Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coming soon to Langley  (Read 44815 times)

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
Re: coming soon to Langley
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »

Rick - are you guys carrying any fly tying materials ???

TONS of materials. 4 full Aisles of Tying supplies.

There are many things that are still coming in, we just got 4 more HUGE boxes of tying supplies in today.

Hope to see a bunch of you at the Grand Opening. If you come, make sure to introduce yourself to me, I look forward to putting faces to the names.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »

the fly tying section is rather impressive i must say. the whole store is pretty cool. Id recommend people stop in for a look.
though as impressive as it all is, i find the knowledge i get from local tackle shops outweighs the selection at WSS.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »

hey Bassonator, I could take your 25yr old daughter out fishing  ;) LOL it sounds like you dont fish enough for her liking anyways and i fish all the time  ;D

I will be going to check out the Grand Opening, when is the question because i dont know what shift i will be yet. I may actually be able to convince the boss to go take a look this weekend but im thinking i might get a big fat NO instead LOL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »

Trust me you dont wanna, on her first Pink outing she outfished dad 7 to 1......Im still humbled...lol

Ill be there for the opening too...The wife will tag along and she,ll prolly let me buy something thats under $10 lol....damn I hate women with wallet control...lol...looking for a new noodle rod so hopefully Ill find one.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:20:57 AM by Bassonator »
Take the T out of Morton.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2010, 08:38:24 AM »

mine only gets into wallet control mode when im looking to spend $100 or more  ;) she almost sh** a brick when i brought home that Simms jacket from TNT  :o she thought i went and bought it and she knew how much it cost !!!!

I have no problem with someone out fishing me. I have taken out many people fishing and gotten them into more fish then myself. Its all about the experience not about fish numbers  ;D just this past weekend i was at a lake and doing very well, anyone that came over to ask what i was using i gladly told and even handed out several flies to those that had nothing similar, its just the way i am.
Check out our new blog

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »

I have no problem with someone out fishing me. I have taken out many people fishing and gotten them into more fish then myself. Its all about the experience not about fish numbers  ;D just this past weekend i was at a lake and doing very well, anyone that came over to ask what i was using i gladly told and even handed out several flies to those that had nothing similar, its just the way i am.
not many guys would even think of doing something like that...  i like the "Its all about the experience not about fish numbers  ;D " most guys i see are straight meat fisherman...  see you on the flow one day hook...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:13:05 PM by tight-lines »
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »

"Its all about the experience not about fish numbers  ;D"

it's quality, not quantity  :P

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2010, 12:38:01 AM »

trust me Tight lines. if i wanna go out there and just pound fish to the beach it can be done however i have evolved past that a long time ago and now enjoy just being out there with good friends in even better surroundings. I have a fairly wide base of fishing buddies but the group just keeps getting bigger  ;D I do however have my solid regulars LOL
Check out our new blog

yamadirt 426

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »

I went by the store today and as i was walking in my buddy noticed that the folks walking out had nothing in there hand. Well I got inside and found out why. No low prices. All prices are the same or more than you can find at a smaller store. The store itself is impressive as its the first around of its kind, its just i expected with our stronger dollar and their buying power better prices. When will these guys get through there head if the price is right more will sell. I just happen to have some cash in my pocket but it stayed there. I give them under 2 yrs unless something changes.

k.c.

• A bad day fishing beats a good day working
    • west coast bass anglers
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »

I agree "WHOLESALE" is kind of a decieving name, not any deals at all. I can get the same prices at my local tackle store http://www.hatchmatchr.com/ and if i am giong to cross the bridge i think i will stick with Army and Navy. Best of luck
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:54:18 AM by k.c. »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »

did you guys not understand Rick when he said the prices would be "comparable" to other shops in the area ??

Do you expect them to be dumping their merchandise for alot cheaper then all the shops and put the little guy out of business ??

I myself looked through their catalogue that a guy at work had. I saw alot of good deals on stuff and alot that i could get cheaper from my local guys. This is the way it should be i think because if they under cut everyone then we would all bitch about the big box store killing off the little guy, like you all did about Army & Navy a year or two ago.

as consumers its best FOR US to have as many options open to us so we can get the best price for ourselves and like i said before, Im sure i can get alot of stuff at my local shop cheaper because of my relationship there however i may look to buy bigger purchases elsewhere  :o

Check out our new blog

Bill

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »

I give them under 2 yrs unless something changes. give them under 2 yrs unless something changes.

I agree :o

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2010, 07:16:30 PM »

i doubt they will be hurting for business. but most of the smaller stuff was the same or sometimes more than local stores...but if you look at a lot of the bigger ticket items, you can get a better price than most stores are willing to offer
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

yamadirt 426

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »

I will go back there again and im sure I will buy something but even the big stuff. My buddy just last month bought 2 inflatable vests , the best scotty elect downrigger and some folding table for about $300 less than they were asking. I guess  if you know where the deals are. I still like the store and wish them well I was expecting them to be at least 5% under the competiton at least for now then bump up the prices. At least they should let people barter abit with them our match other stores prices. We'll see.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:08:57 AM by yamadirt 426 »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2010, 08:23:13 PM »

I really hope the staff in the fishing department step up their customer service  >:( My dad and step mom were in there on Saturday and all the staff in the fishing dept. just walked right by HER to help the male customers. She was looking to buy something and was waiting to ask some questions. Finally she grabbed my dad and then *poof* a guy to help showed up  ::) they also had a couple other bad experiences while there which i am not going to explain but if i had been there there sure as hell would have been complaints filed  >:(

I will be heading to the store this weekend (opening weekend) to take a look and see what Grand Opening deals there are. If i see any bad service i will be speaking up thats for sure, will also be having a chat with Rick about the guy they dealt with because they got his name  ::)

So far im not hearing good things guys at Wholesale (tisk tisk) this had better change quickly or you will be going bye bye i think
Check out our new blog