff rumoured that there were soiled pampers in the garbage cans.
From Leaf or Canuck fans ? Looked like 1/2 the crowd had a Leaf Jersey on.
More fans to share the loss. Less pain when it spread to so many.  ;D
Leaf player gets the puck & shoots wide. ( why because the Canucks D was checking so well & in position the Leaf players knew they had no time to set up...so they rushed their shot attempt. Other times the Leaf player missed the pass because of the same reason )

Canucks from their forwards defence & goalie played a near perfect game. Markstrom played 5 STARS.
Next day Sunday for some reason got into the Christmas season frame of mind  ;D
Hope the Leaf / Calgary game is on the boob tube.
See if the Leafs pot in 4-5 goals this time. Smith the Flames goalie is a so so stopper in my books.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:06:00 AM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »

Another win for the boys tonight and a shutout to boot. Rebuilding coming along nicely.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

Another win for the boys tonight and a shutout to boot. Rebuilding coming along nicely.
Never tired to hear the good news about the Canucks ! Great factual post FA.
We don't want to hear any propaganda about the "leaves."
Submarine Chris took the BAIT  ;D
Tell Chris to do something & he'll do opposite.
Tell him to go & he'll come.
Tell him to come & he'll go.
That's why he hardly posts on his Leafs anymore. ( he posts like crazy on the discussion forum )
We requested & facilitated his opinion so he got quiet.
He took the BAIT.  ;D
& of course imagine travelling all the way to Vancouver & paying big bucks to watch the game of the year & Leafs only pissed their pants. Hollywood could not have written a better story. That's about as sad as going to a wine tasting event & there's only water in the glasses.
Viva the Canucks.
Infact with the table top hockey game the Canucks beat the Leafs everyday.
( do not read: think the Leafs will really take it to Calgary ...do not let Chris know my true thoughts )   
Let's not hear any crap on the Leafs but keep those positive truthful posts on the Canucks.
Viva the Canucks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:42:05 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2017, 09:19:05 PM »

If Markstrom did not play great the Leafs would of best the Canucks a few nights ago. Tonight surprisingly the Leafs came out rather flat against the Flames but Anderson the TO stopper played "SUPER" & stole 2 pts. Stopper sure gave his employer ( Leafs brass their $$$ worth )
Congrads to Leafs ( & to Chris .... maybe he's cracking a little smile after tonight ).  :)
Canucks are looking really good lately. All their lines are going plus Markstrom is so focused.
Smooth running machine Canucks are. No tune up needed.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2017, 07:06:23 AM »

I'm hoping Horvat's injury isn't serious. He's so versatile on the penalty kill and with that offensive skill set, there's a big pair of skates to fill.  .
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2017, 01:10:48 PM »

I'm hoping Horvat's injury isn't serious. He's so versatile on the penalty kill and with that offensive skill set, there's a big pair of skates to fill.  .

Were you able to acquire Mitch Marner for a bag of pucks and pizza ? ;D

Horvat out for 6 weeks with a fractured ankle.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »

Were you able to acquire Mitch Marner for a bag of pucks and pizza ? ;D

Horvat out for 6 weeks with a fractured ankle.

Ouch.Burmistrov doesn't have what it takes.

No I couldn't come to terms with Chris - he wanted pepperoni on the pizza and the final offer was cheese only. ;)
My son got
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:27:36 PM by Novabonker »
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Hope Horvat does not become injury prone as Bure became with his knee.
Knee problem then Bure rebilited only to have his skate go into a crack in the ice & twist the knee (re injure & basically take him out of hockey too early in his career like Bobby Orr. )
Imagine a puck hit him in the ankle? Or skated too hard & hurt it ?
As FA stated 6 wks or another tv report said week to week..whatever that means.
Hope he heals 100% as nothing worse skating in pain.
Canucks lose to the Flyers. Bump in the road. ( maybe by design as a team does not want too many wins as it adds extra pressure. Like the Stampers winning nearly all their games only to lose in the big one ) Canucks goal is to make the playoffs & then turn up the "heat" 16 wins = Cup.

EDIT IN this update : just heard on the tv news that Seattle may be in the NHL in 2020/21 season.
That's good as the Canucks will play there & thus less air miles in total. Seattle very close.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:54:45 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2017, 09:31:31 PM »

Leafs's back up goalie gets a shut out ( stopped over 40 shots. ) Leafs potting in the goals & their tandem goalie pair keeping out the puck from their net. Oilers had a long 2 man advantage & zippo.
Leafs are playing like winners. Winning & talented minus the fat head. They are truly at the moment the go go team !
Give the Canuck player(s ) good press & sadly they get drunk & starry eyed for a few weeks cloud 9.
Matthews is a great example of being level headed & cool. He plays great every game.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »

Leafs's back up goalie gets a shut out ( stopped over 40 shots. ) Leafs potting in the goals & their tandem goalie pair keeping out the puck from their net. Oilers had a long 2 man advantage & zippo.
Leafs are playing like winners. Winning & talented minus the fat head. They are truly at the moment the go go team !
Give the Canuck player(s ) good press & sadly they get drunk & starry eyed for a few weeks cloud 9.
Matthews is a great example of being level headed & cool. He plays great every game.

You're beginning to sound like the Leaf advisor. ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2017, 10:45:24 PM »

You're beginning to sound like the Leaf advisor. ;)
Well if Chris has cold feet to cheer on the Leafs on this public forum so decided to be non bias & be the one to mention something positive on the leaves oops I meant to say Leafs.
Then let the Leaf haters respond  ;D
Mind you & nevertheless my Christmas wish is the Canucks play more aggressive to get wins & get on a roll.
They are good very good at times but then they kinda slack off & go into a cool down mode.
Canucks when they decide to play good they can dominate a team for the entire game.
If Chris decides to start posting on his Leafs then I'll just get back to only cheering on the Canucks. Chris is the true fan but I am just calling what I see. Strike ...ball....
But at the moment the Leafs are going up up up the Canucks down down down....( maybe the Canucks should use more backhand shots like the old day hockey players did. Flames scored 2 goals from the backhand )

arimaBOATER

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »

Leafs lose to Flyers & Canucks lose to Nashville.
Leafs & Canucks have key injuries thus not surprised.
Teams must bounce back to get out of their losing mini streak.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »

Leafs lose to Flyers & Canucks lose to Nashville.
Leafs & Canucks have key injuries thus not surprised.
Teams must bounce back to get out of their losing mini streak.
Leafs lose to Red Wings.
Honestly Leaf fans must be pissed at the 4x this month they have back to back games.
Never seen anything like it.  :o