Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..  (Read 7330 times)

dereke

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 08:53:45 PM »

What an immature and ridiculous post. There is absolutely no need for this.

You are a prude. Learn to take a joke!
always a student

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »

IMO, more parking lots means more job opportunities for an old guy who wants to make a few extra bucks watching for criminals. 

Eightball

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »

I think the police should buy some wildlife motion detection cameras and mount them in the trees around the parking area and check them when they get called out there. ???

emac

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »

Not much pisses me off more than some junky breaking windows while you're trying to relax doing a little fishing.  Really sucks to be out on the water with that constantly on the back of your mind.

It shouldn't have to come to this but here are a couple suggestions.

1) Buy a car cover on eBay or somewhere else and put it on before you head out.
2) (Redneck version of above suggestion) Hang a tarp over the side windows and tie it down with some straps.

Maybe a little overboard and you'd probably get some odd looks from people but I'm fairly certain those lazy bastards would choose to move on to someone else's car.

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 06:43:02 AM »

two words, Bait Car....... then police might catch some of the people responsible
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

two words, Bait Car....... then police might catch some of the people responsible

Chris should know some friends in the city there to set this up.  ;D

coho killer

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »

where are the high risk spots? I hope i find them trying to break into my car ;D

fishyfish

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »

End of lickman road parking lot is one.

mr.p

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »

where are the high risk spots? I hope i find them trying to break into my car ;D

Is that some sorta trick question to get people to reveal their hotspots? lol.jk
Anywhere and everywhere.  Obviously anywhere with not much foot traffic would be high risk.
Lickman is actually quite busy and there are still break-ins there.  So that shows you how ballsy they are.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »

Are the breakins primarily during the early morning hours or are they all day long?  I"m debating only fishing from walking distance from the campground during mornings then taking the truck out in the afternoons. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »

Chris should know some friends in the city there to set this up.  ;D
We have talked to them about this but unfortunately they do not have the time or the resources to do this at this time.

I would suggest you start a group, then collect some money from your group to hire a security firm to patrol and watch a couple of key parking area for you. This is the only way in my mind to stop this as it is discussed with lots of ideas from many year after year but nothing is ever implemented. Taking this into ones own hands in dealing with the culprits should not be even be considered as it could get you in more trouble as you never know who you will be dealing with. We all know there has been serious injury and even death when people intervene in similar situations be it robberies or street fights.

charles

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »

I would pay $10 for the collection box.

I think it is a great idea.  There is always someone looking for some part time money and it is not a very long hours.  It basically happen mostly in early hours in any given parking lot.  Once the lot is busy say after 8am, there is really no need for them.  From 5-8, 3 hours of work.  Easy to get 10 cars.  That is $100 in the weekday.

mr.p

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 10:57:43 PM »

It can and does occur at all hours of the day and at all locations.  I've seen broken glass from the cottonwoods all the way up to cement slab.  Some of the worst places are Lickman, Browne, giesbrecht, Bergman.  Always broken glass at those spots.  Oddly enough, the upper seems a bit safer.

Just as I hit post, I realized something.... I do not see nearly as much broken glass in the upper.  Maybe this is because the culprits are working in pairs or groups and the communication issues up that way prevent them from using spotters or lookouts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:00:54 PM by mr.p »
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2009, 02:47:20 AM »

Multiple calls to Chilliwak RCMP haven't helped? It seems crazy that they won't come out with this much of an obvious problem. :-\
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 08:39:34 AM by dereke »
always a student

Davis

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2009, 08:38:47 AM »

might be worth it for someone to put out a collection box to be a parking lot monitor.  pretty nice job for someone who doesn't fish, but wants a little extra $$.  I know I'd be willing to throw a $5 in the box if I knew someone was hanging around to keep an eye on things. 
Do you really think anybody would throw money into a collection box at Lickman road?Come on,and you ain't gonna find anybody to sit around all day to watch the parking lot for a few dollars How long do you think that the dude breaking into vechicles would take to steal the collection box? Lol  ???