Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Morning Rant  (Read 8820 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Morning Rant
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2022, 04:25:12 PM »

They were talking about this on the radio this morning,  If we don't remember are we doomed to repeat the past?

"While the report found that “three in four Canadians express satisfaction with democracy in Canada and the same proportion agrees that democracy is better than any other form of government,” only 39 per cent of Canadians aged 18 to 29 agree with the same statement, compared to 74 per cent of those above 60. Twenty-one per cent of young Canadians believe that it doesn’t matter whether a government is democratic or non-democratic, and 12 per cent agree an authoritarian government might be preferable under certain circumstances."

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/grafton-are-young-people-ready-to-abandon-democracy

The list of insolvable problems seems to grow while demi-gods and would be autocrats offer simple solutions so it's little wonder a younger generation adopts a skeptical and complacent attitude. Yet it is self-fulfilling. In the US the republicans are, on the basis of how voters self identify, a minority party that mostly wins elections because they motivate base to get out and vote. Turn out is typically below 50% for major elections. It takes changes at all levels of government to make a difference yet turnouts in Canada are on the decline. The last Ontario Provincial election had a turn out of less than 50%. For local government elections in Canada turnouts are typically below 30%

we get the kind of government  we deserve. People who don't vote don't get a voice, they are ignored. Politicians have learned the surest way to be re-elected is to focus on a responsive base of active, motivated voters.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 07:12:42 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

ribolovac02

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2022, 08:09:10 PM »

I, my self, an immigrant to this beautiful country of ours , meaning Canada .

I closely read and listen to the comments on this thread and it seems to me there is a lot of different point of views and potentially some anger there , in between .

I find it very disturbing , I have a hard time understanding why some individuals would develop such thinking , but at the same time I try to understand that there has been difficult times for all of us , and certain traumas in our upbringing , and those traumas have coused a particular point of view .

There is many factors to what a individual posts online , some just do it couse they want to disturb others , some do it couse they don’t know any better , some are influenced by others , some are just to young and havnt seen the world , some just think they are always right and it goes on …

But all these thoughts end up in a single forum discussion , where some don’t have the ability to see all these factors or many more that are behind the scenes , and then the worst comes out of it .

Then it all ends up public.

WHY ???

Because,  we felt triggered to defend our selfs , or our believes , that are most likly brought on to us .

Anyways to not go on too far , Putting a poppy on or not , to me , every person is equal and a nother human being , that I’m glad to meet and learn from regardless of how he looks like and what colour he is .

Coming from Europe , and being a child of war , living in shelters for big part of my childhood , seeing the suffering of a bloody war I ve learned the hard way ,what survival is all about, and I’m only 40 today , I’ve seen people with out limbs , I’ve had closest family die , and I lived without seeing my father for 4 years not knowing if he was dead or alive , and watching my mother cry and pray every day ,while I took care of my younger brothers , I was fortunate enough Red Cross brought us food , and powder milk to feed children , so I know first hand ,WAR is not what we want in this world .

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2022, 08:26:36 PM »

The list of insolvable problems seems to grow while demi-gods and would be autocrats offer simple solutions so it's little wonder a younger generation adopts a skeptical and complacent attitude. Yet it is self-fulfilling. In the US the republicans are, on the basis of how voters self identify, a minority party that mostly wins elections because they motivate base to get out and vote. Turn out is typically below 50% for major elections. It takes changes at all levels of government to make a difference yet turnouts in Canada are on the decline. The last Ontario Provincial election had a turn out of less than 50%. For local government elections in Canada turnouts are typically below 30%

we get the kind of government  we deserve. People who don't vote don't get a voice, they are ignored. Politicians have learned the surest way to be re-elected is to focus on a responsive base of active, motivated voters.

Trump killed the GOP the new Republican Party is an authoritarian party.

Atlest it’s not that bad in Canada but as seen by the poll we are not free of it.

booters

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 03:12:50 PM »

Nov!!
Anyone native to Canada and wearing a Poppy I truely understand and rESPECT
Anyone living in Canada by choice or elegibility re self or family,  NOT , You and theirs have probably live a reasonable life style. NO? But so many argue and debate the point of just wearing a bloody Poppy!
You should be ashamed, for argueing your futile reasons. If not go back your  your country of origin, Prob not Im not to mince words but i see it hear with some posts, ie yours Darko. Unbelievable.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 03:41:34 PM »

Nov!!
Anyone living in Canada by choice or elegibility re self or family,  NOT , You and theirs have probably live a reasonable life style. NO? But so many argue and debate the point of just wearing a bloody Poppy!
You should be ashamed, for argueing your futile reasons. If not go back your  your country of origin, Prob not Im not to mince words but i see it hear with some posts, ie yours Darko. Unbelievable.
Merry Christmas to you too. Sorry MY truth is not what you want to hear. Actually I couldn't care less, your narcissistic responses speak for themself. I will go on fishing my heart out and enjoying my life. I'm young and I have my whole life to prove I had a positive affect in this world. No thanks to you  ;)
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

booters

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2022, 03:57:25 PM »

you are able to do that in this country,prob no where else you speak of Digest what ive said, you stated no patritism to Canada for accepting you onto thisis country. WHAT. Look at what you said and i guess believe.
Dont5 hold any respect for you or your comments. U just dont get it.

SuperBobby

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2022, 04:37:44 PM »

Nov!!

Warning!!! Warning!!! You are virtue signaling at us again. Stop pushing your ideals and beliefs on other people.

bobby b

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2022, 04:59:43 PM »

If not go back your  your country of origin

Uhhhmmmm… Karen … plz STFU

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:51 PM »

If not go back your  your country of origin, Prob not Im not to mince words but i see it hear with some posts, ie yours Darko. Unbelievable.

Man... I don't get it. You emailed me telling me that I've convinced everyone that you're racist. I was going to spend some time to write up a response to make you feel better but then this?

Phronesis

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2022, 06:54:14 PM »

Who is a better citizen?
Someone wearing a poppy but doing absolutely nothing to help others around like veterans or even those in the community
 OR
Someone who does help and contribute to society?

Like Darko mentioned, its through actions that you define being a good citizen and not words or being someone to impose your rights and wrongs

People who sacrificed their lives wanted the next generation to live in peace and prosperity...that was the whole point....

ern

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2022, 09:29:20 PM »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2022, 11:41:53 PM »

Warning!!! Warning!!! You are virtue signaling at us again. Stop pushing your ideals and beliefs on other people.

https://i.imgur.com/FX8RXKX.jpg
 ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 11:51:43 PM by clarki »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2022, 10:40:06 AM »

;)

there has been a lot of that going around for some time.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

danielk

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2022, 07:39:49 PM »

I feel booters was posting after a few Canadian clubs.  (Like a 40oz).   :!  Holy moly !!!!!

danielk

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2022, 07:42:13 PM »

Spread kindness not hate !!!    How about the fishing !!!!!! Time to shut this one down maybe.    👀