Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..  (Read 7895 times)

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
Re: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »

Get yourself a friend with a pick up truck. And another friend with a big hockey bag. Then another friend who is bendy (and helps if he is a ninja). Put friend C in friend B's hockey bag. Place both items in friend A's pick up truck. When junkie/thief (here after referred to as variable D), opens bag, C jumps on D and produces duck tape. Tape D to nearby tree, with a note. Call RCMP, and leave.

Charlemagne used to string up the dead bodies of Vikings on the trees at river mouths to deter future Viking river raids. Perhaps a few duck taped D's would produce similar results. Might even get the fuzz to take the area seriously.
You don't make friends with salad.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 10:53:10 AM »

Yes, I do think someone would throw money into a collection box if someone was around doing their job.  They would not steal the box if someone is around.  And, yes, I don think someone would be willing get paid to set up a lawn chair, read a book and keep an eye on things.  What do you think old people do?   

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »

Couple of years ago there was a guy running a coffee truck at Lickman Road. Perfect situation: hot coffee and hamburgers and keeping an eye out for potential break-ins. Is he still there ?

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »

i have never seen a coffee truck at Lickman  :-\ sure would have been nice to have that there, guess i missed out because i either never see him there or he isnt there anymore. the guy that used to do that near Chehalis river also is not there anymore  :(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 12:56:13 PM »

I got done at Bergman today - unzipped the jeep windows and took 2 rods (just the kids $40 rod/reel spin combos so not a zillion dollars but not the point...).  Since it was raining so hard, at least they were nice enough to zip the windows back up!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Davis

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »

I think i'm going to quit my oil patch job, come home and set up a Hot Dog stand there at Lickman this winter ! lol  Maybe I can watch the the parking lot at the same time to keep your vechicles safe as well! lol and if you catch a steel,maybe i will barbeque it right there on the grill with the hot dogs! lol yeh what a great idea! lol

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »

In New Zealand's kauri forest there was a person who watched the parking lot for this scenic attraction.  Used to be terrible break-in problems because you would be away for about 45-1 hr each time and they would just wait in the bushes for the tourists to go.  $2 fee pays for a guy to watch the lot and there are no more problems (or they have just moved elsewhere).  So this theory would work.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »

I would pay for parking if someone was there. I would pay up to $5 which i pay at other locations (lakes mostly) and there is still noone there. what is the money for then ??? i mean honestly  >:(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »

I would pay for parking if someone was there. I would pay up to $5 which i pay at other locations (lakes mostly) and there is still noone there. what is the money for then ??? i mean honestly  >:(

Park maintenance.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family