Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72950 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2006, 10:37:32 PM »

What, no one is working out anymore?  Or just sick of posting on this thread!!! ;D ;D  Just had to say, thanks to Ricky for suggesting a couple of different things.  Supplement wise, and workout wise!!  The last couple of weeks, I have had some darn good workouts and I'm actually feeling pretty good!!!  SO.....  we'll see how it goes!! 
 ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »

I started my diet on Monday .. getting ready for my next show...  tonight I am going to do a heavy back workout.. training starts becoming more and more fun the closer I get to the show.. when you start seeing the results from all the work it makes the training so much easier....

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2006, 08:00:08 PM »

OK so I did legs this afternoon, and let me tell ya!!!  I took the girlfriend to the gym, and when she saw what weight I was doing on leg press, she started going off about me having a heart attack because I was working myself to hard!!! ::) ::)  She wouldn't let up and did not understand that I was not doing to much weight and that I have slowly built up to it!!!  Told her that I wasn't doing much weight compared to some, but she still went on, so to apease her, I wound up dropping a couple hundred pounds and doing slower reps to finish with the legs!!!  A total distraction, and it will not be happening again!!  At least not on leg day!!!  She also said that I was getting to big, and that I was becoming a guy with no neck!! ::)  What is a guy to do!!!  Now the girl friend thinks that I am big enough and she wants me to cut down and not work so hard!!!  So I will just keep doing my workouts and hope that she doesn't notice much!!! ;D ;D  I am not even that big!!  But she comes from a family of skinny people, so.....  Any advice on how to handle this!!  Good advice!!  I am not going to do anything drastict.  She is an awesome girl, just need to help to get her to see the light!!! ;)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

What do you guys reccomend for forearms muscles (yes we all thought of that one.... :o). I used to do reverse grip barbel curles but with my wrist I can't do them anymore. Any suggestions.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2006, 09:06:40 PM »

I have a couple that would work for you, but I would have to show you!!  You might want to try a behind the back barbell finger roll!!  But it all depends on how much movement you have in your wrist!!  :-\ When are you making back home here??  I could show you some exercises where you don't have to bend your wrist!! ;)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2006, 09:41:48 AM »

I'll be home on the 29th. I plan on being glued to the river all day on the 29th and 30th.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »

Hammer Curls Biff.. they work awesome for building the bicep and the forearm at the same time

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2006, 02:36:15 PM »

I already do hammer curls. Any other idea?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

I already do hammer curls. Any other idea?

Yeah keep doing them!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

but seriously, do roll ups holding the barbell with the tips of your fingers roll the weight up the palm of your hand by rolling your fingers.. you can do the same exercise using the cables... there are many exercises.. but it would be much easier to show you than tell you

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2006, 03:38:32 PM »

Well, it has been a good last couple of weeks of workouts!!  Feeling good, the only thing I need now, is to get more sleep each night!!  Still can't seem to get to bed before 11 pm, I get up at 5:30 every morning.  Should be getting at least 7-8 hrs per night!! ;D

BTW, what the heck is up with that freaky avator Ricky??  We knew you were a bit weird, but come on man!!! :o ;D  Think you might be dieting to hard, you are startin' to crack man!!! :D :D ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2006, 04:25:37 PM »

Well what say we revive this thread one more time, are you guys still training, Eddie you ever make it to mexico?????  Big Steel did you get that sex change yet ???
I seem to spend my life at the gym these days, I am 6 weeks into my diet and down 15 pounds, I am doing cardio 5 days a week at 6 am and lifting at 6 pm 6 days a week, results are good, feeling lean but I am really getting sick of the diet food  >:( I love Sunday's as those are my cheat days!!! only 14 weeks to go till my first show , and then one more month of torture after that till my second show... train hard boys and girls
Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2006, 04:38:08 PM »

I leave for Mexico on May 27th. I am at 193lbs right now and pretty lean. A buddy of mine who is in competition said I should do a show in 4 weeks but I dont really want to. I am going to do a show in April that is in Kamloops. He told me that my weak points are chest,shoulders and quads. Just need to add a bit mroe size to those areas and I should do well.

Rick can you give me that info about your show in August at the River Rock? My buddy was asking me about it since I mentioned that their was one at that location.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »

Well Ricky, yes I am still training, HARD!!!   ;)  This heat this week is killing me though!!  I have lost 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks, which I don't mind at all as long as I don't start losing muscle mass!!  I am in 211 lbs right now, feeling good and strong!!  Just finished Bi's and Calfs!!  Tomorrow is chest!!  :) I'll get to see if I can still do the 105 lbs incline dumbells after putting up with 57 degree celius at work all day!!  Freakin 20 foot wide oven!! ::) ;D
  Looking forward to supper, meat and potatoes!!  Only way to go!! ;) :D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »

hey man, they actually changed the location to North Vancouver now, which is good for me because I live less than ten minutes away  ;D
it is at the centeniall theater on 23rd and Lonsdale.. 193 is still a respectable weight, thats awesome you have maintained that much muscle after dieting for so long!! you should do a show soon, but take your friends advise and work on those weak spots before you get on stage, you will have a more enjoyable experience if you are confidant with how you look before you get up on the stage, I wish I had trained for one more year before I got up there, but live and learn,
So Eddie how is your training lately? still intense?

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2006, 04:56:33 PM »

I have to say that I've been slacking off quiet a bit latley. In fact, I went to the gym for the first time yesterday after being away for about 3 weeks. :-[ Although I do have a pretty good excuse, crazy final exams and a two week fishing trip.  ;D After the weigh in yesterday I was back down to 180 so I've got my work cut out for me if I'm going to be able to make it to 200 by summers end. Not that I'm not up for the challenge.  :)