Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coming soon to Langley  (Read 44588 times)

joska

• Old Timer
Re: coming soon to Langley
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »

right on rick.  nice to know they have a local guy  running things opening may 16th... army and navy is having there big camping and fishing parking lot sale on the 15th...what a weekend to stock up on all the gear that will be needed through out the season... cant wait for the bass gear...
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:25 PM »

Are you guys carrying Browning rods if so let me know so I dont have to give BPS any buisness, looking for the noodle rods UL 10'6.
Take the T out of Morton.

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »

Deleted by Rick Passek
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:31:32 PM by Rp3Flyfisher »
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

Thanks for the update, I'm curious to browse the new store. Is there any kind of grand opening event/sale planned for next weekend? I'm sure there will probably be a few people making there way out to langley for army & navy's annual fishing/camping parking lot sale this upcoming weekend.

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2010, 06:33:59 PM »

Well;

The time is FINALLY here. The store will be open (VERY LIMITED HOURS 11-5) this coming Monday (April 10th) and will open regular hour by Friday (April 14th)

Hour will be;

Mon-Fri 9-9
Sat- 9-6
Sun 9-5

Come on by, make sure to say Hi if you do.

Rick Passek

I think you ment May 10th and May 14th Rick  :P

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »

cant wait.. will there be a line up?
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2010, 08:43:57 PM »

First off, Yes I ment May!!!!!

There will be a GRAND OPENING, but this is not planned until Late May/Early June. This is just a soft opening as we are still waiting for some stock and still have TONS of work to do in the store, but it will be open for those who come by. We will be doing some MAJOR advertising for the GRAND opening and I will also make sure to post the dates and any other relevent info here to let you know.

Rodney, we should talk some time about advertising for Wholesale Sports as well.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek

Author of:
&

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »

I was talking with a local fishing store owner and he is already cutting down his inventory in anticipation of the new competition from Wholesale.

Good or bad it will effect the little guys!
--Cut back on inventory is worst thing to do. I agree maybe cut back on common items or manufacturers like zebco or quantum etc where price match is not possible if loyal customers owner might just have to deal with keeping small stock at a loss for convenience.
--What the store should be doing is seeking new lines... ie go to  ICAST show in Vegas and get some unique products.. Also check out local and smaller suppliers that will give competitive wholesale price. Get some specialty rods and reels or custom made rod services.
--Wholesale Sports can be a plus... drawing new customers to the area who.. while they are there will check out the local shop as well.
--I don't know about the rest of you  but if I was in wholesale sports and passed a small shop on the way I couldn't resist taking a look.
--I was just at the customer appreciation days in kelowna at troutwaters fly & tackle.. they had prices that rivaled or beat local Can tire plus full selection of Mobey nets and outcast boats at great prices. Can tire is only two blocks away.

-I stop and shop at Wholesale sports when I'm in kamloops but as the Kamloops fly shop is only 1/2 mile away always make sure I stop in there as well to see what they have that's new.

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »

Hey Guys;

Sorry for all the confusion with opening, but it has been delayed due to unforseen circumstances.

The opening is up in the air for now, Sorry once agin for all the confusion, and sorry to those who did stop by and did not get in.

Her is what I do know for sure;

GRAND OPENING, May 28-30th

I will post details about it as soon as I get the info from the manager.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek

Author of:
&

Pro Staff:
Howard Hackle

noxcape

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »

hey rick are you guys going to be carrying bass gear if you are or are intrested in getting some drop me an email with your email address and ill send you the links fir the companys i rep for we have some good stuff

ps i cant wait to come check out the new store

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »

I don't have internet access at work so I checked early this morning before leaving home to check the opening day and time, May 10 2010 9-9. I had made arrangements to meet my son there after work today and when we show up its not open. I had a couple of problems with WS in Kamloops and thought I would give them a try again.  We were both looking to buy a Remington 870 shotgun, I also was going to pick up some gun cleaning supplies, accessories and look at some new camping gear. I was probably going to drop $1500 - $2000 on purchases, I sure won't be back!!! BTW there were a couple of other PO'd potential customers I talked to in the parking lot who had read on this site about the opening today and they probably won't be back either.  >:(

Once again guys, I am sorry about the store not opening today. We had planned on opening today, and even had a meeting this morning with all managment. After the meeting we were told that due to unforseen circumstances, we were not able to open.

I know that some of you did come out to the store to find it closed, thanks for stopping by and again I am VERY SORRY but it was beyond the control of ALL of us.

Hope that you give it another chance during the grand opening on May28-30th.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek

Author of:
&

Pro Staff:
Howard Hackle

FishOn36

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »

Hope that you give it another chance during the grand opening on May28-30th.

That's a confirmed opening date?

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »

YES 100%!!!!!!!!!!

That is the GRAND opening date. We may do a soft opening before that, but because of the uncertainty we will NOT be advertising the soft opening if there is one!!

If you are in the area, check us out, we may be open sooner than the May 28-30th but don't make an extra trip because I can't be sure of opening before the Grand opening date of the 28th!!

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek

Author of:
&

Pro Staff:
Howard Hackle

bluesteele

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »

Listen guys I don't know Rick at all. I don't know WS. What I do know is construction and what it takes to get a store up and running.
Big stores. As a site super it is what I do. To blame WS is not right. They are only acting on the information most likely from there GC.

Sh!!te happens and nothing is easy about getting a big store running. Their are so many backoffice systems to ready and test and test and test.
Inspections, sign offs from engineers, consultants, architects the list goes on and on.

Rick I am sure was told a date and he has to go with that. Grand Openings change as well. It's just the way it goes in Large retail.

Anyways I just wanted to get the point across that I am sure WS isn't jacking customers around. They are told a date and they have to run with it.
These dates don't always work out and to blame the customer which is WS in this case is purely wrong.

Bluesteele

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »

I have shopped in Whole sale sports in edmonton for yrs and have bought alot of stuff from from them.My favorite place to buy gear when i pass by on my way home to chilliwack from the tarsands.Exceptional selection,quality and prices.Glad to hear they are coming to langley.Often wondered why there was no store in the lower mainland.Sounds like now there will be! GREAT NEWS!