Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WA state fishing license?  (Read 4464 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
WA state fishing license?
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:47:31 AM »

How does a non-resident go about getting a license for WA?

I'm looking to head down to Mt Baker next weekend and would like to try a lovely lake that I saw last time I was there.   Online seems to require a bunch of US specific info.  Is there somewhere along the road to Baker that might have licenses for sale?

Thanks!

gofishon

Re: WA state fishing license?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »

I have purchased mine at Yeager's on Northwest in Bellingham. There are lots of places within 20 miles of the border where you can pick one up. Use the vendor search. There is lots of info on line.  http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/index.html Just look at nonresident column. Good luck

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »

How does a non-resident go about getting a license for WA?

I'm looking to head down to Mt Baker next weekend and would like to try a lovely lake that I saw last time I was there.   Online seems to require a bunch of US specific info.  Is there somewhere along the road to Baker that might have licenses for sale?

Thanks!

Walmart

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »

You can get it online, and print off  your temp license and in a week or two will send you your regular one.  If you're not planning to fish for salmon or steelhead shouldn't be a problem.  There's also a link showing you where you can purchase licenses to (vendor list).

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/

Check the site and read the info first however just to make sure this will meet your needs.  Some places require a special fishing parking permit (free with your purchase) that you are required to display when fishing so you may want to get one in person but if you're only fishing a lake with an existing day use/rec site, it may not be an issue.
President Club S. C. & P.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:16:28 AM »

Thanks all,

I'm thinking of trying to wet a line up at Twin  Lakes near Mount Baker.

Snow/Ice is apparently JUST coming off.

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »

I have been fishing more and more down in the states with a lot of success. I have purchased my fishing licenses from wall mart since it is open 24 hours. I have also hit the fishing store which is located off mt vernon exit 230. A great store!
As well i have bought it on line but you can print off a temporary one and then they will send you the real deal. Dont forget to keep your license and mail it to fisheries after you are done. ( i think thats law).

On a different note, i have fished the skagit and cowlitz for steelhead with a lot of success. I am planning on heading down to the cowlitz again this year.
A couple of weeks ago i was camping with my family at deception pass and fished a pond called cranberry lake. every time i went out my kids and niece they hooked into four rainbows (one hour of fishing each time). i was told that there are browns that are over 20 inches in that lake.

in all situations, i didn't have to drive more than 3 hours to get to the fishing spot, cheap accomodations and cheap beer. you can't beat that! on top of that the license isn't that expensive.

Planning on exploring more down in washington.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

golferturnedfisher

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »

daves in lyden great little store, if ur heading up to mt baker check for sockeye in the river ive heard great reports

Duffs

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:03 PM »

I fished in Washington and Oregon for the last 5 years and WDFW has been running a good site for online licensing during that entire time.  Like the previous poster stated, simply print the temp license and the real deal arrives in the email in a week or so.  You'll find that they treat us WAY better than we treat them.