Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEW FISHING LICENSE  (Read 25721 times)

Folkboat

Re: NEW FISHING LICENSE
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »

I agree Steelhead. I consider myself as a minority. Follow the rules and hope it works out. Shame on those that are greedy.

fishyfish711

Who has and what do you think of buying your new licence on line?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25:23 PM »

Bought my new  licence (2009/2010) online today. Very different. Doesn't seem as official as the store bought ones. Also a lot bulkier in an already bulky wallet. Much larger (8x10or11) piece of printer paper. I think I will go back to store bought next year although it is very very handy buying online.  No gas. Took about 5 min. instead of the hour round trip. Must be harder on the tackle shops. I would normal drop some money impulse buying when I pick up my licence. Who buys online and does anyone know the stats about the amount who do?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Who has and what do you think of buying your new licence on line?
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 10:51:46 PM »

Bought my new  licence (2009/2010) online today. Very different. Doesn't seem as official as the store bought ones. Also a lot bulkier in an already bulky wallet. Much larger (8x10or11) piece of printer paper. I think I will go back to store bought next year although it is very very handy buying online.  No gas. Took about 5 min. instead of the hour round trip. Must be harder on the tackle shops. I would normal drop some money impulse buying when I pick up my licence. Who buys online and does anyone know the stats about the amount who do?
They are the same there, keep your old one as a souvenir. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 10:53:55 PM »

[
Those which I believe are a minority will always find a way to abuse the resource anyway. :(
[/quote]

don't kid yourself Chris... I'm willing to bet anything, lots of people will do that....
[/quote]But how many people land over 10 hatchery steelhead in a year, I believe you have only one, Oh I forgot you lost it. ;D ;D

fishyfish711

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »

You aren't allowed to shrink it. Apparently COs need to be able to scan your licence in the large black square and it must be original sized.

What would they scan? I hope this licence is okay. There is a number just below the 2009-2010 that might mean something unique to them. Chris, the store bought ones are 8x10 as well? Are they in colour or black and white? Each year they usually have a different colour yellow, blue, green etc. I did just buy the saltwater though. Not the freshwater yet.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »

B&W and 8 by 10.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »

I'll be shrinking mine. If a ticket is issued I believe you have 24hrs to prove you had a license purchased before fishing. So if the shrunk license really doesn't work for the CO I'll take the ticket and go home and print a full size and bring it to the Gov. Agent office.

fishyfish711

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 11:25:15 PM »

Dion,

Why wouldn't you just have a normal size one hidden in your car somewhere? I geuss you are not really suppose to print more than one? But that is essentially what you are going to do anyway unless your shrunken one is okay.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »

steelhead might not been an issues sinces, only a hand full of people i know filled up close to their 10 steelhead limit each year.... But the Chinook on the other hand is a different story...

fishyfish711

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:32 PM »

Is this the first year you could buy licences online or have you been able to do it other years? If you could buy online and print it yourself other years what did they look like?

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »

I totally think this system should change it to the one in Alberta...  Everyone will have a WIN card.. which contain all your info in a hard plastic with bar code...  Each time you go to the vender to purchase lisence, you give them the card, scane it... then they punch in the tags you want... print out.. and thats it.. when a Co check your lisence, just give them your WIN card, they swape the card with their machine.. thats it.. they know excetly what you got....     Back to the tags and stuff..  like steelhead or springs or whatever, the machine print out like 5 or 10 ski tags, so when you kill one fish, take the tag out, loop the wire thought the mouth, stick the tag on.. you done... as soon as you finish your 10 tags of one speices. thats all you allowed to keep..  no cheating what so ever, you lost it, you have to buy a new one.... simple.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 11:44:08 PM »

i believe you can get them laast year as well.  i saw one today at work.. no different,

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »

Dion,

Why wouldn't you just have a normal size one hidden in your car somewhere? I geuss you are not really suppose to print more than one? But that is essentially what you are going to do anyway unless your shrunken one is okay.

I thought about that. But my truck doors don't lock, and I'd rather not have all sorts of personally information easily available in my glove box.

Johnny_5

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

Online is super convenient, Giant 8x11 paper is a pain though.

Nymph

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »

Dion did you confirm that you have 24hrs to produce a valid license?
Git-R-Done