Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coming soon to Langley  (Read 44591 times)

joska

• Old Timer
coming soon to Langley
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/edmontonsouth.ep

wholesale sports is opening soon here in langley... just what i need another place to spend the pay check... i can hear the girlfriend complaining already...
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

bklem

Re: coming soon to Langley
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:20:07 PM »

too bad it isn't sooner. lol

ssd0904

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »

Pretty awsome  ;D

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

The new manager is one this forum, but i dont think he wants me to tell everyone  :P  ;D

fish2much

• It's all about how you wiggle the worm
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »

As much fun as there will be walking around in that store, my first choice will always be the local tackle shop (The guy involved in the community, the guy who starts fishing clubs in schools, the guy that knows me by name................etc).  I am not at all apposed to Wholesale sports coming to langley but would hate to see the little guy get put out of business.  I myself will only make purchases at the big box store if I can't get it from the local guy.
Just my opinion

CameronT120

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »

As much fun as there will be walking around in that store, my first choice will always be the local tackle shop (The guy involved in the community, the guy who starts fishing clubs in schools, the guy that knows me by name................etc).  I am not at all apposed to Wholesale sports coming to langley but would hate to see the little guy get put out of business.  I myself will only make purchases at the big box store if I can't get it from the local guy.
Just my opinion

And a good opinion it is!  I fully agree.

Sea Nymph

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »

From what I hear the prices at Wholesale Sports in Canada are pretty comparible to other tackle stores, the only advantage they may have is selection. As long as the local tackle stores provide the great service and advise I don't think they have too much to worry about. I always support Sea-Run as they do the little extras and provide great service even though Walmart is less than 5 min away and a little cheaper. Just my 2 bits

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »

The new manager is one this forum, but i dont think he wants me to tell everyone  :P  ;D

If the manager can email me at info@fishingwithrod.com that would be great, so we can discuss what he needs to do to get the store up on the website.

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »

correction, Manager of the fishing department  :-\

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »

Well for any store owner in the fishing tackle business, it never seems to stop. Survived one of the worst recessions, and knowing this summer that the HST will make things even tougher to make a living and now this. Wholesale Sports has done their homework, and realize that there is an opening in the lower mainland for a store such as theirs.  Couple that with the larger buying power the big box stores have, and it gets that much harder to make a living as an outdoor sports store. One positive for consumers is that you should see much improved customer service at all other existing stores, and very competitive pricing.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »

im have a bad feeling that we may see Galilee Fly & Tackle go under. I think they have been doing alright competing with A&N but to compete with 2 big stores within minutes of them !!
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »

Just my opinion

I fully agree.. I will still go and hang out at Galilee fly & tackle for a few hours a week.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 10:04:44 PM »

im have a bad feeling that we may see Galilee Fly & Tackle go under. I think they have been doing alright competing with A&N but to compete with 2 big stores within minutes of them !!

--in kamloops after initial run to wholesale sports the local shops that were good before wholesale sports are still around and doing well.
--In fact some extra busness as people from out of town stop in to or from their wholesale sports shoping.
--I havent' been in Galilee but if they have what their current customers want and work hard to bring quality products and services they could benefit from the extra traffic.

--I always support my local shop so just remember guys is it worth saving a few pennies on some common items if it means your local shop goes under.

fish fishburn

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:41 AM »

Girlfriends have no right to complain about your fishing expenditures. Now the wife, thats another story. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:31 AM »

........     and knowing this summer that the HST will make things even tougher to make a living ............

;D ;D ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[