Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..  (Read 7299 times)

Sinaran

Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

Arrived just on time for the first light, but the first two hours produced nothing for me.  So i went to the island in the middle of the canal where i found a promising hole and started fishing there. Baited up with newly cured roe, second cast in, the float dipped.  Fight was on after a solid hook set.  It was a jack spring, i brought it to the shore, took a pic and let it go.  He was on stinky little retard, where i hold his tail i could still smell the stink even after washing it a few times.  :-\    Switched to a small colorado, and that started the Pink frenzy... ;)   I landed about 6 pinks in an hour, most of them slightly coloured up.  5 were released and i kept a clean looking female.  not much happpened after 10am, no jumping spring sighted there all morning long.  I left at 12pm.  One side note though:   My car's rear window was smashed this morning at Lickman road's parking lot at around 6:15am when it was a bit dark still.  I didn't fish too far away from my car, so when i heard the siren i just rushed back to the parking lot, but the junkie was no where to be seen.  I didn't lost anything except the $300 ICBC deductible   >:( >:(.  So watch up guys, when u fish the river.  Just make sure u don't leave anything valuable in your car, and try to park at somewhere u can actually see from where u r fishing (it's hard, i know that)..
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Nitroholic

Re: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »

These breakin storys really piss me off  :(

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »

did you have anything visible in your car, or did they just smash to get in and take a look around?

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »

nothing was left visible in the car.... i guessed they just wanna smash and search :-[
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

hookme

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 12:58:29 AM »

I was in the canal around 10 AM  second hole before the bridge. It's good to use float again kinda excite the moment..I got 3 hits all lose them because of those trees under the water ..The holes change different this year will  be interesting to work around them.  and Wish i was not in my wader this afternoon its so hot like 24 or more.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:28:37 AM »

Arrived just on time for the first light, but the first two hours produced nothing for me.  So i went to the island in the middle of the canal where i found a promising hole and started fishing there. Baited up with newly cured roe, second cast in, the float dipped.  Fight was on after a solid hook set.  It was a jack spring, i brought it to the shore, took a pic and let it go.  He was on stinky little retard, where i hold his tail i could still smell the stink even after washing it a few times.  :-\    Switched to a small colorado, and that started the Pink frenzy... ;)   I landed about 6 pinks in an hour, most of them slightly coloured up.  5 were released and i kept a clean looking female.  not much happpened after 10am, no jumping spring sighted there all morning long.  I left at 12pm.  One side note though:   My car's rear window was smashed this morning at Lickman road's parking lot at around 6:15am when it was a bit dark still.  I didn't fish too far away from my car, so when i heard the siren i just rushed back to the parking lot, but the junkie was no where to be seen.  I didn't lost anything except the $300 ICBC deductible   >:( >:(.  So watch up guys, when u fish the river.  Just make sure u don't leave anything valuable in your car, and try to park at somewhere u can actually see from where u r fishing (it's hard, i know that)..
Sad and saddder still it will happen many time this year on the Chilliwack Vedder system. I had sent out a warning a few weeks ago of several recent piles of glass i have observed at Lickman. As you noted try to park where you can see your vehicle or park in a high traffic area even if it means walking a bit of a distance. I keep thinking of bringing a bike in the back of the Leaf Mobile and park the LM in as safe a place as possible and start biking.  :-\

mr.p

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 07:01:43 AM »

Hey Sinaran!  Nice to have met you on the flow yesterday.  We met at your second spot of the day.  You showed me the window....
That really sucks about the window.  At least nothing was stolen.  Its terrible that we have to constantly worry about this type of stuff happening when out on the flow. It actually effects my choice of fishing spots.  I've had to avoid some of my favourite and most productive spots as they are just too high risk for vehicle break-ins.

I don't think the crooks even bother looking inside before smashing the window.  I have heard of people who have left their doors unlocked and still returned to a broken window.  It's always best to present as much of a deterant as possible.  I leave nothing in plain sight.  I leave my glove box and other compartments open and empty.  And I try to park in as visible/high traffic areas as possible.

And all of us should be more vigilant.  If you see anything remotely suspicious, please take the time to check it out.  A minute or two of your day can put an end to all this.  Once a few of these bastards get caught, word will spread and it will come to a stop.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 07:02:18 AM »

Nice report Sinaran, The Vedder is like a warzone it seems these days. :o
always a student

Robert_G

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 04:29:15 PM »

My brother pulled out a floating old man about 80 years of age from his certain death today at Peach Rd.
He was just cleaning his fish...slipped...waders started filling with water....couldn't get back up....toppled towards the deeper water...started floating downstream.
Everyone else fishing there was old and in waders basically doing nothing while this guy was floating downstream.
Luckily my brother was in shorts and old running shoes and was able to get out there in a flash.
He then pulled him out and no question saving the old guy's life.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »

My brother pulled out a floating old man about 80 years of age from his certain death today at Peach Rd.
He was just cleaning his fish...slipped...waders started filling with water....couldn't get back up....toppled towards the deeper water...started floating downstream.
Everyone else fishing there was old and in waders basically doing nothing while this guy was floating downstream.
Luckily my brother was in shorts and old running shoes and was able to get out there in a flash.

Kudos to your brother. Two thumbs up.

one more cast

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »

Kudos to your brother. Two thumbs up.

I agree, good on your brother for the "best" catch of the day!!!!

Sinaran

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

Hey Sinaran!  Nice to have met you on the flow yesterday.  We met at your second spot of the day.  You showed me the window....
That really sucks about the window.  At least nothing was stolen.  Its terrible that we have to constantly worry about this type of stuff happening when out on the flow. It actually effects my choice of fishing spots.  I've had to avoid some of my favourite and most productive spots as they are just too high risk for vehicle break-ins.

I don't think the crooks even bother looking inside before smashing the window.  I have heard of people who have left their doors unlocked and still returned to a broken window.  It's always best to present as much of a deterant as possible.  I leave nothing in plain sight.  I leave my glove box and other compartments open and empty.  And I try to park in as visible/high traffic areas as possible.

And all of us should be more vigilant.  If you see anything remotely suspicious, please take the time to check it out.  A minute or two of your day can put an end to all this.  Once a few of these bastards get caught, word will spread and it will come to a stop.

It was nice meeting u there at the flow, dude!  probably i should drive my beater out fishing next time, and have all the compartments and glove box open, maybe windows as well.. that might save my day ...
by the way, nice jack that u caught there !!!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Sinaran

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »

great job, good for your brother.  It certainly was a catch he will remember the rest of his life!!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

fishyfish

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »

Good on your brother. My Dad is in his lower seventy's . He loves fishing but his leg just gives out on him at times. He has no control over it. He carries a cane. I would be more than thankful and indebted if someone was to pull him out of the water. Fortunately he is very very careful and paranoid about falling in the water. Hopefully we will all become seventy or eighty one day. Hopefully there would be somebody who would go in the water for us if need be. If you do go into the water though try to grab a stick or something to have them grab because in a feared state they could pull you in with them. :)

fishyfish

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 05:48:41 PM »

Can you buy a little webcam that hooks up to a VCR. and try to catch them on tape. Maybe disguise the webcam on the dash and hide the VCR under the seat. How much do you think this  would cost?