Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Do Think About Online Licensing  (Read 14291 times)

HARLEY

• flyfishing
What Do Think About Online Licensing
« on: March 29, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »

I wonder if there are Pro`s and Con`s to this new method? Will a plain piece of paper last a year in your wallet? If a angler is fishing and it is raining and you take out your paper license to record a fish, how will the paper stand up to the weather? If you can print off more than one license ,what would stop a person from recording fish on more than one license?

Just Some Of My Thoughts,
harley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 01:05:18 PM by HARLEY »

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re: What Do Think About Online Licensing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »

what would stop a person from recording fish on more than one license?

Printing spare copies is what people do-in terms of cheating that's always happened if a person filled a license then they just went and bought another one.

So it's become cheaper for cheaters but the simple fact is that few people catch 30 Spring Salmon in a year-very few.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »

It ROCKS. 

Online licensing is great.  last year needed my liscence and was too busy to get it (salt) during the day so i did it the night before i went out.  WAY more convenient, we don't have to go to the tackle shop/crappy tire/gas station to find out that they are out of stock.  Plus, you can print extra copies, keep one in your truck, one in your tacklebox, one in your wallet, one in your wifes purse in case you take her car and forget your wallet, one at home, and one in your boat.  You're covered!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »

The main advantage is that it is easy to get. No waiting in lineups etc. You can print extra copy to put in your wallet, vest, car etc. Don't know whether your personal information is secure. That is my main concern.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »

LOL few people catch 30 springs in a year? LMAO You're joking right? If any angler with a little common sense were to actually try and target springs 30 is a very easily attainable number Id say.

Birdman hooks into 30-40 some days under KWB...they love the green wool.
weeeeeeeeeow!

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 05:32:15 PM »

LOL few people catch 30 springs in a year? LMAO You're joking right? If any angler with a little common sense were to actually try and target springs 30 is a very easily attainable number Id say.

Birdman hooks into 30-40 some days under KWB...they love the green wool.
Lmao oh danny......... :D :D :D

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

The point of stopping people from recording more fish than allowed is a valid one.
I don't think the DFO has really thought this one through.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »

The point of stopping people from recording more fish than allowed is a valid one.
I don't think the DFO has really thought this one through.

People can do that now too.....they just don't record the fish at all.  I was speaking to a government agent yesterday about it and he told me they were considering phasing out the old "paper" way entirely because this way helps keep track of users better.  And in regards to the security of it, what makes you think purchasing with a credit card at a store is any more secure?  There is always cash I guess but who carries THAT stuff anymore? ;)

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »

But only dishonest people would cheat the system, so it shouldn't be a problem for most people.

Maybe its time to put a tag system in place... you get 1 tag at a time, and only get a new one when the old one is dropped off?  Or make them catch and release only (i would rather see that anyways as they taste better from the grocery store)

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »

Actually I have found that most tackle stores do not want to take any kind of a credit card for a license purchase because of the fee that they have to pay--so--if fact when we are buying our license on line with a credit card ,where is that added fee for useing a card going? Just a thought because nothing in this life is actually free.

harley

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 07:11:10 PM »

Why should I need a Credit Card to fish? I don't plan on getting a credit card any time soon and the government doesn't seem too concerned with printing out surcharge stamps so what am I to do? Poach?

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »

Hey Deon,no worries,They are already out at the tackle store.Me and leapy steelie bought it yesterday with all the surcharge stamps on.So go get it ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »

If you have a question or feedback regarding the freshwater online licensing system, then contact them:

Phone: 1-877-855-3222
Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Pacific Time

Email: frontcounterbc@gov.bc.ca

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »

If you have a question or feedback regarding the freshwater online licensing system, then contact them:

Phone: 1-877-855-3222
Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Pacific Time

Email: frontcounterbc@gov.bc.ca

This is true, and a good thing to do also--But--then how would the rest of us know how other anglers feel about what is happening?

harley

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 12:08:58 PM »

Provide the feedbacks and questions to the ministry, AND paste a copy of it in this thread. ;)