Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEW FISHING LICENSE  (Read 25563 times)

buck

NEW FISHING LICENSE
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »

Does anyone else have a problem with the size and quality of the new fishing license ? They must have spent a lot of time and expense to come up with this fool proof,water proof , over sized
piece of documentation. New over sized wallets will be issued with the purchase of each license.*.

BNF861

• Old Timer
Re: NEW FISHING LICENSE
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »

It does take up a lot of space folded up in a wallet, doesn't it. I've been thinking of making a color copy but shrunken down a bit, to the size of the old style. This would be okay, would it not? Considering its just a printed copy from anyones printer anyways.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »

Not at all impressed with the new licences.  Obviously they didn't put much if any thought into their design and how they will be used.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »

They must have spent a lot of time and expense to come up with this fool proof,water proof , over sized
piece of documentation.

The only thought they put into it was how they could streamline the collection of the licensing revenue!  ::) ::)  The annual catch restrictions are now useless. Once you catch your season limit, you are able to print out a fresh new license. I haven't tried it but I believe you can print an unlimited number of licenses.

Maybe someone should suggest that they eliminate the catch records on the license......   Then we could print out a normal wallet sized license   ;D ;D ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 08:17:36 PM »

It does take up a lot of space folded up in a wallet, doesn't it. I've been thinking of making a color copy but shrunken down a bit, to the size of the old style. This would be okay, would it not? Considering its just a printed copy from anyones printer anyways.
You aren't allowed to shrink it. Apparently COs need to be able to scan your licence in the large black square and it must be original sized.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »

You aren't allowed to shrink it. Apparently COs need to be able to scan your licence in the large black square and it must be original sized.

I'm going to print one poster sized!

Nymph

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »

You could print out an infinite number of licenses and put them everywhere... that way you don't forget them! One in the tackle box, one in the boat, one in the float tube, one in your shoe...

It does not make much sense. But then again when we are talking about government- what does?
Git-R-Done

sean_salmon

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »

You could print out an infinite number of licenses and put them everywhere... that way you don't forget them! One in the tackle box, one in the boat, one in the float tube, one in your shoe...

It does not make much sense. But then again when we are talking about government- what does?

What are you talking about? It makes a lot of sense, the government has gotten rid of the cost of having tags, and licences printed on paper and now they have more going into their pockets. Im 100% sure they thought this out fully!

::) :P :-\

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »

Im 100% sure they thought this out fully!

What about the regulations that are now for 2yr periods. Advertisers only paid for one year but will either get advertising for 2yrs or they will have to reprint a new batch with exactly the same regs. Definitely well thought out.

Nymph

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »

No doubt it is more convenient. I like the fact that I can do everything from the comfort of my home.

I just think it will make it easier to get around the laws that are put in place to keep people honest. That being said I guess one can also argue that those who don't care about following the laws will always find a way to get around them.

I just think in this instance it makes it too easy.
Git-R-Done

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »

Got mine today, nice to get the discount price this year. ;D ;D

skunked

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »

got mine today dosnt seem to bad.But have to agree whats the point of the catch records now if u can print out as many as u want :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »

got mine today dosnt seem to bad.But have to agree whats the point of the catch records now if u can print out as many as u want :-\
Those which I believe are a minority will always find a way to abuse the resource anyway. :(

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »

[[/quote]Those which I believe are a minority will always find a way to abuse the resource anyway. :(
[/quote]

don't kid yourself Chris... I'm willing to bet anything, lots of people will do that....

Nymph

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »

Agreed.

If good people like us are thinking about how the licenses can be abused this easily... then you know those who are wanting to abuse the system are salivating at this easy opportunity
Git-R-Done