Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 73837 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »

So Monday night was leg day  >:(  I hate leg day cause leg day hurts!!!!! 
Started out with Barbell squat.......  warmed up with 2 plates a side for 20 reps... then to 3 for 12.... 4 for 12.... 5 for 10.. and then 5 plates and a quarter for 8 reps....
moved over to one legged press....  2 plates for 12... 3 plates for 12.. 4 plates for 12.. 6 plates for 12... 6 plates for 8
then to hack squat......................   my friend to heal squats 3 plates 4 sets of 12
leg extension..............................   300 lbs. for 12...... 400 lbs for 12.... 400 lbs for 12... 400 lbs for 12
C & C squats ..............................   body weight for 15.... body weight plau 50 lbs for 12.. body weight plus 50 lbs for 12

thats it !!!!!!!!  I could barely stand after this workout and if I didn't keep my knees locked I would have gone down... ::). went home and became as one with the couch and stood as little as possible.... today I feel great with no lingering pain at all.. you know these workouts suck my friend and they hurt like hell... but when I get on stage in August it will all be worth it... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You said that I was a whiner!!!!  :o Wimp!!! ;D ;D  Well, I don't have to do legs again until Friday, I am SO looking forward to it!!  No really I am!!!  ::) Have an off-day,well sort of tomorrow!!  I was supposed to do Delts, but after hitting the rest of the upper body hard this week, I figured it would be smart to give the body a days rest before hitting one of my favorite muscle groups!!!  Then, I can hit them even harder!!  So tomorrow, I will do calfs and abs, maybe hammies, depending on time.  Abs usually take me a good 45 min!!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2006, 10:22:39 AM »

You said that I was a whiner!!!!  :o Wimp!!! ;D ;D  Well, I don't have to do legs again until Friday, I am SO looking forward to it!!  No really I am!!!  ::) Have an off-day,well sort of tomorrow!!  I was supposed to do Delts, but after hitting the rest of the upper body hard this week, I figured it would be smart to give the body a days rest before hitting one of my favorite muscle groups!!!  Then, I can hit them even harder!!  So tomorrow, I will do calfs and abs, maybe hammies, depending on time.  Abs usually take me a good 45 min!!! ;)

Ok Big Steel..... I think its time you came and did a leg workout with me!!  ;D ;D
then we will see who is curled up crying after  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:57:03 PM by thickrick »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »

I'll take that under consideration and get back to you Rick!!! ;D ;D ;D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »

ie Big Steel wants to build up a little bit before so he isn't completley embarassed  ;D
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »

ie Big Steel wants to build up a little bit before so he isn't completley embarassed  ;D
  See Biff knows how to read between the lines!!! ;D ;D ;D  I would do any upper body workout with him, but my legs need a bit ( A LOT) more punishment before I try to go with Rick!!! ;) ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2006, 09:47:50 PM »

Damn..don't you guys have any injuries??? I've been back in the gym for the past year and also did a weight program for the boys golf team..yeah that was a big joke...but after two rotator cup tears my bench reaches 240 and my shoulders start to go..i get damn tendinitis in my elbows..and between my knee surgery and broken ankles..i squeak when i walk now :P..I've resigned myself to running every other day now and doing sets of sit ups and push ups...

You try and tell your kids about what sports and military life will do to you if you don't watch out but they listen about as well as i did...and now in my 40's I'm paying for it....

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »

Read the first 2 or 3 pages, we all had and still do have injuries!!!  Some pretty severe!!  But I workout to keep the injuries away now!!!  Seems to be working so far, the back pain has gone away, now it is just the nagging little ones that I work through almost every work out.  Just don't think about them.  I always have a pinched nerve or knee pain or some sort of thing going on!!!  Tendinitis in the elbow and shoulder are the most painful ones, but after the first few sets, it seems to go away!! :)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2006, 10:18:53 AM »

Hey Golfman... I have become an expert and dealing with and taking care of injuries over the years.... there are many tricks and exercises that you can perform to ease the pain and in some cases get rid of it all together.. there are also many supplements that help your body repair and stop the unwanted pain from coming back.. too bad you don't live closer I would say to come into my store and see me and I could help you out a bit.....

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2006, 05:03:43 PM »

I get about 1 injury a year that takes me out anywhere from 2-6weeks. Last injury was about 4 months ago (knock on wood)

I have a question. When trying to build strength should you:
a) Lift heavy with partial reps
b) Lift as much as you can even though it may not seem like allot with slow full range reps

I did a leg workout and just obliterated them. I started with Squats and got up to 3 plates and could do 6 reps ( which were about 3/4 reps) Than I hit leg press and boy was it weak. I was doing 5 plates aside but could not manage a full controlled reps. I went down to 4 plates and could squeeze out 10 slow complete reps.

My theory is that if I were to consistantly do slow controlled full reps with a lighter weight eventually the weight will just increase in time. 90% of the time I do full reps but never really do the slow movements. I do all my reps controlled and either focus on the negative or positive and alternate between the two. Doing the negative and positive in a slow movement would sound like the best answer.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2006, 05:28:32 PM »

after lots and lots of reading and experimenting I have come to the following conclusion:

5-8 reps with maximum weight builds strength

8-12 reps with maximum weight builds size

12-20 reps waste of time and means your weight is too small   ;)

by maximum weight I mean the absolute most you can do but still manage the target # of reps
in other words when trying to build strength you will want to use enough weight that you can barely do 6 reps.. but with some help you can pump out 8 and no more...

eat lots...rest lots...fish lots...  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2006, 11:28:21 AM »

Well I guess this thread is finally losing its interest.... time to put it to bed??????? what happened BS no workout today??? PI ???????

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2006, 06:16:23 PM »

Of course I worked out today. I go a minimum of 5 days a week and normally its 6 days.

I did Abs & Forearms today. Damn people bugging me today and trying to socialize.

Did about 6-8 different ab exercises and 3 different forearm exercises. The wrist curls just destroyed my arms boy were they burning.

I am just trying to maintain right now. I cant even pinch any fat on me right now its all muscle and skin  :) Cant wait for September when I try and do a clean bulk.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2006, 07:26:33 PM »

Yes NoFlexRex ;D, I worked out yesterday and Today!!!  Was just to tired yesterday to post anything. ::)  Yesterday I did Delts, had a very nice workout that consisted of Dumbell presses, Front Barbell presses, Heavy side laterals, and finished with military presses.  Today was the WOnderful leg workout.  Started with Hack squats, then single leg presses, then Heavy Leg presses and finished with leg extensions!!!  So I should be in prime shape for the thing I got going on tomorrow!!!!! ;D ;D ::)

meca_357

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »

l
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 09:30:54 PM by meca_357 »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »