Buntzen Lake Fly Fishing Competition
Posted on June 27th 2012, by Rodney Hsu, webmaster
Todd Oishi from Fly Fishing Canada will be hosting a fly fishing competition at Buntzen Lake in Port Moody on Sunday July 15th, 2012. This competition, as well as the rest of the Summer Series, will allow participants an unique opportunity to participate in a series of friendly-spirited competitions, and to learn more about stillwater fishing in general. This also provides an excellent opportunity for meeting other fly fishers and members of our angling communities.
Schedule of Events:
Boats go in the water around 8:00am
Session 1: 9:00am to 12:00pm
Session 2: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
12:00pm - 1:00pm The Youth Team members will be serving a hot dog and burger lunch, as a part of their fundraising projects, so please bring along some cash to help support their cause.
1. Method of angling: Fly fishing loch-style (fishing and casting ahead of the drift of a drifting boats)
2. FIPS-Mouche Rules apply
3. Entry Fees/Payouts: None
4. Eligible fish species: Rainbow and cutthroat trout, kokanee and dolly varden.
5. Minimum length for scoring points: 20cm.
6. Number of sessions: 2 sessions.
7. Time Period for each session: 3 hours.
8. Number of competitors per Team: 2 competitors (Individual Competitors will be paired up).
9. No-Fish-Period: comp water no-fish policy is in affect as of 8:00am Monday, July 8th, 2012.
10. The use of electric motors is permitted for moving about the lake (trolling is not permitted).
11. Flies must be out of the water when the boat is under power (rowing or motoring).
Please mark this event on your calendar and respond by email to confirm that you're able to attend. Todd really wants to encourage newcomers and fly fishers of all skill levels to come out, learn, and see what it's all about. Please keep in mind that it costs absolutely nothing to enter, so you've got absolutely nothing to lose.