Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Gone, October 22, A Mini Journal  (Read 7618 times)

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
Re: Vedder Gone, October 22, A Mini Journal
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:22:51 PM »

stopped by the train bridge 2 weekends ago at the vedder. chuck my line in and realize I'm the only 1 with a float. Man I never had so many lines come flying accross my line getting tangled. Everyone there looked at me like I was crazy for having a float on. I quickly moved on. very sad :o

winter steel

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 09:48:56 PM »

Fishyfish, the ethics component is a big part of the argument and can not be excluded. I made my second and definately final trip out to the valley and was thouroughly disappointed. Not with the fishing so much, as it is always a pleasure to get out, but absolutely with the lack of sportsmanship on the river. The number of people doesn't bother me, in fact I look at it as a challenge, to see how I measure up as a fishermen to my fellow angler. However, I must be comparing myself to a select few. In my opinion if you have resorted to lining to catch fish you are admitting defeat as far as enticing a strike is concerned.. You may as well pick up a net as you will do less damage to the fish that can't quite come in, tight lines....or should I say long lines, Wintersteel.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »

Where are the friggen CO's ? They should have no problem filling their quotas or they care ? >:(

SnakeRoll

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »

thats the main problem when u haveput and take  hatchery systems..hate to say it but i think it will get alot worse.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 11:10:54 PM »

i love you nicole :-*

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »

I wub you too golfman!!  ;D

LOL
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 12:02:56 AM »

managed to do well today despite the dirty water.  Found a place where the coho were stacked later in the day.  I  Had 3 on in the first 20min and hooked 3 more over the next few hours all on silver/blue and silver/orange crocs.  Only managed to land 1 hatch and my bud landed a wild (On a Jesarin silver/gold spinner).  Lost a couple nice ones close to the beach   :'(.  Was great fishing when we got there until we got beaked out but picked up again after they left.  :P

CohoOn!

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 01:31:56 AM »

I've gotta laugh at suggestions that we should all be float fishing simply because one person prefers it.  :-\
I've hooked up with over 40 fish in the last 2.5 weeks on blades and all were coho except two jacks. Not one was flossed nor foul hooked.
You keep doin what you're doin and I'll keep doin what I'm doin! ;D
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »

I've gotta laugh at suggestions that we should all be float fishing simply because one person prefers it.  :-\
I've hooked up with over 40 fish in the last 2.5 weeks on blades and all were coho except two jacks. Not one was flossed nor foul hooked.

So if you walk into a small run and 5 guys are float fishing, you go ahead and toss in a blade?

I've seen that a few times and all that happens is the blade guy (since the drift is different and he's not using a float) tangles up with the float guys pretty quick. That's a good strategy for making new enemies.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 06:36:07 AM »

Read The Journal more closely and you will see I mentioned more than just float fishing. ;D ;D ;D

Anyway you take a fish as while it is taking your offering is what fishing should be all about. ;D ;D

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 07:18:17 AM »

Read The Journal more closely and you will see I mentioned more than just float fishing. ;D ;D ;D

Anyway you take a fish as while it is taking your offering is what fishing should be all about. ;D ;D

I see people bottom bouncing on the ved a lot lately, I don't think "anyway you take a fish" is ok.

A certain respect for the environment and your surroundings count. I know you are one of the best Chris and am NOT directing this at you, but in my "book" one should adapt their methods of angling to those who are ALREADY at a run - not inconvenience them.

When I read posts in this forum in the summer I saw a lot of folks talk about taking over a bar with barfishing equipment to prevent btm bouncers from fishing there - and I agree with that. Which is why I'm not impressed when "Anyway you can take a fish-guy" comes in with equipment that does not match the other guys fishing there. Case in point was a fellow with about $1500 in fly gear squeezing in between about 4 guys already drifting with floats near prison run. It lasted about 6 minutes and 3 were tangled up and much foul language used. This only happened because the....well you know...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:20:05 AM by dennisK »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »

I wub you too golfman!!  ;D

LOL
Nicole

Yikes !! have you seen pics of him yet Nicole ??  lol
I have one he sent me that you might like to see  ;)
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

CohoOn!

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »

stopped by the train bridge 2 weekends ago at the vedder. chuck my line in and realize I'm the only 1 with a float. Man I never had so many lines come flying accross my line getting tangled. Everyone there looked at me like I was crazy for having a float on. I quickly moved on. very sad :o

Read the postings more closely and you will see it was clearly a later post I was referring to but I'll use this insert feature in future so as not to confuse anyone. My appologies.  ;D ;D ;D
And reading that post it's clear who was the "odd man out" and causing all of the frustration for eveyone else. 
I switch between both methods and could care less which ever anyone uses. I just wish grown adults would just quit crying like babies about it and spare everyone all this negativity. Just fish somewhere else or find yourselves another pass time and do yourselves a favour.
I've fished all over this country and in areas with the very same issues we're dealing with here and never have I met a bigger bunch of unhappy fishermen on the river. 
Why do something that you allow to consistently bring negative energy into one's life?  ???
You got issues with illegal fishing practices then expend your enegies where they'll do some good and lobby with your polititians and advocacy groups but spare yourselves the daily negativity and accept that life isn't perfect. Looking for something to complain about everyday is a waste of a life.

Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 10:59:30 AM »

I see people bottom bouncing on the ved a lot lately, I don't think "anyway you take a fish" is ok.

A certain respect for the environment and your surroundings count. I know you are one of the best Chris and am NOT directing this at you, but in my "book" one should adapt their methods of angling to those who are ALREADY at a run - not inconvenience them.

When I read posts in this forum in the summer I saw a lot of folks talk about taking over a bar with barfishing equipment to prevent btm bouncers from fishing there - and I agree with that. Which is why I'm not impressed when "Anyway you can take a fish-guy" comes in with equipment that does not match the other guys fishing there. Case in point was a fellow with about $1500 in fly gear squeezing in between about 4 guys already drifting with floats near prison run. It lasted about 6 minutes and 3 were tangled up and much foul language used. This only happened because the....well you know...
Just to clarify a bit further, sports angling in my mind means going out using methods to actually intice a fish to bite. Most that are BB ing these days or using long float lines and are working area's like Tamahi Rapids, Limits Hole etc. are not getting the fish to bite. Just go and observe and you will see.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

Just fish somewhere else or find yourselves another pass time and do yourselves a favour.

So to be clear....

If you walk into a small pool and see 5 guys who are drifting with floats, do you:

1) Fish with a float, being in line with the others

or

2) Fish a method without a float even if it interferes with the float guys?