Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..  (Read 7893 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, September 15th 2009: Yeah retard made my day..
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »

Sinaran: sorry to hear about the TDMs who spoiled your fishing trip. But not to  get things sidetracked but an earlier post makes some good points. If you do not have good balance do not wade in the water while fishing. There are spots on the Vedder which lend themselves to fishing from shore. Also, no need to go out far to clean your fish.  If you are up to your knees while cleaning your fish, that is in my opinion a bit too deep to go.  Hopefully good karma, comes to the good samaritan on future fishing trips.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »

My brother pulled out a floating old man about 80 years of age from his certain death today at Peach Rd.
He was just cleaning his fish...slipped...waders started filling with water....couldn't get back up....toppled towards the deeper water...started floating downstream.
Everyone else fishing there was old and in waders basically doing nothing while this guy was floating downstream.
Luckily my brother was in shorts and old running shoes and was able to get out there in a flash.
He then pulled him out and no question saving the old guy's life.
good on you and your bro in helping save someone

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »

Kudos to your brother. What a brave and selfless act. He just saves a life. Much better than any catch. Salute! :)

Hook Set

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:53:12 PM »

Can you buy a little webcam that hooks up to a VCR. and try to catch them on tape. Maybe disguise the webcam on the dash and hide the VCR under the seat. How much do you think this  would cost?

They'd just steal that too

deepcovehooker

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »

Only problem with the idea is that the B***********  would steal the vcr and camera.  I think we should set up a sting operation and then take our own revenge.

bluenoser

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »

Wow caught an 80 year old man...when do the young women start floating down the Vedder.... I'm there.

Sorry about your window Sinaran...terrible thing to have happen on what should be a great day of fishing.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »

might be worth it for someone to put out a collection box to be a parking lot monitor.  pretty nice job for someone who doesn't fish, but wants a little extra $$.  I know I'd be willing to throw a $5 in the box if I knew someone was hanging around to keep an eye on things. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »

These break ins are so rampant it's getting to the point where one of the fishing partner stays behind and stand guard while the rest of the party fishes. Or bring your girlfriend / wife who stays with the car.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »

might be worth it for someone to put out a collection box to be a parking lot monitor.  pretty nice job for someone who doesn't fish, but wants a little extra $$.  I know I'd be willing to throw a $5 in the box if I knew someone was hanging around to keep an eye on things. 

haha how long you think a collections box would last there?

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »

These break ins are so rampant it's getting to the point where one of the fishing partner stays behind and stand guard while the rest of the party fishes. Or bring your girlfriend / wife who stays with the car.

and they're so brash out there they'd steal your wife/gf too!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »

and they're so brash out there they'd steal your wife/gf too!

They can have her  :D

yamadirt 426

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »

My brother pulled out a floating old man about 80 years of age from his certain death today at Peach Rd.
He was just cleaning his fish...slipped...waders started filling with water....couldn't get back up....toppled towards the deeper water...started floating downstream.
Everyone else fishing there was old and in waders basically doing nothing while this guy was floating downstream.
Luckily my brother was in shorts and old running shoes and was able to get out there in a flash.
He then pulled him out and no question saving the old guy's life.

What happened to the fish ?  ;D good on your brother

fishyfish

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »

That is an excellent idea Bentrod. I would gladly pay $5 to save myself the $300 deductible.

mr.p

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 07:41:18 PM »

i agree.  I'd pay $5-$10 to fish with peace of mind.  could be a great business idea for someone with the time.  Would be nice to be able to get out for a few hours before/after work and leave my work equipment in the vehicle.  Also would be really nice to bring out a few different rods/reels. 

I've actually considered leaving my vehicle at Fred's or somewhere else busy and taking a taxi to the river.  There are a half dozen or so spots that I love, but are very high risk. its like Russian roulette fishing there.  Sooner or later you're bound to get broken into.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

Nucks

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »

Unfortunately every parking lot around the Vedder is susceptible to this nowadays. Main thing is, don't leave anything of value in your vehicle.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:54:48 PM by hundred miler »