Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coming soon to Langley  (Read 44598 times)

strobes

Re: coming soon to Langley
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »

I am so disappointed in Wholesale. Twice I have gone in a had some of he rudest customer expirence. The first time the guy wouldn't even look up a price on their computer after one of his co-workers told him how. Instead he just looked at me and gave me what he thought the price was. The second time I was unlucky enough to have the same guy tell me it was too bad for me that their stock was low and I should have come in the week before. Both times I went to army and navy in Langley after walking out of the store and was treated how a customer should be treated. In the last week i have spent close to $700 at army and navy that wholesale could have had if their employees werent so rude and seemed to care.  I don't think I'll ever shop at wholesale again.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:54:06 PM by strobes »
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »

I am so disappointed in Wholesale. Twice I have gone in a had some of he rudest customer expirence. The first time the guy wouldn't even look up a price on their computer after one of his co-workers told him how. Instead he just looked at me and gave me what he thought the price was. The second time I was unlucky enough to have the same guy tell me it was too bad for me that their stock was low and I should have come in the week before. Both times I went to army and navy in Langley after walking out of the store and was treated how a customer should be treated. In the last week i have spent close to $700 at army and navy that wholesale could have had if their employees werent so rude and seemed to care.  I don't think I'll ever shop at wholesale again.

So let me get this straight, you have been in there 2 times, and were helped by the same guy both times and were dissapointed in the customer service and you blame the whole store? try going to another sales person. One bad apple doesn't mean the whole tree is rotton.

Im not trying to defend the store and maybe the whole store is bad, i don't know. But common sense dictates that you might want to try another sales person. Glad to hear you were satisfied with A&N, that langley store is a nice store.

strobes

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »

So let me get this straight, you have been in there 2 times, and were helped by the same guy both times and were dissapointed in the customer service and you blame the whole store? try going to another sales person. One bad apple doesn't mean the whole tree is rotton.

Im not trying to defend the store and maybe the whole store is bad, i don't know. But common sense dictates that you might want to try another sales person. Glad to hear you were satisfied with A&N, that langley store is a nice store.

I know what your saying, but some buddies of mine have had the similar issues as well.  I have also been in more then twice, i have been in several times, the first time i was treated well by whom i believe is the department manager, but those are the two recent trips where i was looking at making major purchases.  I have also worked in retail and customer service for close to 10 years, so i myself hold customer service at a high level, i will spend my money where i am treated the best, and when someone tells you to go to another store to shop or cant take the time to look up prices for customers it reflects badly on the department. 

A&N have gone above and beyond when i have gone in looking for help and will have my business from now on:)
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »

I heard thru the rumor mill after a bud of mine went to BPS in Calgary that Abby or the Ridge might get a BPS.
Take the T out of Morton.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »

I heard thru the rumor mill after a bud of mine went to BPS in Calgary that Abby or the Ridge might get a BPS.

that would be sweet...maple ridge wouldnt be the best place for that though. abby isnt a bad bet
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2010, 10:35:02 PM »

Maple Ridge wont get a Bass Pro Sop. The population is too small here and City Council does not like big box stores.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

noxcape

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »

hey bassonator which buddy would that be lol

and bryan i did hear maple ridge or abby right from the regional managers mouth at bps i hope its in abby thou

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »

Hey Nox...how goes it......Im ready for some bass on da fly...lol
Take the T out of Morton.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2010, 07:13:20 PM »

many are disappointed with wholesale sports. army and navy has been the go to place here in langley for quite some time...
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »

many are disappointed with wholesale sports. army and navy has been the go to place here in langley for quite some time...

I went and had a look at Wholesale sports when the wife was in chapters and there was a customer looking to buy some fly gear and the sales guy even recommended he go to Army and Navy even though they had the exact samething. I thought it was a little strange.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

rosejeff

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2010, 10:12:21 PM »

I think their staff is hit and miss.
I was in there looking for a rod holder for my float tube. After not finding the right one, I asked for some help. First they took me to the rod cases, then to the boat accessories, then when I pointed out the isle of rod holders they had they said if I didn't already see it they probably didn't have it.
I went home, looked it up in their online catalog, printed it out, went back in (a few days later) and they found it no problem.

I would have just bought it at army and navy but they were sold out.

anorden

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »

You get what you pay for. If you want to spend an hour asking advice from a sales guy who knows what he is taking about then you should expect to pay more for it. Equally, if you have spent a lot of time researching and know exactly what you want to buy and dont need any advice then why pay more?

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »

There will never be one of these stores in Maple Ridge.
Like Bobo says,our council would rather see the big stores go elsewhere.
But,if you ever need candles,sex toys or a new crack pipe,Maple Ridge is shopping heaven. ::)

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »

I'll lay odds that Abby or even Pitt Meadows gets it if they were to build another.  Like BB and FL stated... the council here in Maple Ridge is not big box friendly.  There's no real space readily available and it would take up too much of the precious 'hay-making' farmland.  Unless they wanted to build it on a mountain side - cut down all them trees - then its ok.  Oh wait - thats set aside for residential.

Forgive me for ranting !
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!