Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Gone, October 22, A Mini Journal  (Read 7606 times)

charles

Re: Vedder Gone, October 22, A Mini Journal
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2007, 10:43:54 AM »

I like to fish in all conditions and use the gear designed for those condition cause thats what fishing means to me.We all go fishing to catch fish but if one technique doesn't get me bites then I'll switch to one that does.
I have met many,many fishermen who use multi-techniques to fish so to abitrarily single out one method of fishing as the status quo would be denying those fishermen the right to fish. Dennis K , I have fished in amongst floaters with a blade with no consequences and have been successfull , its called waiting your turn to cast so you don't compromise the others technique and you don't necessarily have to fish the same water in the run as others.
Float fishing only... nope... you gotta think outa the "box"

I was just reading your post...  You did not exclude flossing or BB-ing...  This is what some fisherman does...  Can't get a bite, saw a guy next to him get fish after fish with 6 foot leader and no float, switch and catch fish, then the technique will gain another fan + a few more after that fisherman tells his new fisherman's friends and family members...  exactly what you describe - switch to a technique that does work...

I am not trying to put flossing and bb-ing in at any chance.  It is how fisherman's thinking that should change...  That is what I am trying to say...

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »

Not this debate again.  :-[

steelhead nick

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »

They should lower the limit of fish to 2. That should get the snaggers out of there in a cozy 20 mins, and leave the rest of the river alone for the rest of us. I know, you will have double dippers coming back, but at least they have to make a trip home. It's easy to police and how much fish do you need anyway?
Yeah I agree with that because fish populations would be desimated! since snagging is so much easier to hook a fish. I think that many angler would start doing that and since in the vedder fish limits are 4, say there are 200 anglers a week and all of them keep limits, that would be 800 fish!!!!!! :o Not saying all anglers will do that but still many will
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 05:17:21 PM by steelhead nick »

YESFISH

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2007, 11:10:43 PM »

Maybe this is a tangent, but this year I'm using a hook release which should be quicker and easier on fish than using pliers.
Last year, it took too much time to release fish. It was great in the ocean and this should be perfect for chum's narly teeth.
great forum.

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2007, 11:17:33 PM »

can u post a pic i know lotsa ppl use gaffs. i hate leaning over the boat trying to shake em with plyers as they flail

YESFISH

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 11:34:39 PM »

I'm just getting use to the forum. This is about 8 inches long with a small hook. It would be better than a gaff. In the salt, you can lift a fish if you stop it at the eye.
I have a trigger release that I'm testing.  I selected a button for insert image but nothing happened. How do you insert pics? ??? ??? ??? ::)