Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEW FISHING LICENSE  (Read 25689 times)

mr.pink

Re: NEW FISHING LICENSE
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

i'm not a fan,of the new system.i could imagine some one going out to the fraser in the morning,catching 2 sockeye tagging them then going home,printing a new license and going back for more.i'd like to think there's a safe guards (like keeping track of how many are printed out),but this is the goverment we're talking about,they don't even put all the money from the "conservation" tags into conservation,something like 20% actualy goes back into what its suppose to,helping the fish.sad.
 that alberta system sounds good.
  nymph,last year my fishing partner,forgot his licsence at home,and as you would expect,we got "carded",the co gave my bud a ticket,but if he called in with his licsence within 24 hrs,they drop it,cheers.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »

Dion,

Why wouldn't you just have a normal size one hidden in your car somewhere? I geuss you are not really suppose to print more than one? But that is essentially what you are going to do anyway unless your shrunken one is okay.

I thought about that. But my truck doors don't lock, and I'd rather not have all sorts of personally information easily available in my glove box.

Just print another copy for your vest. How often does one forget to bring one's wallet and the vest ?

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »

i'm not a fan,of the new system.i could imagine some one going out to the fraser in the morning,catching 2 sockeye tagging them then going home,printing a new license and going back for more.i'd like to think there's a safe guards (like keeping track of how many are printed out),but this is the goverment we're talking about,they don't even put all the money from the "conservation" tags into conservation,something like 20% actualy goes back into what its suppose to,helping the fish.sad.
  nymph,last year my fishing partner,forgot his licsence at home,and as you would expect,we got "carded",the co gave my bud a ticket,but if he called in with his licsence within 24 hrs,they drop it,cheers.

Good one. Sockeye aren't recorded on your licence.

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:11 PM »

The new license gave me more trouble again today.. as of 10:30 this morning, the license web site over loaded and was down til at lease 4:30 ...    Talked to many venders, they are not happy with this system at all... We should all ganged up and demend the old system, paper license back...  As of now, go enjoy some free fishing. wack a few steelhead at the mean time....

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Licensing time...
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

I wonder why I am buying these licenses and conservation stamps when most of the money we put into the fishing licenses goes to government's general revenues so they can pay them selves and not to the DFO or fresh water fisheries or enviromental protection or anything that it's intended for.
Aren't they making enough money from taxing the fish farms?
Perhaps we should be localizing the licensing so that we pay a license for the river we go to and the money is not paid to the goverment but to the local hatcery or conservation society.
We would know where the money is going to.
I still buy all the licenses, but the question why always lingers...

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: Licensing time...
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:06 AM »

Why do you say that "most" of the money does not go to MOE/FWF? The lowest number I saw was 85%.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:27 AM »

I wonder why I am buying these licenses and conservation stamps when most of the money we put into the fishing licenses goes to government's general revenues so they can pay them selves and not to the DFO or fresh water fisheries or enviromental protection or anything that it's intended for.
Perhaps we should be localizing the licensing so that we pay a license for the river we go to and the money is not paid to the goverment but to the local hatcery or conservation society.

Every year I read some stupid comments like this. Back up what you say. Where do you think the money comes from that runs FFSBC? Go look at www.gofishbc.com and read all the stockings that goes on. It is so tiring to hear people whining about a $100 license to fish our province. What other form of entertainment or hobby can you do that is so cheap? Golf? No bloody likely.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »

It is so tiring to hear people whining about a $100 license to fish our province. What other form of entertainment or hobby can you do that is so cheap? Golf? No bloody likely.
Or going to watch the Canucks. ;D ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »

It is so tiring to hear people whining about a $100 license to fish our province. What other form of entertainment or hobby can you do that is so cheap? Golf? No bloody likely.
Or going to watch the Canucks. ;D ;D ;D

Hey now Mr.Gadsen!!! Atleast we can go see them live without having to travel 2000 miles and actually watch them in the playoffs. LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mr.pink

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »

Good one. Sockeye aren't recorded on your licence.

i'm sure you can figure out what i meant...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »

I think the problem is the sheer volume of people wanting to renew their fishing licence. It's the same with tax returns. Everyone knows they are due at the end of this month but they wait til the deadline. I got mine online two weeks ago and I was in and out in a couple of minutes.

salmon river

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »

It is so tiring to hear people whining about a $100 license to fish our province.

Yes our province exactly so why in the heck do we have to buy one? It is the peoples resource and we pay enough taxes and fees ans it is so we should not have to buy one.

Everyone should refuse to be a license and see what the government will do. It is time to stand up for our selves instead of being like sheep and take our country back once and for all!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »

It is so tiring to hear people whining about a $100 license to fish our province.

Yes our province exactly so why in the heck do we have to buy one? It is the peoples resource and we pay enough taxes and fees ans it is so we should not have to buy one.

Everyone should refuse to be a license and see what the government will do. It is time to stand up for our selves instead of being like sheep and take our country back once and for all!

Great idea!!  ::)

Say goodbye to hatcheries than. Say goodbye to whats left of our salmon and steelhead. Say goodbye to all the great interior lake fishing. Ya your idea is a great one LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Nymph

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »

We should also not get ours P.A.L.S. and Hunter Licences or Driver's Licences.... 'cause I just don't want to.

I sounds very "office space". Good movie, but I doubt it would really be good.
Git-R-Done

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »

I think the problem is the sheer volume of people wanting to renew their fishing licence. It's the same with tax returns. Everyone knows they are due at the end of this month but they wait til the deadline. I got mine online two weeks ago and I was in and out in a couple of minutes.

I know what you mena FA but it will never happen if its on paper...