Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Do Think About Online Licensing  (Read 14292 times)

Beast

Re: What Do Think About Online Licensing
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »

a few of my buds printed theres off using photo paper ??? STRANGE!!
i know you can buy water proof paper from STAPLES or any surveying store thats what i did ;D
and you can write on it as well and it doesn't run ;)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »

This is the advantage of doing it on your own computer as you have the option to save the license to your computer in case you need another copy if something happens to the first. This could also create more poaching as someone could just as easily print off another copy when they have filled their qouta for springs or steelhead. Yes you could do this with the old licenses as well but it cost you a fee, I believe it was $10 at the government agent but with the new system all you have to do is go on your computer and print off a new one for the cost of ink and paper and no one knows  :(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Colorado Grinner

• never enough
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »

i know you can buy water proof paper from STAPLES or any surveying store thats what i did ;D

Dandy Idea Beast,    Thanks for the tip! ;D

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 01:01:08 AM »

This is the advantage of doing it on your own computer as you have the option to save the license to your computer in case you need another copy if something happens to the first. This could also create more poaching as someone could just as easily print off another copy when they have filled their qouta for springs or steelhead. Yes you could do this with the old licenses as well but it cost you a fee, I believe it was $10 at the government agent but with the new system all you have to do is go on your computer and print off a new one for the cost of ink and paper and no one knows  :(

i've had this same discussion with a few friends already. seems the government has other agendas, other than conservation. (how can they overlook the blatantly obvious?)  :(

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 01:04:31 AM »

good idea.  how thick are these paper?

Sandhead

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

I like the idea of a online purchasing system. But they need to take it to the next level and have it linked to your driver's license or BC id card.
Or at the very least issue a plastic card like the boaters card. Plastic is cheap
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 08:14:05 PM »

Here was a situation that was brought up today. This is totally hypothetical. Say someone from out of province owns a vacation home within BC, they can now use that address to purchase a resident license on line as there is nobody to check their ID. All they need to fish is a license and they do not need to carry other identification with them. So if they want to fish on classified waters they would just use the vacation home address and the license is good for the year instead of having to buy one for every day they want to fish. Also here is another situation that could happen, what is going to stop someone from giving a copy to a relative that is going to fish some where else, or only fishes here and there. Instead of buying another license for them they can just use their printer and print one off. I know the intention of this licensing is suppose to be there to increase license sales but I think they will actually see a decrease because of this. They have just made it way to easy to cheat the system.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

The problem with false ID, residency was noted a few years ago and since then anglers are required to produce both the fishing license and a picture ID when asked by a conservation officer or DFO officer.

Beast

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 08:28:30 PM »

i know what you mean i ran into a few guys from Calgary and they have a house out this way they rent it out, and know they also have a BC fishing license
another thing for drivers license,  mine expired a while back and i re newed it which is all good they give you a paper one till your replacement shows up.
but in the mean time i was in Alberta trying to start another company and my paper one expired so i go to the DMV and they issued me an Alberta license now when i got home (BC) i now have 2 Drivers License funny the way the system works.

Beast

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »

Sorry Rodney i have to disagree i have been asked by conservation officers for my license and once they see it its off to the next guy down the way.
i must have shown my licence about 100 times to the DFO and i cant recall any of them ever asking me for a picture I.D. ??? ???

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:40 PM »

The problem with false ID, residency was noted a few years ago and since then anglers are required to produce both the fishing license and a picture ID when asked by a conservation officer or DFO officer.

No where in the regs does it say that your are required to carry anyother ID but your license. In fact on page 12 under enforcement and compliance in the section called inspection it states " If asked, you must allow a conservation officer, fisheries officer, RCMP constable, park ranger in a provincial park, park warden in a national park or an officer under the wildlife act to examine your fishing license, gear and catch " . It says nothing about other ID.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »

The CO or DFO officer does not always ask for picture ID as some of you have experienced. How he or she decide it is necessary I do not know, so perhaps ask them if you are interested. I have been asked to produce a picture ID in the past.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »

In the past when on a hunting trip i have been asked to see our license as well as ID, but on other times hunting and fishing i have not had to produce anything other than my license,i think there has to be some consistency with the CO ,If they are asking to see licenses they should be required to ask for ID as well ,particularilly with this new and improved system,as time goes by i am sure like with everything else when change is involved we will find more things that are not to our liking,personally i feel that this new system was not well thought out before its implementation
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:52:44 PM by searun17 »
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »

Never been asked to provide ID other than my fishing licence.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 10:11:38 PM »

Even on page 6 of the regs it only states that " you must carry your license while fishing and if asked produce itfor inspection" again it does not say you need to show any other type of ID